Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IF fasting ready set go! page 3

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yoga11 I think you are overthinking this.

Just skip a meal now and then. Or just have a day where you don't eat all day until dinner or you don't eat all day after breakfast. Or just try pushing your breakfast an hour forward every day until you are eating all your day's meals between 2pm and 7pm or something like that. Then eat until you are satisfied. If it takes 1500 calories to be satisfied, then that's what it takes. If it takes only 700, fine. It doesn't have to be regimented or planned out or anything unless having a schedule is helpful to you.
    yaaaa I think you are right....

thanks

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Is the Feasting the day of IF? is that a different thing?
    The way I feast is by adding in the skipped meal and also having dessert as well on top. So no, I'm not IF'ing on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    How long is too long on IF?
    it wont cause me to gain when i go back to regular eating?
    Why would you go back? I find it way more convenient to not have to plan a lunch, and I'm secretly amused when my co-workers are unable to power through a knotty problem simply because they have to down tools and have lunch in the middle of the day.

last question: Is it better to do 4 days of the week or just everyday till I am where I want to be?
    I found IF on weekdays to work for me.

Of course, it depends on what you mean by IF. When I was eating just one mega-meal in the evenings, I suffered from poor circulation and mild depression (as well as struggling to physically eat enough food). So I now eat breakfast and dinner both.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 04-17-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    When I was eating just one mega-meal in the evenings, I suffered from poor circulation and mild depression (as well as struggling to physically eat enough food). So I now eat breakfast and dinner both.
    Wow, it's quite an effect you're describing here! One meal a day seems to be ideal for me and my wife. We literally binge at the end of a weekly 2 days fast (whole Monday and most of Tuesday without food), and increase caloric intake during week-ends due to social activities. Overall, no fatigue, good energy and mood. We are usually very low carb but throw in a carb refeed on very active days : sushis, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, you-name-it, with lean meats or fish - but our bodies have already reached a rather lean state after a 6 months long primal detox - not sure I would do this from the start (end of SAD dieting).

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Yoga...I'm a 5'8" 54 year old male...rest of stats will show up at bottom.

After my 19 hour fast I ate,
    6 cups salad
    4 slices of bacon,
    3 eggs
    Baked Chicken 1/4 (thight n leg)
    1/2 an avacodo
    1 Protein shake (told not to but way below cal intake)

What it ended up was, I ate 1301 cals for the day. But...I burnt off an extra 1041 with exercise, so I was in a deficit of 1,060 cals for the day. Now.....according to CW I should be losing a lb around every 3 1/2 days. But I'm not lately.

I posted and got some good feed back here about my stalling, you may want to ck it out. Great link to dilberryhounddog's success
    Last edited by ez2cy; 04-18-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I lost around 40 lbs on ADF, a form of IF, and now maintain effortlessley with a more laid back variation, the 5:2 plan. I did'nt do eating windows with it, instead I IF'd by days (every other day restricted calories and the other days ate normally). IF is amazing

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Yoga...I'm a 5'8" 54 year old male...rest of stats will show up at bottom.

After my 19 hour fast I ate,
    6 cups salad
    4 slices of bacon,
    3 eggs
    Baked Chicken 1/4 (thight n leg)
    1/2 an avacodo
    1 Protein shake (told not to but way below cal intake)

What it ended up was, I ate 1301 cals for the day. But...I burnt off an extra 1041 with exercise, so I was in a deficit of 1,060 cals for the day. Now.....according to CW I should be losing a lb around every 3 1/2 days. But I'm not lately.

I posted and got some good feed back here about my stalling, you may want to ck it out. Great link to dilberryhounddog's success
    So you did this once, and you consider that a failure?

No...not sure where I said that?????

Said I found it hard to eat that much in one 5 hour window and not sure I like force feeding myself.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Everything I've read about IF, each different type, says it takes time to get used to it. It doesn't just happen. And even if it did, giving it two days is hardly a fair trial.

But, I'm sure you'll find what works for you.

purple579 is offline Member
    ...Anyone mind if I hijack this thread as well?

I started IF'ing about 8 months ago and slowly have worked into a routine of just eating one meal around dinnertime with a cup of coffee with CO in the morning. This comes out to a 18-28 hr fast every day, depending on how my schedule works out. It's done wonders for my time management and budget, and for the most part my energy. This past week, however, I've been feeling pretty tired and weak all the time until my meal...I read the basics of Eat, Stop, Eat and he said that 24hr fasts more than twice a week isn't good. Am I wreaking havoc on my body? I eat very low carb every day except Saturday, when I "feast". Should I be eating more carbs/more food in general during my one meal? Also, I don't know if this is relevant, but I know that females sometimes have different reactions...so if it helps, I'm a 20 y/o female, weights 4-5x week, walks everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Everything I've read about IF, each different type, says it takes time to get used to it. It doesn't just happen. And even if it did, giving it two days is hardly a fair trial.

But, I'm sure you'll find what works for you.
    Not sure where you are coming from or why?

I did not say I was done with it. No where. I said I didn't like a couple of things about it. Where you get I'm done with it, escapes me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast