Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IF fasting ready set go! page 6

Dickson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another method that should be considered is the Warrior Diet (by Ori Hofmekler). Most people think it is a 20 hour fast with a 4 hour eating window, but most people also don't read the book. It's essentially a lifestyle where you undereat during the day, and then feast at night. The undereating phase is for detoxing and just staying light-- I eat usually raw vegan during the daytime but you can add plain kefir/greek yogurt if you like.

I see JUDDD and Fast-5 and think people really are missing out on a great strategy. Don't become a slave to calorie counting or watching the clock, just eat light until you are ready for your big cooked meal (followed by a nap). It may be after 18 hours or 22 hours of undereating, but it:
    A) Keeps you honest on paleo
    B) Allows you to satisfy your primal need of eating till your body is truly full.
    C) Saves you money by being efficient.

I've had a cup of coffee with coconut oil, a pound of broccoli, a handful of almonds, and a gallon of water since 10pm last night. About to go home and cook up 6 eggs and a pound of grassfed beef. I'll finish it off with some wild rice to get my calories up. Around $10 for a day of paleo feeding to fuel my growing body.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Another method that should be considered is the Warrior Diet (by Ori Hofmekler). Most people think it is a 20 hour fast with a 4 hour eating window, but most people also don't read the book. It's essentially a lifestyle where you undereat during the day, and then feast at night. The undereating phase is for detoxing and just staying light-- I eat usually raw vegan during the daytime but you can add plain kefir/greek yogurt if you like.

I see JUDDD and Fast-5 and think people really are missing out on a great strategy. Don't become a slave to calorie counting or watching the clock, just eat light until you are ready for your big cooked meal (followed by a nap). It may be after 18 hours or 22 hours of undereating, but it:
    A) Keeps you honest on paleo
    B) Allows you to satisfy your primal need of eating till your body is truly full.
    C) Saves you money by being efficient.

I've had a cup of coffee with coconut oil, a pound of broccoli, a handful of almonds, and a gallon of water since 10pm last night. About to go home and cook up 6 eggs and a pound of grassfed beef. I'll finish it off with some wild rice to get my calories up. Around $10 for a day of paleo feeding to fuel my growing body.
    The potential problem with this is that someone who does not have a healthy relationship with food and is not in tune with their body, is going to have a hard time eating when they are truly hungry and stopping when satisfied. Structure in the form of calorie counting etc can be a great tool especially in the beginning of weight loss. Now that I've done JUDDD/5:2 for six months I have a totally different relationship with food and can tell tbe difference between real hunger and habitual eating for the sake of the habit (an example-I used to have the habit of eating whenever I read and since I read around 300 books a year, that habit was a big issue for me!). Now that I've broken bad habits, am in tune with my body and have a new understanding of food, I can do something more laid back for maintenance, with fewer checks and balances-a more intuitive way of eating. But I had to go through a process to get to this point
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-23-2013 at 05:57 AM.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I am really enjoying this approach to eating. After one month I am finding the fast days a LOT easier - they just feel normal now, whereas initially I was very lethargic and irritable. It actually feels kinda good to fast after an UD, just like eating after a DD also feels awesome! I started on 5:2, but shifting to 4:3 this week, as I do like to eat a bit more on UD, and I think the ratio of high calories to low calories day to day is important - and a 4:3 more closely approximates ADF, without the hassle of changing fast days each week. Also last week I only did two fast days, and frankly the 4 day wait till the first fast this week was too long!
    It's nice to be able to eat more than 1300 calories on the UD, as for the first time in a long time I can eat enough to feel satisfied.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    WHAT!? Today was my first weigh in.... and I gained a pound!! was 164.4, not 165.4
    I really don't understand why. I was convinced I lost at least 3 pounds...

I'm so disappointed.

I'm window eating from 11-4
    usually it's a almond flour muffin or tbls of almond butter, banana, burger no bun, slice of cheddar, salad with lots of veggies.
    I'm usually around 1200 calories. Sometimes i'll have chicken and a yam. yesterday I ate a alomodflour muffin, scallops w mushrooms and artichoke.

before you all say ditch the almond muffin... shouldn't that not matter? I'm eating low calories! no sugar no grains. what is wrong with me!?

maybe I should stop fasting..... I don't want to gain weight.. or gain back a lot of weight if i continue and stop later on.

arg!

I wish it was working for me!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-24-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, lol. Get rid of the nuts, fruit and flour and replace it with meat. :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456