Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 7

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok, day 29, here we go.

The play rehearsals have totally exhausted me, can't imagine what I'm going to be like by the end of the week. Doesn't help that it's TOTM so was stuffing my face with any old crap all weekend.

BUT - I have made the decision to come off the Pill (i.e. not start the next pack after this week). I'm not in a relationship and don't foresee have sex any time soon (dammit where have all the good guys gone?!) so I'm not worried about getting pregnant. Plus it's been about 4 years and I want to know what I'm like normally, I hate being so apathetic all the time, and I wonder if my constant hunger and gradual weight gain is down to the hormones I'm pumping into my body. I am a bit scared about my acne coming back - it was the reason I went on it in the first place - but I think that cleaning my body out of synthetic hormones etc will also help me stick to a Primal diet, and that will probably improve my skin anyway. I was thinking back to 4 years ago and I remember being so much more toned and having a flatter stomach. I was also exercising a lot more, but who knows what it's down to.

B - boiled egg, blackberries raspberries & strawberries with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, plum, banana, 2 x coffees (starving and tired!)
    S - satsuma
    L - tuna salad with sundried toms
    S - 2 satsumas, cup of tea
    D - chicken veg & rice, 3 dark chocs
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Day 30

I should be happy to reach 30 days, but I know how ridiculous my counting has been. Also, I am CONSTANTLY hungry - can someone please advise??!!

In any case, the decision I've made re the Pill etc has put me in the mind to go super strict and body conscious once this week is over - the more research I'm doing about Yasmin (my particular brand of pill), the more scared I am to come off it, and I need to be nourishing my body 100% to counteract all the shit that's gonna happen! Seriously, this pill sounds like BAD NEWS. Almost every woman coming off it finds they gain massive amounts of water weight - how did I not realise my 'small bladder' might actually be down to the fact that my Pill contains a diuretic! I'm just praying my couple of years on this pill won't have the same effect as all those women who have been on it for 10 years+

Not that I'm letting myself eat any old rubbish this week, I just feel totally overwhelmed and exhausted by the play plus work plus hormones plus, plus, plus...! So my Primal focus will be renewed once I've had a reeeeally good sleep this weekend.

B - boiled egg, blueberries & blackberries with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, almonds, 2 x satsumas, coffee
    S - carrot sticks with jalapeno & red pepper hummus, cup of tea (a biscuit someone brought back from holiday woops)
    L - the hugest Israeli lunch! Salad with courgettes mint & halloumi-esque cheese, aubergine with pomegranate seeds, lamb and more salad... Stuffed. Now to avoid a sweet treat this afternoon...
    D - chicken salad, 2 satsumas
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-29-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Day 31?

I don't think I want to keep counting, might start at 1 again from Sunday when I am OFFICIALLY off the Pill!
    But I will keep journal-ing

1 min squats, 20 press ups, 20 triceps press ups, 1 min plank, 40 sec side planks

B - boiled egg, 2 satsumas, blueberries blackberries & banana with yoghurt ground flaxseed & almonds, coffee - I swear my breakfasts are getting bigger and bigger and I'm still starving by 11.30!! What can I do?!
    S - green tea, a few carrots with red pepper & jalapeno hummus
    L - my manager's bday so went to her fave thai place.... chicken & veg (in a soy oyster sauce :-s) with (white) rice... and a glass of rose....and a slice of cake
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-30-2013 at 08:08 AM.

fruit is still quite a bit of sugar, right? have you tried just having more eggs instead?

Hiya

Yep I know fruit is pretty sugary but I tend to stick to berries & bananas, and have been having satsumas recently to up my vitamin c while I'm manic with this play... usually with the yoghurt and almonds it keeps me fuller till lunchtime, I don't know what's been happening recently.

Sometimes I have two eggs and it either makes no difference or makes me feel reeeeally horribly full. Plus I already get up way before I leave the house and still only have time to make and eat 1 egg (I know that sounds ridiculous), so I don't want to have to start getting up even earlier!

I'll just have to start experimenting I reckon. I was actually thinking about cutting out dairy for a bit too so I'll have to find something else instead of yoghurt in the mornings anyway...

Ok so I bought some really thick and creamy Greek yoghurt yesterday, the one that had the most fat & protein compared to my usual yoghurt. And more eggs. I think I'm going to be buying a LOT more eggs, and I already buy a fair amount.

B - this morning I'm seeing how I do on 2 boiled eggs and less fruit with yoghurt - still had a big dollop with a few blueberries, but not the usual amount.
    S - bugger. croissants. I give up this week.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-31-2013 at 06:36 AM.

I feel like I'm constantly buying eggs too!

Good day so far, and the sun is shining!

Despite feeling rather hungover and having quite a sore throat from karaoke ha I did go out for a 3 mile run, I'm now out having a bit of a walk, and I've been super productive and put some clothes on eBay!

B - Greek yog with some blueberries blackberries & ground flaxseed, coffee
    L - banana, 2 eggs & 2 slices of bacon with salad, satsuma
    S - cashew nuts and a few bits of leftover roast veg
    D - salmon, roasted sweet potato, broccoli

I'm back home at my parents' for the night and just stepped on their scales - 10 stone 2 lbs - f***ing hell that's half a stone more than I was a couple of months back. What the???!!! Admittedly, I just ate a massive dinner, so I will see again in the morning, but I haven't been over 10 stone, ever. I feel disgusted with my eating behaviour recently this is a wake up call for sure....
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    I'm not in a relationship and don't foresee have sex any time soon (dammit where have all the good guys gone?!)
    Surrey.

(Sorry, saw a UK thread and thought I'd check it out. Good move going Primal!)

PrimalCon New York
    Brilliant. Now I have to go South.

Why don't you come to Essex, I've made far too much dinner for just myself
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast