Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What supplements do you take? (multivitimins/protein powder/fish oil ect...) page

PrimalDave is offline Junior Member

What supplements do you take? (multivitimins/protein powder/fish oil ect...)

Primal Fuel
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I can't seem to see such a topic.

The question is simple; what supplements, if any, do you take?

By supplements I mean anything that isn't a 'natural' food, be it a multivitimin or omega 3 oils or even things like protein powders.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering whether to start supplementing my diet; I'm very aware that it's no substitute for a good diet, and I could have sworn that I've seen some articles citing research that suggested that multivitims were bad for you!

Also, this may be a silly question, but if you take a multivitimin say once a day, which is loaded with vitimins, for how much of the day do you get the 'effect' of these vitimins? It just seems a bit silly to pop one pill a day with a massive loading of vitimins, would it not make more sense to take supplements say 4 times a day, one with each meal, which over the course of the day help you get your required vitimins/minerals/antioxidents? Or does that not make any sense at all??

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Hi: you're probably going to see a *wide* variety of answers to your question! Did you see this article on the blog? It's a great place to start for the "official" PB take on supplements:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...pplementation/

For myself, I take the Primal Nutrition Damage Control Master Formula (half first meal of the day, the other half at my second meal...) & Vital Omegas (not cheap for both normally, but considering what's included, it's a decent deal IMO -- plus since I get the Damage Control on autoship, the Vital Omegas are included free and there's no shipping charge). I'll occasionally drink whey powder (there are a few really "clean" powders out there but I had to hunt for them) with coconut milk and a little almond butter if the day is just crazy and I'm running low on protein; I've also been trying out some BCAA before weight sessions a couple of times a week, which does seem to help working out fasted.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I take a multivitamin, ~4000 iu of vitamin D, 50 mg of zinc, and 4-8 g of wild salmon oil

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I take an 03 supplement (flax because I'm allergic to fish - I recall Mark saying that if the fish oil is refined it should not be a problem but still I don't want to risk it) daily and magnesium a few times a week. I take protein powder maybe once a month out of convenience.

chase is offline Junior Member
    My multi is orange triad, by Controlled Labs
    I also take CLA by Primaforce, Sesamin and EFA's by Scivation

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Blue Ice Fermented Cod live oil/High vitamin butter oil 2 capsules/day.
    Fish oil: 2 capsules/day.

omajoe is offline Member
    Every morning I take a multivitamin and a fish oil pill (684 mg O3). At lunch I usually take another fish oil. A few times a week (and daily during the winter months) I also take a Cal-Mag-Zinc-D3 supplement.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    what brand zinc supplements d you guys take

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    I take 4000 mg of fish oil, 6000 iu of Vit D3 and 3000 mg of Vit K2 everyday.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A multivitamin, 2 cod liver oil pills, and 2000 iu of vit d with my first real meal. When summer really gets here and I can consistently exercise shirtless outdoors, I'll stop the vit d. I just want to take a moderate amount of supplements daily all at once, instead of worrying about it twice a day. If I forget, it's no biggie.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast