Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What supplements do you take? (multivitimins/protein powder/fish oil ect...) page 3

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    fish oil with breakfast and dinner
    probiotic with breakfast

thats about it.
    if i feel like i havent been eating many veggies ill eat a multivitamin too.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I take 198mg of potassium citrate, 200mg of chelated magnesium, 100mg of CoQ10, 200mcg of chromium picolinate, a men's multivitamin, and a B-complex every night. As a result: no muscular cramps, no muscle twitches, better blood sugar control, better sleep, and more alertness. It's worth it to me.
    Last edited by Griff; 05-15-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: error in measurement of one supplement
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    what is the CoQ10 and chromiu picolinate?

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    I take 2 fish oil capsules and 5,000-6,000 IU of Vitamin D every day.
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Grol is offline Senior Member
    5000 IU D3 (anyone find the big doses cheaper than the smaller ones?)
    2-4000 mg Omega 3
    Probably adding a Cal Mag Zinc dose, but haven't yet.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    what is the CoQ10 and chromiu picolinate?
    The Eades recommend them: Coenzyme Q10 is a powerhouse that most people don't produce enough of, and chromium picolinate has been shown to lower blood sugar.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I think 1200mg is the general recommendation but this looks like more of the same thick-headed and stubborn tripe that government health guidelines spew.
    Stabby, you're absolutely right.

It's standard to be vitamin D deficient (virtually everyone is unless supplementing because they don't get sun at the intensity needed for D production). Because it's standard to be D deficient - and K deficient, it's standard to need incredible amounts of calcium to overcome the poor absorption and poor assimilation of calcium

Vitamin D and K replete individuals likely need signficantly less calcium though no one knows how much that is. Cannell indicates that Bruce Hollis might have the best idea because of his area of research w/in the D field, but I can't find anything specific and he's not yet saying.

From food and supplements combined I'd been getting an intake of 1000 mg calcium and magnesium. I think I'm cutting back the calcium as I have more muscle tension than I should. I'm going for 600 mg from all sources.

Best,
    Katherine

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    When you guys talk about the fish oil you're taking are you referring to the amount of DHA and EPA or what the bottle says is "fish oil"? What exactly is the rest after the EPA and DHA? Is it beneficial at all or pretty much just a filler with only DHA/EPA amounts mattering? I've always been confused by that.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Stabby, you're absolutely right.

It's standard to be vitamin D deficient (virtually everyone is unless supplementing because they don't get sun at the intensity needed for D production). Because it's standard to be D deficient - and K deficient, it's standard to need incredible amounts of calcium to overcome the poor absorption and poor assimilation of calcium

Vitamin D and K replete individuals likely need signficantly less calcium though no one knows how much that is. Cannell indicates that Bruce Hollis might have the best idea because of his area of research w/in the D field, but I can't find anything specific and he's not yet saying.

From food and supplements combined I'd been getting an intake of 1000 mg calcium and magnesium. I think I'm cutting back the calcium as I have more muscle tension than I should. I'm going for 600 mg from all sources.

Best,
    Katherine
    Sounds good to me. That seems to be the average intake in eastern Asia and they do perfectly fine. A little bit of fermented tempeh, soil that isn't bare of magnesium, and working the fields in the sun all day and no wonder less calcium is more over there.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

dsantana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am working on getting off HBP meds so I am trying a combo of omega 3, co q-10, garlic oil and folic acid. in theory they are supposed to help with cell regeneration and blood flow. so far I have noticed an overall reduction, but not enough to come off my meds completely.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast