Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird warming sensation in my calf. any help? page

GrokMendoza is offline Member

Exclamation Weird warming sensation in my calf. any help?

Primal Fuel
    For the past month my left calf will get warm all of a sudden throughout the day. The sensation is best describe as a gradual warming. Kind of like a seat warmer.

Although I enjoy the added super-human feature I'm kind of worried. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Does it just feel warmer to you or is it actually getting warmer to the touch?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

It's strange because it doesn't feel warm to touch, but it feels like it's warming up internally. It'll be at the most random times too I could be standing or laying down & it'll happen

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    So strange you mentioned this - I had the exact same sensation several months ago. I would be sitting my my desk, or standing in my kitchen, and suddenly . . . . an internal warming sensation would come on, only in my right calf. It wasn't uncomfortable or painful, just odd. I have no idea what caused it, but it hasn't happened in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheebie View Post
    So strange you mentioned this - I had the exact same sensation several months ago. I would be sitting my my desk, or standing in my kitchen, and suddenly . . . . an internal warming sensation would come on, only in my right calf. It wasn't uncomfortable or painful, just odd. I have no idea what caused it, but it hasn't happened in quite a while.
    Yes exactly! It doesn't feel uncomfortable, I even tried touching my calf during the occurrence but I couldn't feel the warmth through touch.

Could we be doing something similar that's causing this phenomena to happen? How often do you walk or how often are you on your feet?

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    I work FT in an office, but I'm up and down a lot, not only from my chair, but up and down stairs (our office is spread out over 4 floors, which is good. )
    I can't recall how much I was walking when I was having the 'warm calf,' ~ if it was before DST ended, I was walking about 3 miles 5-6 times a week, in addition to strength training. Once it began getting dark early, I switched to indoor, at home workouts (lots of ballet conditioning type stuff, not heavy weights).
    Not sure if this helps or not - I had forgotten all about that oddness happening until I came across your post.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like possible nerve issues to me. I hurt my back about a year ago and since then, the skin in my calf area feels kinda numb (back is fine now though). The numb area moves around depending on my position and sometimes when the sensation returns to one area it can feel warm and/or cold.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Sounds like possible nerve issues to me. I hurt my back about a year ago and since then, the skin in my calf area feels kinda numb (back is fine now though). The numb area moves around depending on my position and sometimes when the sensation returns to one area it can feel warm and/or cold.
    This is what I was thinking too. It sounds like a pinched nerve. Perhaps a chiro visit could sort it out.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I had the exact same thing a few years ago, it stopped out of nowhere and never returned. I never got it checked out and I can't recall what activities I was undertaking at the time but I've always been active one way or another. I actually doubt it would necessarily be related to any one activity (I guess the only one we can be sure we share is regular locomotion). Mine was also the right, it never worried me much.

FWIW and I don't mean to scare anyone, but I DID get a bloodclot on that same leg, but up where my knee is, but I honestly can't recall if the warming sensation predated it or not. To get that sort of thing checked out is kind of expensive, but I figure I should mention it. Again, I have no idea if there was any sort of relation. I went to the hospital thinking I had a muscle issue (I couldn't extend my leg without pain and I had a red streak going up and down my leg. I was hospitalized for 4 days but only because I refused to learn how to inject myself with blood thinners. I had check ups after that and everything was fine)

Edit: I definitely would have recalled if it happened soon before OR after, because I became hyper sensitive of any and all sensations in my body for a few months following the blood clot (since I was told I could have died... thanks healthcare professionals) so I can say with confidence that it did NOT happen 6 months/year after the blood clot. I'm now pretty sure it happened about a year before, for a few weeks, so probably no relation there either.
    Last edited by iniQuity; 04-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If:
    -it happens when you're at rest
    -you've become more active in the past month
    -and you're not sleeping as much as you like
    it could be your body rebuilding muscle. The calf muscle is becoming damaged during exercise (even walking more can cause it!). Your body usually repairs overnight (I sometimes wake up in the night, overwarm and thirsty because I did more activity but left the heating on), but can be cut short if you aren't sleeping enough/well. However, your body needs to repair. It's best solution is to wait until you're inactive and start repairing then.

If it isn't that: haven't got the foggiest.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast