Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Gluconeogenesis page 10

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    ... stunningly incoherent rant ...
    I find it quite remarkable that one of your principal objections to my writing style is that I substantiate what I say and that I try to make sure that my statements are accurate. You are a very dangerous individual because you speak with great conviction ( albeit with scant evidence ) on topics that you know vanishingly little about.

I sincerely regret having engaged you in any discussion, but what is done is done. Lesson learned.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Paleobird Guest
    I just love it when someone gets a little bit of Latin under their belt and then accuses someone else of "ad hominem fallacies" while calling them "gay" and "creepy" in reference to children.

But you sound so learned when you use latin terms.

Seriously, Derpums, you are making my eyerolls emoticon get tired.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    I find it quite remarkable that one of your principal objections to my writing style is that I substantiate what I say and that I try to make sure that my statements are accurate. You are a very dangerous individual because you speak with great conviction ( albeit with scant evidence ) on topics that you know vanishingly little about.

I sincerely regret having engaged you in any discussion, but what is done is done. Lesson learned.

-PK
    If you say so, but I'm not convinced, because you didn't write a 10,000 character post about it. I would have eventually gotten around to asking all the right questions, because when I'm not 100% sure of something, I research it thoroughly before "speaking with conviction"; but I don't have the energy to sift through 8 really long paragraphs filled with more of the same thing. Hell, I even read your name as pkloop for a while there. I need more sleep.

Your writing style, since most of what you do is cut and paste from scientific articles, isn't clear and concise at all. You quote the same thing of mine, remove parts, post more of the same thing, then formulate an argument against nothing. I can't even count how many times you created a straw man in your posts. It got old. The fault isn't entirely on you though, I saw errors in my posts from not spending the time you did to make sure it was accurate.

Unfortunately, this place isn't exactly ideal for having debates, as you said in one of your other novels about posts addressed to certain people or something, as Paleobird repeatedly shows by contributing nothing to threads except throwing shit at people she doesn't agree with from the side. It also escalates to ugly really fast, for no reason, since it seems like people like you can't argue without trying to insult someone else as if this lends credit to their position. You're fortunate you're in the right place, otherwise I'm sure this would have ended differently.

I just love it when someone gets a little bit of Latin under their belt and then accuses someone else of "ad hominem fallacies" while calling them "gay" and "creepy" in reference to children.
    I guess you missed the part where he threw the first stones. I don't blame you, I don't read his posts either.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-14-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    nihil

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, who really gives a fuck about fat vs carb oxidation rate and velocity and whatnot ? Enjoy your foods guys and be as healthy as you can!

PS: but I must say as a scientist myself in a former life and a completely different topic, PK's detailed posts are quite fascinating by the density of info ...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    To be honest, who really gives a fuck about fat vs carb oxidation rate and velocity and whatnot ? Enjoy your foods guys and be as healthy as you can!

PS: but I must say as a scientist myself in a former life and a completely different topic, PK's detailed posts are quite fascinating by the density of info ...
    They are, but it's not exactly groundbreaking information. I really didn't disagree with the premise behind that information, even, which is why I had no idea what he was talking about save for a few parts.

There isn't much to argue about when it comes to a correct formula of a mechanism.
    nihil

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    @derp
    I find this forum a great place to have debates, except for the threads you pop up in, they go to shit real fast. You also seem to find the same to be true. Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I guess you missed the part where he threw the first stones. I don't blame you, I don't read his posts either.
    But, Teacher! He hit me first!

Grow up Derp.

And yes, I do read PK's posts. They are fascinating and very well researched.

jackaaron is offline Member
    Poll: When you accuse someone of cutting/pasting their posts/responses, do you provide at least a shred of evidence?

If not, no worries, just curious. Thanks!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But, Teacher! He hit me first!

Grow up Derp.

And yes, I do read PK's posts. They are fascinating and very well researched.
    Funny a 60 year old english teacher who adds insults to every single post she makes, telling someone else to grow up.

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm just a fifteen year old not fully understanding the power of being in keto (I wouldn't need it either, and it certainly wouldn't be beneficial for me) and the process of burning fat or carbs while exercising (http://arno.unimaas.nl/show.cgi?fid=2782). Don't make this a neverending argue about the purpose of life (:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast