Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: IF fasting ready set go! page 5

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow GO YOU! I can't wait to loose 26lbs! well it obviously working! congrats.

I can't wait to shed that!

that link takes you right to the exact page... just scroll down and you will see the calculator for your numbers

blondie0216 is offline Junior Member
    I just did it. Thank you Yoga.. It's a great feeling.. especially since before going to primal blueprint.. it took me 7 months to lose 20 lbs.. and just under 3 months i have lost 26. Primal is awesome!!

I have a Question: If I'm going Window eating on IF... do I do it 7 days a week? Yesterday I went hiking to Hot Spring didn't leave till I was "out of my window" I had to eat I was starving...

so, Window eating 7 days a week? is JUDDD 7 days week?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    JUDDD is alternating days of "fasting", where one day you eat 500 calories and the next you eat normally. They are called up days (normal) and down days ("fasting"). There really isn't a window on this unless you want it that way. I try to spread my 500 calories out a bit, but some find it easier to just fast through the beginning part of the day and eat one larger 500 calorie meal at the end. The normal day is just a normal day...no fasting window. There is a calculator on the JUDDD website to figure out some ballpark figures depending on your goals.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    JUDDD is alternating days of "fasting", where one day you eat 500 calories and the next you eat normally. They are called up days (normal) and down days ("fasting"). There really isn't a window on this unless you want it that way. I try to spread my 500 calories out a bit, but some find it easier to just fast through the beginning part of the day and eat one larger 500 calorie meal at the end. The normal day is just a normal day...no fasting window. There is a calculator on the JUDDD website to figure out some ballpark figures depending on your goals.
    The calculator on Johnson's website is a great tool-everyone starts at 500 calorie dds but after two weeks you use the calculator to figure out how many calories you need, typically ranging in the 350-450 calorie range for dds. Now Mosley's 5:2 plan, which is a more relaxed version of JUDDD, keeps dd calories at 500 for women and 600 for men, with no adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Oops... maybe I wasn't making sense... yes, I know that JUDDD is alternate days on fasting. I am currently going an IF of "window eating" I was just curious about both options of "fasting" as to if you do it for all 7 days.
    they are separate questions...

Is window eating (IF) all 7 days..?

out of curiosity, because I'm looking at JUDDD if that is also all 7 days...

thanks

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Okay, sorry, I guess I still don't understand the JUDDD question...the fast is every other day forever.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Yes, an eating window is an every day thing. Couple books you may be interested in-The Fast 5 Diet, which is a free ebook and is about the 5 hour window, and The 8 Hour Diet, which was written by one of the guys over at Men's Health magazine and is about the 8 hour window.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Yes, an eating window is an every day thing. Couple books you may be interested in-The Fast 5 Diet, which is a free ebook and is about the 5 hour window, and The 8 Hour Diet, which was written by one of the guys over at Men's Health magazine and is about the 8 hour window.
    thats just what I need. thank you!

PrimalCon New York
    252dip and Mom23,

Thank you! yes! that's what I needed to know! thx

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast