Thread: Navigating Social Situations page

curlygirl is offline Senior Member

Navigating Social Situations

Primal Fuel
    Full article <here> but in short two of my biggest tips to be kind to yourself, not sabotage yourself and enjoy social situations are:

Scenario 1: They go to a bar. You don't drink. Order a seltzer water in a martini glass with a lime.

Scenario 2: They go out to eat. You want to stay paleo. You have two choices:

1. Get any meat/fish item grilled with only spices to season, no breading, no sauce. Order two vegetable sides.

2. Get a basic salad. They have them everywhere. It is one of the least expensive items you can order. Ask for oil and vinegar dressing where they bring you a bottle of oil and a bottle of vinegar. Use this for dressing. Go light on the oil.

If you know ahead of time, you can make a restaurant survival kit with items you can add to a plain salad and make it a bit more exciting.

What are your best tips for someone struggling or a paleo newbie?
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Tip 1: Don't move to a new compartment in the middle of Fast Food Alley (this is me).

Tip 2: Lay your lifestyle / dietary considerations on the line. If your bros aren't chill with it (i.e. they can't work with you to find a place everyone's good at) then you should find new bros.

M.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meversbergii View Post
    tip 1: Don't move to a new compartment in the middle of fast food alley (this is me).

Tip 2: Lay your lifestyle / dietary considerations on the line. If your bros aren't chill with it (i.e. They can't work with you to find a place everyone's good at) then you should find new bros.

M.
    bump!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing