Thread: Craving Tuna - What does this mean? page

BoldAsLove is offline Member

Craving Tuna - What does this mean?

Primal Fuel
    Strange post maybe but ... for the last 10 days I have been craving tuna like a mad woman. I've been making various primal dishes with canned tuna (checking the label for nefarious things) like 2x a day and even got a tuna steak to make with the boyfriend last night! What is my body trying to tell me?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Hard to say. It could just be that you really like tuna! Maybe your body wants protein. Or maybe you need more iodine. All seafood has some iodine, seaweed being the best source. Tuna also has a good bit of selenium in it.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I eat tuna about 5-6 times a week. Order it from vital choice if you want the best out there, pricey but so worth it.
    Craving any seafood is only a good thing. Scallops, OMG, might be my most favorite food in the world.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just eat up on tuna till you want something else. No telling why. Just go with it .

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You were a shark in a previous life.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldAsLove View Post
    Strange post maybe but ... for the last 10 days I have been craving tuna like a mad woman. What is my body trying to tell me?
    It's tell you that you're craving tuna!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Delete. Dupe.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the iodine and/or selenium deficiency hypothesis. Easily remedied by the keep eating tuna until you're sick of it suggestion. It's not that expensive to get decent canned tuna.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    I read recently that a lack of interest in red meat and a preference for seafood is sometimes experienced by those who are seriously B12 deficient.

Now, I am not saying that just because you feel like a bit of fish, or get a bit tired of having steak every night, that you are B12 deficient. It doesn't work that way. But amongst the cohort of people who discover a B12 deficiency, you will find reports of those who lost interest in eating red meat, and a chorus of 'me too's'. Now, these people didn't experience a drop of B12 after they reduced their meat intake, it has always been a response to the dropping B12 levels, as exemplified by those who lose interest in meat only after they have had their deficiency diagnosed. And it most certainly is not a universal or even majority experience. And forcing them to eat meat does not cure the b12 problem.

I thought this interesting when I came across it on the b12 support sites.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's just a craving, don't read too much into it. Sometimes a craving is just that and not a sign of deficiency. If it were, my body is severely deficient in white chocolate.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."