Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gluconeogenesis page 8

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If the contest of whom to believe goes to the one who can use the most profanity per post, I guess you win.
    Oh clever. It's also two curse words, get over it, you gigantic baby. Especially considering every other post of yours is a giant cluster of ad hominems, you have nothing to stand on.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Paleobird Guest
    Yawn!

I love you Paleobird

(my sig is about you...)
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Paleobird Guest
    I had a cat named Phoenix until recently. I love you too Derpums.

Aw qt name for a kitty

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Aw qt name for a kitty
    I found her on 9/11.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Right now we may believe we know what we know, but we assuredly don't know what we don't know.... and there is plenty of the latter. I'm sure that was said better by someone else, but I forget who or how it was stated. You get the gist of it though.

Anthropology will always have the problem of too many variables, and lab science will always have the problem of reductionistic viewpoint to an extent that real world application isn't tenable in many cases. I don't see any reason to use either exclusively really.
    Nassim Taleb
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Both Cori and I have steered people away from it [HFLC] when it was not right for them.
    How does one determine whether it's right or not? And, what's the time frame? I don't want to hijack this thread, so links to where this has been discussed would be fine, if anyone would be willing to point me in their direction.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    How does one determine whether it's right or not? And, what's the time frame? I don't want to hijack this thread, so links to where this has been discussed would be fine, if anyone would be willing to point me in their direction.
    6x a week cross fitters and children without medical disorders come to mind. Super skinny people or hard gainers trying to gain mass also. Then there are those who maybe give it a go and don't feel like they are thriving.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-08-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Most people are so unhealthy that it doesn't work, and the damage it does in that state is severe. The same damage that got them to an insulin intolerant state in the first place. For these people, low carb is a band aid on a problem, not a solution.

Also, you forget people are fucking idiots when it comes to knowing how they feel. Placebo controls their life, it's a very powerful thing, as we're all governed by quantum physics. Bunch of people say ketosis is a miracle = oh shit I'm a god ketosis saved my life I feel so great carbs are the devil I hate sugar wheat nearly killed me, and the nonsense goes on and on.
    Ah, but that begs to question.... is placebo (state of mind, belief, meditation, positive thinking....whatever) simply the strongest medicine with no side effects!

You know I wonder if there as been any experiments aimed specifically at enhancing the placebo effect? Like a single blind trial with three arms placebo, placebo + doctor "letting it slip" that you are in the group getting the drug, and drug groups. Could be interesting to see how much we can maximize the placebo effect.

BTW thank you for your earlier post. I think you got some good things to say also. I agree opposite ends of the spectrum can be civil. It gets touchy when that word "optimal" gets employed by either side though. Like I said optimal is a fantasy for the most part (well there may be N=1 optimal, but even that is tricky) until someone with the genetic predisposition to live 95 years makes it to 116. Then we gotta document those facts. Till then its hypothesis vs hypothesis.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast