Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Hidden Warrior page 6

Brenda_D is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    6:30 - 1/2 strip bacon 5 little pieces of sausage
    9:00 - 15 min walk
    10:30 - hungry and shaky, ate 2 chicken drummies w/skin and a salad with HB egg and a few sausage bites
    10:45 - 15 min walk
    2:00 - 15 min walk
    6:30 - Bacon wrapped asparagus, eggs benedict in a mushroom cap, small salad.

Notes: My bloating from last week is going down. Moderate energy level throughout the workday, but stressed, frustrated, and maybe a little depressed today... after work really drained. Tried PEM around 5:30 pm, only 3 push-ups and 15 second plank. I could have done more at a lower level, but am just fatigued.

Water: 2.5 liters

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Mighty D how are you doing on your good fats? You may need to up those to help with fatigue and irritability. If I am trying to go low cal on any given day I might do one meal and snack on Kerrigold(2tbsp) to stave off hunger. Butter has no lactose since it's just cream, you maybe able to tolerate it. My 2 cents. Keep on climbing back up those trees and getting your Tarzan on!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda_D View Post
    6:30 - 1/2 strip bacon 5 little pieces of sausage
    9:00 - 15 min walk
    10:30 - hungry and shaky, ate 2 chicken drummies w/skin and a salad with HB egg and a few sausage bites
    10:45 - 15 min walk
    2:00 - 15 min walk
    6:30 - Bacon wrapped asparagus, eggs benedict in a mushroom cap, small salad.

Notes: My bloating from last week is going down. Moderate energy level throughout the workday, but stressed, frustrated, and maybe a little depressed today... after work really drained. Tried PEM around 5:30 pm, only 3 push-ups and 15 second plank. I could have done more at a lower level, but am just fatigued.

Water: 2.5 liters
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Hey Hey Sugar Bear Bear! I've been eating a ton of fat, mainly from bacon and steak... some butter and coconut oil mixed in. I'm not sure what caused the hypoglycemic-ish episode and fatigue, but I was pretty off the day before with my foods, I think my body was confused.

--------
    I'm starting a clean slate. I need to prove to myself that I can do 21 days without cheats.

Good Things:
    I feel like I've been a Negative Nancy lately. So it's time to take stock of the positive. Can't remember if I've posted any of these results yet; but even so, they're good... so worth another mention:

1) Inflammation is down (hands, feet, face, all over)
    2) Back pain almost completely gone!
    3) Shoulder pain about 60-85% better... depends on how much time I spend on the computer.
    4) Digestive issues are pretty much a thing of the past, used to be daily episodes IBS-D.
    5) No tummy pain. This was a constant when I was smoking, drinking pop, and eating fast food regularly. The majority went away when I quit smoking, but changing foods has played a part as well.
    6) OMG.... so much less gassy!!! hahaha I barely even burp any more!
    7) Pooping? What is that? I seem to vaguely remember something along those lines...
    8) Skin is less dry and has more color.
    9) Eyes are less sensitive to light and wind, and less eye strain.
    10) More energy. Less napping (used to nap after work almost daily).

Almost forgot to mention, I have night vision...
    Last edited by Brenda_D; 05-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Welcome to Limbo
    In the midst of confusion over what to eat, possibly overeating meats and fats and undereating veggies... I decided a trip to the bookstore was in order. I already have a few Paleo and Primal books, but tend to get lost - maybe due to lack of plan? Food and I have just always had an incompatible and unhealthy relationship on pretty much every level.

The only plan I've been able to stick to for any length of time has been one where I would eat a certain amount of protein paired with a specific amount of carb/starch, and then eating fruits and veggies at key times of the day. The food formula and eating time schedule for some reason seems to help me stay on track and in control. This 'listening to my body idea' I really like and think it truly is correct, provided your body's system is working correctly and you're not battling addictive behaviors. I'm having a difficult time keeping myself under control.

What to do, what to do... Since I have Mark's 21-day Transformation book, I thought maybe I was missing some key information by not having the Primal Blueprint. I went with the intention of making that purchase, but decided against it due to it being so close to the other book.

I purchased instead, "Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora T. Gedgaudas since it seems pretty in depth in regard to supplements and general nutrition. I also purchased "The Warrior Diet" by Ori Hofmekler which appeals to me because fasting and limited eating appeals to me. I find I have more control over myself and my eating when I am not eating. Basically, the more I eat, the more I want to eat.

When I was in high school, my Sophomore year I gained 30 lbs. My Junior year I lost that plus more without actively trying, the two things that changed were 1) went on birth control pills and 2) ate 1 meal per day in the afternoon (this did not have to do with trying to lose weight, I have never purposely tried starving myself).

Later years have shown that birth control pills have not helped me lose nor maintain my weight. I became convinced, along with most of the population, that more meals plus snacks were the way to go. After learning more about low-carb eating and the fasting, I just feel drawn to that but am not sure how to go about it. Hopefully, "The Warrior Diet" will help with that.

Leptin resistance has been a concern, having read that I'll pretty much get nowhere with weight loss unless this is fixed. Having just read a list of leptin resistance symptoms, I am relieved to say that only 1 (being overweight) of 14 applies at this time.

I've got a lot of reading to do. I'm not sure at this point in what ways I will change up my foods, but I do feel like my meals are not that healthy... I'm pretty much mainly just eating meat. My moods are not stable, especially in the morning - I tend to be pretty crabby (whether I've just eaten or not). I'm thinking of adding more veggies, a little fruit and a little starch or grain back in. I also need to get consistent with taking supplements.

Adventures in Spelunking
    Today, my bf and I went to the Ape Caves in Washington, near Mt. St. Helens and had ourselves a nice long hike in the dark. It was a lot of fun, good exercise and I look forward to going back again and exploring the upper cave. We just did the lower one since we weren't really prepared, higher powered flashlights and good non-slip shoes are needed for the upper cave.

B_Spe.jpgP1030646.jpg

Since I have a photo, I'll add that my weight in these photos is 167 (up 2 lbs from last weigh in).

I read about 50 pages of "The Warrior Diet" on the drive and I am very impressed with it so far. It looks like it might be complementary to Primal. Even if I find out it isn't, I'm still learning a lot about enzymes, minerals, and general inner workings of the body as it relates to food. Good stuff!

Hoping to power through some more pages so I can get started tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I was reading through the nutrition pages, mainly regarding JUDD. Someone mentioned that steak made her feel super human and that she loses weight with steak, I respond the same to steak. So I decided to write down the top 10 foods that make me feel awesome when I eat them, fortunately 9 out of 10 of them I love to eat (not a fan of grapefruit). Here they are:

1. Rare-Medium Rare Steak (NY Strip, Tenderloin, T-bone, and Ribeye - fat included)
    2. Dark Meat Chicken w/skin
    3. Broccoli (raw or steamed)
    4. Green Beans (steamed)
    5. Asparagus (steamed or grilled)
    6. Black Olives
    7. White Potatoes w/butter
    8. Kiwi
    9. Mango/Papaya (aren't they almost the same thing?)
    10. Grapefruit

Speaking of Papaya, I always have a roll of papaya enzyme tablets on hand for any digestive issues that might occur.

I wonder if these foods are what I should be primarily eating... is my body this smart? Anyway, since I'm planning on bringing back a little fruit and starch anyway. I think I shall make this my staple list for the next phase which is to undereat during the day and overeat in the evening... this BTW makes me so very happy! I have always loved eating a lot in the evening, and no matter what diet or eating plan I've been on, it has always been super hard on me to eat a small supper.

So, I'm expecting my meal plans to look something like this:
    Tiny snacking as needed (if needed) throughout the day, snacks to include:
    raw veggies, nuts, hard-boiled eggs, fruit

Evening meal to include:
    salad with mixed raw veggies, at least two different colored cooked veggies, at least two meats/proteins (something like steak and eggs, or steak and chicken, or bacon and eggs), a potato with butter or fried potatoes with peppers... and if needed, a dessert that is preferably cold.

I have no idea if this is going to work, but since it coincides with my preferences, I am excited to try!

Safeway Groceries:

Bell Peppers (Y,O,R): $3.75 ($.64/lb)
    Cucumber: $.99
    Radishes: $.50
    Broccoli Crowns: $2.28 ($1.53/lb)
    Green Beans: $6.99
    Mushrooms: $1.50
    Carrots (bag): $1.19

Limes (3): $1.00
    Lemon: $.69
    Lemon Juice: $1.99

(Mine) Red Grapefruit (Del Monte/Pre-peeled): $7.99
    (Mine) Raspberries (3 oz): $3.99
    Oranges (8 lbs): $5.99
    Strawberries (1 lb): $2.50
    Bananas: $2.02

Potatoes, Russet (10 lbs): 2.98

Total: $46.35

Sunday:
    B (10:30):
    Chicken Thigh w/skin
    S (5:30):
    2 strips bacon
    D (7:45):
    Medium Salad [romaine/radishes/cucumbers/mushrooms/feta/honey mustard dressing (non-primal)]
    2 fried eggs, 1 strip bacon
    1/3 cup fried potato medley (potato cubes/bell peppers/bacon/mushrooms)
    1-2 Tbsp fudge (honey, cocoa, coconut oil)

Thoughts:
    - Need to drink more water on weekends.
    - Hopefully will get a good night's sleep tonight.
    - A little anxious about tomorrow and trying to get through the day with as little food as possible.
    - Hopefully my mood will be stable.

PrimalCon New York
    Day One: PB/Warrior Remix
    Morning Weight: 166.6

IF:
    (8:00 pm - 12:50 pm) apprx. 17 hrs
    Undereating:
    12:50 - Radish (1), Kalamatas (2), Feta Crumble (1)
    2:30 - HB Egg & Cucumber Bite (1)
    Overeating:
    From 6:50-7:20 (in order of consumption)
    1.5 cups Steamed Broccoli & Carrots
    1 Gourmet Garlic Green Olive
    2 Kalamata Olives
    1 Slice Bacon
    8 oz. NY Strip (Medium... a little overdone)
    A nice long strip of Steak Fat... Mmmm...Mmmm....Mmmm
    1 small potato w/skin and butter
    5 Raspberries
    1 small chunk Paleo fudge

Water Intake:
    3.5 liters

Movement:
    9:00 - 10 wall push-ups
    11:15 - 30 minute walk w/10 sec sprint
    2:00 - 15 minute walk w/20 sec sprint
    Ran up and down stairs at least 10 times throughout the day

Hunger Level: 2-5
    Energy Level: 6-7
    Mood: Cheerful, Optimistic

Notes:
    I peed a lot and frequently. Bye, Bye toxins and fat!! A co-worker said "Goodmorning Slim" to me and asked if I've lost more weight. That was nice. Legs and ankles were sore today, sprinted for a short time on them anyway- breath recovery pretty quick. Think I'm sore from spelunking on Saturday.

I felt good all day, just a little sore and stiff in my legs. The HB egg hit the spot when I did get a bit hungry in the early afternoon. Evening meal was just a little piece of Heaven... I think I am really going to like eating like this. I feel full, slightly overfull but I expect that to subside within a half hour. I'll have to learn when to stop eating. I feel really good, very satisfied and like I can go a long while without food.

All in all, I'd call this a successful day!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast