Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toothpaste / Shampoo page 2

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    baking soda on it's own really is just about the best toothpaste available.

I use Ultra Brite fresh mint (*gasp*) a few nights a week and Now Foods Platinum mint the rest of the time:
    Water, Xylitol, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Natural Mint Flavor, Carrageenan (Chondrus crispus), Tea Tree Leaf Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Papain and Potassium Sorbate.

That's an ingredient list thats pretty hard to argue with.

For shampoo, after years of buying natural, using castille (which is crap imo) and everything expensive under the sun, I've come back to using whatever is inexpensive from the grocery or drugstore. This is one area that its just not worth it for me to spend 7x the money and get 1/2 the product. This is so minimally important compared to produce, vitamin D and high quality meat....

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I tried brushing my teeth with baking soda, and my god did it stink! Sea Salt is better.

might want to read up on issues with brushing with salt....it can dangerously raise Na+ blood levels. It's not a good idea.

K

I would think just using sea salt could really negatively affect the enamal on your teeth after extended use, but I could be wrong. I use either baking soda alone + tea tree oil + peppermint oil, or baking soda with a little peroxide, or as someone else said, just baking soda alone (but the taste of it alone makes me nearly gag.)

Shampoo - On a tight budget, I use Pantene (Awful, I know, but it does a good job, I agree with whoever said that quality food is more important). I have very very thick, long, and wavy hair, so I have to have something that doesn't cause it to tangle and make me look like a washed up sea hag! When money is better, I usually use my own concoction of non-soap (Nutribiotic brand) with Aloe and GSE, and I add to that tea tree oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil.

Conditioner - ACV mixed equally with water and then add rosemary oil to the mix and just pour it on without rinsing.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilleigh1974 View Post
    I have very very thick, long, and wavy hair,
    Me too....well, thick and long. Not wavy. Stick freaking straight. I've been perfectly happy with suave or Vo5 - whatever is cheapest per oz. I no longer need conditioner but my girls do. I second the ACV suggestion heartily.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilleigh1974 View Post
    When money is better
    When money is better: save it. Save save save. Budget. Go all Dave Ramsey;p

K

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I use Giovanni Tea tree Treat for shampoo maybe 2ce a week, the conditioner version once a week, and water the rest of the time.
    My toothpaste I still use Sensodyne, just 'cause I have cold sensitive teeth that haven't gotten better yet..

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    I brush with Tom's of Maine, whiten occassionally with a bit of baking soda & peroxide, use jojoba oil or coconut oil for moisturizer/lotion, & use Method's baby bubble bath for shampoo. The latter was actually purchased by mistake, but turned out to be exactly what my hair needed.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I use Giovanni Tea tree Treat for shampoo maybe 2ce a week, the conditioner version once a week, and water the rest of the time. ..

thats what i use,....couldnt remember the name. Giovanni... love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post

K
    It's so funny how the longer I read the forums how much a lot of us have in common. It obviously takes a certain mindset to do any of this stuff. Yes, I'm a total Dave Ramsey fan and believer!

BugMan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post

K
    This Sunday I will finish leading my 4th Class. Being debt free is very Primal. lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast