Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasal irrigation with baby shampoo page 2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Somehow in my mind neti pots rank right up there with enemas in terms of that's just not the direction it's meant to go.
    but when i have a bad sinus headache from breathing in dust or pollen, washing it all out with a neti pot makes it go away

don't knock it til you've tried it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    but when i have a bad sinus headache from breathing in dust or pollen, washing it all out with a neti pot makes it go away

don't knock it til you've tried it
    So true. My neti pot is one of my best buds when I have a cold or sinus infection. The solution packets are just salt and baking soda (which, from what I understand, is to soften the water). It's very soothing and so helpful. Before discovering the neti pot, I'd used Ocean nasal spray (or its generic equivalent), but now I find those types of spray irritating and ineffective to boot.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Neti pot with saline/baking soda + Sinus Buster Amazon.com: Sinus Buster Classic Formula by Sinus Buster - .68 Ounces: Health & Personal Care

Yeah, people think I'm crazy but I LOVE that stuff. Sinus spray with hot pepper extract in it... BOOM!
    Feels good!
    I think I have the allergy formula right now...
    BUT, they have a new formula out with pepper AND horseradish... even hotter?
    Even more sinus clearing?
    I'll have to try it.

It's strangely addictive. Seriously.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

i wonder if i'll get the same effect by eating hot wings while washing my sinuses out *hmmmmm face*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Depends... do you eat "hot wings" or HOT wings.

Lots of places I've had hot wings at I can barely even taste the "hot".
    It gives me a sad.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The detergent breaks up the biofilm. The bacteria are protected from your immune system by a biofilm similar to how plaque forms on your teeth. They say that xylitol also works. That xylitol works is why dentists recommend chewing sugarless gum. You can get a xylitol nasal spray called Xlear if you prefer something like that. I did not want to go out and search for this product so I went the detergent route and was surprised that it wasn't weird, didn't hurt and actually worked. It's not like I squirted hard way up in there. Just very gently.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Whatever works, I guess. Still, detergent up your nose? <Shudder>

And Cori, for the ultimate sinus clean out without any irrigation needed, try some wasabi straight off a spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Whatever works, I guess. Still, detergent up your nose? <Shudder>

And Cori, for the ultimate sinus clean out without any irrigation needed, try some wasabi straight off a spoon.
    I know... if they come up with a Sinus Buster formula with wasabi in it I'll be there too!
    *shivers*

It is strangely addictive though... those endorphins! WHOO!!!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

i can't lie, i let water run over a bar of homemade soap and into my neti pot after reading the OP

never again. that sht hurt
    beautiful
    yeah you are

i can't lie, i let water run over a bar of homemade soap and into my neti pot after reading the OP

never again. that sht hurt
    There is a difference between detergent, which is in baby shampoo and other such things, and SOAP.
    Oops.

And yes... ouch!
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-18-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast