Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discrepancy in what makes me feel good and what I like to eat page 2

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFinder View Post
    Whoever said fruit was bad for you should be horsewhipped.
    That would be my mother. LOL.

All good stuff, thanks for responses, I'm glad I posted this. I think I need to get over my fear of carbs making me gain weight, or preventing loss hmm? And have good meat alternatives on hand when meat isn't cutting it.
    There is certainly a time and place for carbs, but if VLC is your goal you may want to try increasing fat before increasing carbs significantly. Fear of carbs can be a problem in the Primal world, but the old fashioned CW fear of fat is much more detrimental. Fat (good fats) is very good for you.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is good for you. The problem is that today's fruit has been engineered to be sweeter and bigger than typical fruit meaning you get more sugar and fructose than you normally would. So there's an argument on both sides.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFinder View Post
    I am wondering if anyone feels this way, and why perhaps it can be difficult to maintain a low carb, high animal protein diet.
    When I eat low carb, (little/no fruit, dairy, nuts, just veg and meat and eggs), after a few days, the thought of animal products make me ill, and the taste is totally unappealing.
    This is ONE reason why this type of "diet" works...you lose your appetite and eat less by default.

What I WANT to eat looks more like- lots of fruit, nut butters, and rice, oats (duck for cover). I am scared to eat this way, as it is not optimal for health and don't carbs make us fat???? (I'm trying to lean out some, hence the attempts at LC)
    What you WANT is a CRAVING. And it doesn't look like you're craving anything horrible. Oats make me bloat, but I eat them occasionally topped with nuts, honey, butter and cream. As for WHY you're craving these foods...that's for you to explore. But eating them won't harm you.

So, anyway, wondering if anyone else feels this way and how you handle it. Where is the line between enjoying our food and eating what we "should"?[/QUOTE]

I happen to like meat, fat, eggs, salad. I also like yogurt, fruit, nuts and rice. I'm not afraid of them. I also refuse to eat VLC deliberately in order to force my body to do something. If I happen to eat VLC, its because that's what my body wanted that day.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    There is certainly a time and place for carbs, but if VLC is your goal you may want to try increasing fat before increasing carbs significantly. Fear of carbs can be a problem in the Primal world, but the old fashioned CW fear of fat is much more detrimental. Fat (good fats) is very good for you.
    I'm definitely not eating too little fat. I'm at like 70%fat every day, at somewhere around 1600 cal. And it's good fat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    Many women don't tolerate VLC (under 50g of carbs a day) as well as men do. You may want to experiment with the 50-100 range. Eat the veggies first, then the protein.

Did you have any previous sugar addiction or dependency by any chance?
    No, no sugar addictions or dependency that I am aware of.
    Why don't women often tolerate VLC? And how does that manifest? Are my aversions to meat common? Or is it more difficult loosing? Or feeling poorly? Like I mentioned initially, I actually feel quite good VLC, I just can't seem to maintain for more than a few days.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Can't do daily animal protein / fat either, just a couple of days in a row. After two to three days of meat there's this aversion and I stay off it for a couple of days.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How many grams of protein a day are you eating?

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    How many grams of protein a day are you eating?
    Between 70-90g most days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12