Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 8

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    Brilliant. Now I have to go South.

Why don't you come to Essex, I've made far too much dinner for just myself
    That depends - do you, or have you at any point, considered using the word 'Reem'?

;D

whatcha cooking?

Livlytique is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    That depends - do you, or have you at any point, considered using the word 'Reem'?

;D

whatcha cooking?

Dear god no. Most people don't believe that I'm an Essex girl actually, which must be a good thing. And I live in East London now anyway, I'm just back home to catch up on sleep and have my family friend physiotherapist round this morn. Someone remind me why I moved into the city when I'm spending the morning in the garden with fruit, eggs, newspaper supps and the sun?!

B - berries pineapple & yoghurt, 2 boiled eggs, too much coffee (at least it's the real stuff, need to stop drinking the instant crap in the office...!)
    S - cold roast veg
    L - grabbed a salad box from Wholefoods while I was out for a walk and a good shop - spicy coleslaw, some quinoa salad, some wild rice salad, some tomatoes and olives etc. very tasty, very expensive ha.
    S - 3 mile run in the sun followed by some foam rolling and a glass of orange juice
    D - veg stir fry with kelp noodles, big dollop of Greek yog with a dribble of honey & a frozen banana :-p
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    Dear god no. Most people don't believe that I'm an Essex girl actually, which must be a good thing. And I live in East London now anyway, I'm just back home to catch up on sleep and have my family friend physiotherapist round this morn. Someone remind me why I moved into the city when I'm spending the morning in the garden with fruit, eggs, newspaper supps and the sun?!
    Phew. In that case I'll gladly take up your kind offer. London is a strange place, for a night out it's hard to beat but I couldn't live there - both choice and the fact you need to be very rich or very poor to live there!

B - 2 slices of bacon & a fried egg, green tea - check me out, all off the pill n stuff, trying to give up coffee :-p
    S - banana, 10 almonds, green tea - man I am already starting to get a caffeine withdrawal headache argh!!!
    L - ham & avocado salad (a small one by my usual standards!), peppermint tea
    S - nectarine and another green tea!! My head huuuurts but someone please tell me if drinking 3 cups of green tea counteracts my attempt to go coffee-free?
    D - small glass of rose, burrata with aubergine, roast cod fillet with green beans, asparagus etc and a bit of puréed potato. Yum!

Ok so I also had a (very) small bag of Aero Mint Bubbles around 11pm, coming home from this literary festival I was at (how cultured of me!). Probably shouldn't have, but I'd been suffering this headache alllll day so yeah. I did have some fresh air yesterday too, and I did some squats/press ups/planks in the morn I just forgot to record it.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-04-2013 at 01:26 AM.

I haven't had a cup of coffee since last Wednesday when I had a killer migraine - I now associate the two, it's put me right off and have gone from my many years habit of 1 - 4 cups a day to nothing, drinking black tea instead. As green tea is even milder I would say no, if anything green tea will benefit you.

It's great when you create your own aversion technique isn't it! I used to drink black tea a lot, when I didn't have dairy, but I'm not sure I fancy that now the sun's shining - I've never understood when people say tea cools you down. I'll see how I go on green tea today, hopefully it'll only be one more day of headaches, and the office also stocks up on white tea which sounds nice so might give that a go too.

This morn I did 20 squats and 20 press ups, 20 triceps dips, 30 secs plank followed by plank twists (10 on each side). And then my flatmate came in the door from an early morning run, making me feel like my efforts were totally futile ha. I should be the one out running early!
    Well, at least I had a good wander in the sun at lunchtime, and I'm playing netball tonight.

B - 2 slices bacon, 1 fried egg, green tea
    S - banana, 10 almonds, fruity herbal tea - no headache yet!!
    L - ham & avocado salad, green tea
    S - blueberries & greek yoghurt - late netball match today so need something to keep me going till a 9pm dinner!
    D - apple on way home, then pork loin with spinach, courgette, capers & mustard
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-04-2013 at 01:24 PM.

I was raring to go this morning but now I get to work I'm filled with this feeling of dread that my director's going to be in a bad mood and take it out on me, like he did yesterday. It's so unfair, totally ruins your own mood for the rest of the day and makes you not want to work there! Hmm.

Anyway, in general I feel great. 3rd day off coffee and 4th day off the pill, and the sun is STILL shining this morn I did some leg raises and back 'raises' (?!), press ups and triceps dips, crunch twists.

B - 2 boiled eggs, green tea
    S - 2 small slices of bacon (someone brought breakfast into the office, I didn't eat the roll needless to say), a small fruit salad with pineapple melon & grapes, white tea (not the milky kind) - lol whoops let's make that 3 slices of bacon and two small pots of fruit salad... what can I say, there were leftovers, and it's hardly unhealthy!
    L - a nice walk in the sunshine to buy some 5-htp (my saviour) and then leftovers from last night - pork loin with courgette & spinach, and a peppermint tea
    S - a bit cheeky but I fancied a little something sweet without spending money etc and there was a can of Diet Coke... so I had half, with 8 almonds
    D - I've been looking forward to this dinner for ages! Not particularly Primal, but there's a great fish & chips place in London that does gluten-free Wednesdays, so I'm still minimising the impact of the fried goodness :-p such a cheeky treat tonight - gluten-free fish & chips with peas followed by a dark choc & coconut ice cream (clearly not gluten-free!) yum. Now I need to run tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.

I said I'd go for a run and I did 2.25 miles at 6.30am woohoo gna crash by lunchtime!

B - two boiled eggs, greek yog with blueberries & almonds, green tea (felt I needed a bit more this morn)
    S - I gave in and had a weak cup of tea with a banana - feeling quite hungry this morn, which always happens when I go for a run, though I do wonder if I'd have the same hunger if I'd just eaten my usual eggs only breakfast, I find I burn off fruit quite quickly...
    L - roast beef and avocado salad in the sunshine while I finished my book, perfect.
    S - peppermint tea, a couple of starburst (shhh) and another banana - god I am starving today
    D - aubergine baked with chorizo mozzarella and cherry tomatoes on top, then some strawberries & Greek yog later in the eve with a mint tea
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-07-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast