Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Hidden Warrior page 4

Brenda_D is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    WEEK ONE STATS:
    Previous Weight: 170 lbs
    Current Weight: 165 lbs
    Weight Lost: 5 lbs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Measurements:
    Previous Total Inches: 307.25"
    Current Total Inches: 294.5"
    Inches Lost: 12.75" (Um, what?)

Neck: 14.25" (-.5")
    R-Bicep: 12.5" (-.25") L-Bicep: 12" (-.5")
    R-Forearm: 10.5" (-.25") L-Forearm: 10.25 (-.25")
    Bust: 45" (-.5")
    Waist: 37" (-4") <--- THAT is what I'm talkin' about!
    Stomach: 43.5" (-2.5")
    Hips: 40" (.5")
    R-Thigh: 20" (-1.75") L-Thigh: 20" (-1.5") <---- This seems odd, but I've measured 3 times!
    R-Calf: 14.75" (-.25") L-Calf: 14.75" (0)

Edited stomach measurement, was incorrect the first time.
    Last edited by Brenda_D; 04-29-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    "Wild cats look their best when they're hungry, so do you." - Ori Hofmekler

Day Eight: Daily success score out of 10: 9 --> I did extra (or at least more than normal)
    Energy Levels: 8-9 out of 10
    Hunger Level between meals: 1
    Satisfaction Level with meals: 10
    Struggles: None
    Highlights: Have no idea if this has anything to do with food, but I forgot to bring my glasses to work. I worked at a computer for 11 hours with minimal eye strain, no headache, no tiredness. Weird. sidenote: I forgot my glasses a few weeks ago and had to go home to get them within an hour. Again, no clue if this has to do with food... but, am writing it as a highlight anyway because it was.
    Need to Improve: Nothing today.
    Notes: Noticing I don't get hungry for a looooong time as long as I drink adequate water.

5:40 awake
    7:30 - 6 deviled eggs (mayo w/olive oil) and 2 oz Turkey burger fried in clarified butter.
    10:30 - 15 minute walk
    12:30 - 30 minute walk
    2:45 - 15 minute walk
    7:30ish - 6 deviled eggs (I can't believe I ate 6 six more!) 6-8 oz grass-fed NY Strip, salad

Water 2 1/2 liters so far.

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Woo to the Hoo!!! That's what I am talking about D, you are turning into Primal Woman! Just like when Peter Parker in Spider-man the movie, could see better without his glasses once bitten by the irradiated spider and........Ooops, let me just put away my nerd flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda_D View Post
    Day Eight: Daily success score out of 10: 9 --> I did extra (or at least more than normal)
    Energy Levels: 8-9 out of 10
    Hunger Level between meals: 1
    Satisfaction Level with meals: 10
    Struggles: None
    Highlights: Have no idea if this has anything to do with food, but I forgot to bring my glasses to work. I worked at a computer for 11 hours with minimal eye strain, no headache, no tiredness. Weird. sidenote: I forgot my glasses a few weeks ago and had to go home to get them within an hour. Again, no clue if this has to do with food... but, am writing it as a highlight anyway because it was.
    Need to Improve: Nothing today.
    Notes: Noticing I don't get hungry for a looooong time as long as I drink adequate water.

5:40 awake
    7:30 - 6 deviled eggs (mayo w/olive oil) and 2 oz Turkey burger fried in clarified butter.
    10:30 - 15 minute walk
    12:30 - 30 minute walk
    2:45 - 15 minute walk
    7:30ish - 6 deviled eggs (I can't believe I ate 6 six more!) 6-8 oz grass-fed NY Strip, salad

Water 2 1/2 liters so far.
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Yes, Sugarbear88, I am definitely turning into Primal Woman!! I've left out that I had a huge hunk of fat on that NY Strip that I just chewed on and let melt in my mouth. Mmmm... Mmmm... Mmmmm... I feel like I should be embarrassed about that, and I am a little (which is why I didn't post it earlier)... but, I'll get over it soon enough I'm sure.

Day Nine: Daily success score out of 10: 3 -->oops!
    Energy Levels: 6-7 out of 10
    Hunger Level between meals: 3 for the most part, but then definitely shot up to a 9 about 2 hours before I actually did eat.
    Satisfaction Level with meals: 6
    Struggles: Not too satisfied with when I ate or what I ate.
    Highlights: In my crazy-brained, food-deprived hunger state, I managed to opt for water instead of soda.... and boy did I want that soda!!! I gave myself a success point for this, otherwise I'd have given myself a 2 for the day.
    Need to Improve: Make sure to eat when I am actually hunger and not put it off too long. I do this based on my work vs home schedule instead of how my body wants it to be. Make sure all the meat in the house is not frozen, it helps me justify going out to eat.
    Notes: Turkey burgers and chicken parts (even when fried in fat) don't satisfy me nearly as much as other meats. I get hungry much faster and I'm not as energetic, nor as giddy.... Conclusion, eat fattier meats... I think I'll give hamburger a try. I opted out of it because for years I've believed it would bulk me up and that it was a bad food for women with PCOS (aka hormonal imbalance).... but, so much I've believed before is BS, I'll have to test it myself.

Last night: Slept like crap, tossed and turned, difficult time falling and staying asleep.
    6:00- Awake, not at all hungry... took some vitamins
    10:30- A little bit hungry, I wanted to wait to eat but was worried I'd be hungry too late tonight. So, I ate: 2 oz Turkey Burger (fried in clarified butter), 2 oz. chicken gizzards/hearts (fried in coconut oil), salad. It wasn't what I wanted, and I didn't feel very well eating it, slight digestive upset.
    4:30-6:15- increasing hunger
    6:30 - Panda Express (they're Paleo, right? ;-D) - I had some Beef & Broccoli, Orange Chicken, Chow Mein, 2 Chicken Potstickers, and 1 Cream Cheese Wonton. I feel better.
    7:40 - Fat-burning fudge (coconut oil, honey, and cocoa) --- since I was already off-track... I think this might be PMS, now that I think about it... anyway, more evidence leading to a possible coconut allergy (throat clearing and heart rate went up noticeably -- unless it was from the honey, I haven't had any sugar for awhile)

I'm really not going to beat myself up about it. This is a lifestyle plan and I'm going to eat out sometimes. I was planning to do a perfect 21 days, but 'I' happen... ya know? lol I'll probably do this again tomorrow since I only ate half my food and I don't like to waste money and food. I expect a slight setback this week, but I'm not concerned... at least not yet.

Water 2 liters so far, probably another 1/2 liter tonight.
    Last edited by Brenda_D; 04-30-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Embarrassed?! That just adds to your allure! Is it hot in here or just you. (I apologize for that, no one should have to endure that old line, Sugarbare will skulk back to the corner.) I am glad you are enjoying your way of eating, keep on grokking P Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda_D View Post
    Yes, Sugarbear88, I am definitely turning into Primal Woman!! I've left out that I had a huge hunk of fat on that NY Strip that I just chewed on and let melt in my mouth. Mmmm... Mmmm... Mmmmm... I feel like I should be embarrassed about that, and I am a little (which is why I didn't post it earlier)... but, I'll get over it soon enough I'm sure.
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Day Ten:
    Success Grade: A
    Energy Level: 6-7
    Hunger Level: 3-5
    Meal Satisfaction: 6
    Struggles: No struggles
    Highlights: Had a really great time walking today, felt strong and moved fast...well, fast for a short-legged lady.
    Need to Improve: Nothing
    Notes: Do not like the smell or taste of grass-fed hamburger. Will be switching to just 'no added hormones/antibiotics' instead. Will be switching to that on my steaks too. ... maybe I'm only allergic to bacon on Wednesdays...

Last night: Slept well
    6:00- Awake, a little hungry, ate 2 turkey burgers
    10:30 - 15-min. walk
    12:30- A little hungry, ate a turkey burger and chicken gizzards/hearts. Tried to eat some salad, but didn't want it.
    3:15 - 15-min. walk
    *ran up stairs a few times today
    work: 10 hrs
    7:00 Two 2-oz hamburgers wrapped in lettuce with 5 bacon slices, 2 tomato slices, some mustard to cover up the horrid taste of grass-fed hamburger.

Water: 3 liters at least
    Last edited by Brenda_D; 05-01-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: adjusted notes and last meal

Boring Grocery List:
    Bacon (no hormones/antibiotics) 1 pkg: $4.59
    Grass-fed Ribeye (1 lb@$14.99/lb): $14.99
    Eggs (no hormones/antibiotics) 12 ct: $2.49
    Green Leaf Lettuce: $2.98
    Mushrooms: $1.89
    Total Mid-week Groceries: $26.94
    Total Sunday Groceries from Previous Post: $58.22
    Total Grocery for week Two: $85.16

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Brenda, looks like you are off to a great start. I love all the pre-planning before taking the plunge. We have a few things in common. I also have PCOS and have struggled with IBS-D for years and years. I've been primal for almost three years now. For me, primal has really helped with blood sugar issues, but my gut healing has taken longer. I recently went through a bunch of testing to get to the root of my issues. I found that I am extremely sensitive to gluten. There are no more occasional pieces of sourdough for me. Because of how torn up my gut is I was not absorbing fat properly. I also had an H Pylori infection. Just finished antibiotic treatment and I'm now rebuilding my gut flora with probiotics and acacia powder for the prebiotic. ( acacia powder is supposed to be very beneficial for IBS) I am feeling better in my tummy like never before! No more diarrhea, sulfur gas, bloating.... It's been amazing. I think I've read that PCOS and IBS are common together. I think for myself it has gone this way: gluten intolerance (but unknown so living on processed food all my life) led to leaky gut which led to hormonal imbalance and IBS symptoms..... I am hoping that as I heal my gut, more healing and balance will follow. I wish you much success in your journey. I have a new journal that I started up today if you are interested.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for stopping by Momto3, I really want to respond to you. I happen to feel a bit wretched today, so I'll comment tomorrow evening.

Not too in-the-mood for posting right now. But here goes for day Eleven.
    Success Grade: C maybe it should be a D...
    Energy: 5
    Hunger: 0
    Satisfaction: 5
    Highlights: Not working OT today and lying down (which I'm just about to do).
    Notes:

Slept well
    6:00 - 2 Deviled Eggs, 2 slices bacon (no reaction this time)
    12:30 - Panda Express left-overs (chow-mein, beef w/broccoli, orange chicken)
    Not sure what I'm doing food-wise this evening.

Water 2 liters so far.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast