Thread: Weird warming sensation in my calf. any help? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    If:
    -it happens when you're at rest
    -you've become more active in the past month
    -and you're not sleeping as much as you like
    it could be your body rebuilding muscle. The calf muscle is becoming damaged during exercise (even walking more can cause it!). Your body usually repairs overnight (I sometimes wake up in the night, overwarm and thirsty because I did more activity but left the heating on), but can be cut short if you aren't sleeping enough/well. However, your body needs to repair. It's best solution is to wait until you're inactive and start repairing then.

If it isn't that: haven't got the foggiest.
    That would make some sense if it were both legs involved but he said it is only on one side. That's what leads me to suspect something neurological like a pinched nerve.

It would be interesting to know if the OP has started any new workout activities lately.

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    If:
    -it happens when you're at rest
    -you've become more active in the past month
    -and you're not sleeping as much as you like
    it could be your body rebuilding muscle. The calf muscle is becoming damaged during exercise (even walking more can cause it!). Your body usually repairs overnight (I sometimes wake up in the night, overwarm and thirsty because I did more activity but left the heating on), but can be cut short if you aren't sleeping enough/well. However, your body needs to repair. It's best solution is to wait until you're inactive and start repairing then.

If it isn't that: haven't got the foggiest.
    Wow i think it may be all of the above. I have been a little more on my feet since I moved to LA which was a few months back. Ever since then I've been walking a lot more than what I'm use to. I've noticed it both happen while I'm at rest & while I'm standing but not so much while I'm in motion, but not so much while I'm stationary. I have also been staying up much later.

Thank you!

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I actually haven't. But I've been walking a lot more. I also notice my knees pop easier than what they use to. Too be honest I don't workout as much as i need to, but I do walk a lot more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12