Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating all day, still a little weak / lethargic. page

biko is offline Senior Member

Eating all day, still a little weak / lethargic.

Shop Now
    Hello all,

Question...
    I just recently went (like 90% or so) primal, I stopped eating wheat a while back already.
    I feel like I'm eating / snackin' all day, 4 to 6 times, but still I am not really satisfied like I used to after a meal, a little like I'm missing something? In between meals I get a little weak, tired and lethargic, this makes me want to grab some chocolate.

Today, so far, I had, breakfast / lunch:
    3 cups of spinach, avocado, celery, orange, banana smoothie.
    3 egg omelet with some leftover chicken filet in tomato sauce and olive oil.
    1 piece of banana / almond meal / coconut cream bread / cake.
    couple cups of green tea, couple small bottles of water.

Diner will be some more chicken filet, some bacon and various veggies, some raw, some stir fried in coconut cream and the rest of the smoothie, like 1,5 cup. Probably will have some red wine in the evening and some almonds.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You need more protein, especially for breakfast. Get rid of the smoothie if you want to feel fuller.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    My thought is you need more fat. Ditch the banana and orange in your smoothie...or cut the amounts if you need the sweetness to make it palatable.
    What kind of liq is in your smoothie? Try coconut, it has great fats that will help keep you satiated.

To your omelet add cheese and Avo.

Maybe you should also sub out the cake for something without sugar that contains protein and fat.
    It sounds like your body is having some sugar withdrawals... Pushing you to want to eat more because you have lots of opportunist bacteria in your gut that feed off of sugar foods.

Thanks guys.
    Will try and up the good fats and protein.

I'll get some cottage cheese and extra avocado to add to my omelets.
    The smoothie I'd like to keep cause it really helps my IBS, I'll add coconut cream to it, see how that goes.

The cake doesn't have any added sugar, just the banana's. It has coconut cream, almond meal, chia seeds, bananas, eggs and some walnuts.
    Should be ok for a snack right?

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Yes, eliminate the insulin spiking smoothie. Go for a couple of extra eggs, and cheese if you do diary. Get your breakfast to 3-500 calories..with very little sugar. I love fruit and eat fruit, but not as a major part of any meal..more of a small component. Sorry, no baked goods...no matter how primal. Cake is for birthday parties, not a part of daily or even weekly life. If you truly need snacks after dumping the sugar, try some good quality lunch meat with cheese or a small salad with olive oil, or nuts if you can at just a handful. Also, make sure you are not mistaking being tired with hunger. I used to eat a big breakfast and 2 hours later be hungry, even though I was probably too full after I ate. Then I remembered, I woke up 2 hours early for whatever reason, started realizing tired and hungry are very similar sensations for me. Finally, while it isn't necessary to force ourself to drink water..thirsty can feel like hungry.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Maybe I wasn't clear but the smoothie has ALL the ingredients I listed mixed, I didn't have 3 cups of JUST banana smoothie lol. Ratio: 50% raw greens 50% fruit.
    Last edited by biko; 04-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy, however, still a lot of sugar. Especially, the first few weeks, getting sugar (regardless of naturalness) out of your system will help you adjust faster..I promise. Get your veggie, meat and eggs on...then as you adjust add in berries, or sweeter fruits if exercising a lot. If you just can't stomach another veggie, then berries in cream will make anyone happy.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Thanks, I will skip the fruits for now!

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    What makes me feel the absolute best is waiting till around noon for my first meal. I'm doing ~8-16 Intermittent fasting routine. I feel energetic all morning and it totally eliminated the mid-afternoon sleepy feeling. I've never been hungry first thing in the morning anyway, so it made sense for me to try. If I do force myself to eat something in the morning, I get hungrier sooner and then I find myself looking for the George Costanza Desk soon after lunch.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Yeah, I tried not or eating just veggies and fruit till noon before, felt good but with me it varies a lot, sometimes I'm not hungry at all and sometimes I really need to eat first thing.
    lol, saw that episode last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast