Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 9

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    I said I'd go for a run and I did 2.25 miles at 6.30am woohoo gna crash by lunchtime!

Have a cup of cof...

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    Have a cup of cof...
    Ha I had tea!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    Ha I had tea!
    You filthy hedonist!

Did you see my reply to your PM? This forum sends my pop-up block apeshit so it might not have popped up

Up 10 mins early this morn to do my usual squats press ups & planks which I've not been very reliable with, as well as some back exercises.

B - 1 boiled egg, some strawberries dipped in Greek yog - I don't know if you get Total in the US, but it feels so indulgent having that as a treat, it's so super creamy you think it can't be good for you. But I reckon if you can tolerate some dairy the 9g of protein and 5g of fat per 100g is brilliant for keeping you full a bit longer.
    S - banana, and I had a little networking meeting so I let them buy me a coffee - first one in a week! Buzzing a bit... ha. But I don't feel like I NEED coffee any more which is good.
    L - prawn & avocado salad yum
    S - a nice couple of vodka tonics after work (potentially a date...!)
    D - aubergine, mozzarella, cherry toms & chorizo
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-07-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I find supermarker own brand greek yoghurts to be the fattiest, whilst also being cheaper.
    Although not having tried Total before (or any brand in a while) i can't speak to the taste difference, i only really use yog in smoothies, so the neat taste isn't as important to me

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    I find supermarker own brand greek yoghurts to be the fattiest, whilst also being cheaper.
    Although not having tried Total before (or any brand in a while) i can't speak to the taste difference, i only really use yog in smoothies, so the neat taste isn't as important to me
    Oh really? If I look in Sainsbury's or Tesco they only ever seem to sell low/no fat options. Looking online now Sains own-brand greek yog has about 9g of fat per 100g, but only 4g of protein (lower than the carbs), and 6g of the fat is saturated.... and Tesco own-brand is less than 3g of fat!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    for me the sainsbury's 9.2g/6g (Fat/Sat fat) beats the Total's 5/3.6g and i don't eat yog for the protein just the fat and texture (in smoothies or similar really)

although it does show how quickly carb counts can reach higher levels without realising it, i would typically consume 250ml in one sitting , so that's 13.25g carbs straight away, and that would be in a smoothie with a banana and a mango.

What I like about greek yog (of any kind) is how little I need to feel full up and satisfied. Of course I appreciate you use it for smoothies, but dam 250ml, I think that would fill me up for a day!

Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    You filthy hedonist!

Did you see my reply to your PM? This forum sends my pop-up block apeshit so it might not have popped up
    Yep I did! Sorry I haven't replied yet, I'm crap at keeping up with proper messages :-s

Such a fun night with my friends for one of their birthdays. A bit hungover but coffee eggs and sun makes everything better!

Stuck to rum and ginger beer last night, which prob isn't the best drink but I say if I'm not mixing/getting acid-y from wine & fizz then all good. And I had a pitta and hummus when I got back to my friend's, which again I feel fine about, helped me sleep and I'd done enough dancing and walking there and back to make up for it

B/L - cup of tea upon waking, then a coffee, scrambled eggs with 1 sausage, 2 slices bacon, tomato, some baked beans (hmm...), and some potato things.

4 miles! Easy peasy

S - banana
    D - treat night - I got an Indian takeaway, so chicken biryani & saag paneer, a bit of naan and dairy milk chocolate... and now treat's over and back to primal living!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-08-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast