Thread: 3 weeks on paleo....just had wheat page

Lynx33 is offline Member

3 weeks on paleo....just had wheat

So im 3 weeks eating paleo. I started this to see if i had a gluten sensitivty because of the brain fog i was getting and always being hungry after meals. The brain fog didnt get better and I realized that it may be caused from sleep apnea ( i was diagnosed with sleep apnea a while ago and just recently started cpap treatment). But today i decided to do a test, i had a whole wheat bun with my burger. 15 mins later my throat started to get tight and I got asthma.(i havent had any asthma in the past 3 weeks at all except one night after eating chicken wings that i later found out were breaded). So it seems I may infact have a sensitiy to wheat. Looks like i'll be sticking with paleo from now on.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It certainly looks that way.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Dropping wheat is easily the single best thing I ever did for my health. Hands down. No contest.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    What else was in the wheat bun? I'd question those ingredients too. Soy, xanthan gums, hydrogenated oils, whey protein, etc.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a wheat allergy to me (coming from someone with a wheat allergy )
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    What else was in the wheat bun? I'd question those ingredients too. Soy, xanthan gums, hydrogenated oils, whey protein, etc.
    I used to wonder this too, but in daily practice there is no unrefined/untampered form of wheat to eat so I'm happy to consider its presence a signifier for "don't eat this".

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Sounds like a wheat allergy to me (coming from someone with a wheat allergy )
    It is not unknown to be allergic and intolerant to the same things.