Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 5

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 20

Yesterday achey and tired from the Moonwalk but managed to eat primal! Was a great evening, very proud of having done it a second time and now I can try to run instead!

L - salt beef with some leftover vegetable stroganoff my flatmate made, which was so disgusting I need to erase it from my mind or it makes me gag; square of 90% chocolate to take away the taste, coffee
    Snack - mocha and a banana
    D - sashimi, seaweed salad, japanese style aubergine, edamame

About an hour's walk

Day 21

Only 10 days till I will attempt a full 30 consecutive days!

20mins-ish fresh air

B - boiled egg, blackberries strawberries & banana with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    L - salt beef & avocado salad, gluten-free brownie, green tea
    S - some tuna scraped off a sandwich, some salt beef
    D - chicken thighs in a puttanesca sauce (anchovies, olives, garlic, cherry tomatoes), long stem broccoli & spinach, square of 90% chocolate
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-15-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Day 22

45 secs squats, 15 full press ups, 20 triceps press ups, 1 min plank, 30 secs side planks, and about 20 mins walk - feeling totally exhausted still from the walk and not sleeping very well my muscles are really tight too, need to find a yoga class or something because I want to get into running as soon as I can (will hopefully buy new trainers this weekend) and can hardly do that with my hamstrings as they are now!

B - boiled egg, blackberries strawberries & banana with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, two coffees (so. tired.)
    S - Nakd cocoa mint bar (dates, cashews, raisins, cocoa)
    L - tuna salad, peppermint tea, plum
    S - a bit of kinder bueno and 3 maltesers :-s naughty, I'm starving and have nothing in the office dammit, an apple
    D - chicken puttanesca, broccoli, spinach, 2 squares 90% chocolate

ooh my foam roller arrived! My quads are equally hating on and thanking me!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-16-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Day 23 - I'm counting yesterday because a little bit of chocolate didn't induce a whole binge of crap food like it usually would!

1 min squats, 15 press ups & 20 triceps ones, 1 min plank, 30 secs side planks
    Only about 10 mins fresh air because I was so busy at work feel stressed and I can't wait for this week to be over!

B - boiled egg, blueberries strawberries & banana with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    S - babybel
    L - prawn salad, banana, a few sips of coffee
    S - pineapple chunks, finished off the pack of prawns too
    D - final lot of chicken puttanesca with spinach and broccoli, a bit of flatmate's leftover couscous too
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Day 24

Uh oh I've woken up feeling a bit cold-y. No no no not this weekend! Got an amazing dinner out tonight with friends, a new restaurant in London everyone's raving about and then a flat party chez moi tomorrow! Not much paleo drinking will be happening, so will try to eat as sensibly as possible.....!

No press ups etc today because my back's hurting hmm. Need to give my body a rest I think, still knackered from the walk last week. EDIT - actually, I got home from walk and not only have ages to kill till dinner but felt bad for eating the kinder bueno, so I did a half hour workout, resistance bands for arms then planks and foam roller on the sore legs. Don't feel like I've burnt many calories recently!

B - boiled egg, banana pineapple blueberries blackberries & raspberries with a little bit of yoghurt and ground flaxseed, coffee, berocca vitamin tablet thing erghhh
    S - babybel - feel really hungry today!
    L - prawn salad
    S - cup of tea, some more berries... oh poo and there I go again with a bit of kinder bueno - clearly falling off the wagon since my walk and I need to get back on big time!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-17-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Wow. Majorly fallen off the wagon, wouldn't be surprised if I'd broken my leg from the fall. Messy weekend, although a hell of a lot of fun. So back to day 24 tomorrow. I am a bit disappointed that I'm counting days that aren't consecutive and I feel like I'm not doing this properly and I'm just going to end up getting fat. But equally I can't be hard on myself because then I'll never focus and succeed. I don't know why I'm so intent on self-sabotaging every time. Hmm. It's been absolutely fine avoiding bread, pasta, cake etc because I now realise I am gluten intolerant and I hate the way my stomach feels when I eat this stuff. The issue is chocolate or crisps, which I mainly eat when I'm stressed and need a sugar boost at work or when I haven't set out proper meals one day and end up grazing on crap to keep me going. Money is a big issue too. When it gets so close to the end of the month and I have no money left I seem to let my weekly grocery shop slip, so not only do I have to spend more on running to the shop every day but I'm not eating home cooked, healthier meals.
    How can I recognise everything I'm doing and then not put good principles into action??!!

I guess I need some points to keep in mind:
    - Mindful eating - when I want to eat crisps, chocolate etc, ask myself whether I'm actually hungry or whether it's a response to stress/boredom/emotions gone haywire; if I am actually hungry, choose to eat something that will fully satisfy me.
    - Proper meals - try to prepare as many meals as possible. I already plan for the week ahead, especially breakfast & lunch which tends to be the same every day, eggs fruit & salad; the two issues are dinnertime (find simple recipes for quick cooking) and when my money's run out (don't let weekly planning slide & this shouldn't present itself as a problem)
    - Exercise - I can't moan that I feel fat and I'm putting on weight if I'm not doing anything about it, so now I have my new trainers I need to get running - I have a half marathon in October after all, if I don't train I'm a bloody idiot!

That feels better

Day 24

Happy Monday all

1 min squats, 15 full press ups, 20 triceps press ups, 1 min plank, 45 sec side planks
    30 mins walk

B - boiled egg, blueberries strawberries & banana with greek yoghurt and ground flaxseed, coffee
    L - tuna & avocado salad, cup of tea
    S - almonds
    D - amaaaazing dinner for my dad's birthday at a fab Italian in London - olives, venison & parmesan tartare, chicory radish & truffle oil salad, fried courgette flower stuffed with mozarella, buratta, charcoal grilled pork neck, lamb chop, chard, monksbeard (fab new vegetable discovery), a couple of roast potatoes, and a wonderful bitter chocolate & pig's blood 'pate' - how's about that for a caveman discovery, even if it is a sweet treat?! oh and one glass of rose wine. yum.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Day 25

Nice grey rainy morning in London - think that's it for summer heh.

1 min squats, 15 full press ups, 20 triceps press ups, 1 min plank, 45 sec side planks - my back's a little stiff, think it's from the press ups hmm
    Game of netball, tiring today!

B - boiled egg, strawberries & banana with greek yog, almonds & ground flaxseed, coffee
    L - tuna & avocado salad, green tea
    S - babybel, banana, one dark chocolate filled with lemon & basil
    D - courgette soup, slice of beef, satsuma
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-21-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Day 26

I have a date tonight Only thing is, he's suggested a really cool little brewery & pizzeria - beer and pizza is pretty much the worst thing you could feed me! I have taken some soup into work so I can eat a bit before I meet him, and at least I won't be tempted to stuff my face in that case....

1 min squats, 1 min plank, 45 secs side planks, 20 triceps press ups, 15 on-knees press ups
    At least 30mins walking

B - satsuma boiled egg, blueberries blackberries banana with greek yog & ground flaxseed, coffee
    L - salad with roast beef slices, coffee
    S - some bacon and tuna scraped off leftover sandwiches, nectarine, baby bell, wheat free/gluten free chocolate flapjack thing
    S - woohoo date time - 1 pint of beer (yuk!), 3 glasses of rosť and some pistachios.... Tut tut on a school night
    And a packet of crisps on the way home
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-23-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Non-Day 27

This is what drinking and not eating dinner does to you - I am absolutely STARVING today!!
    Also, very very tired. And not all that sure I want to pursue anything romantic with this guy. Great day all round!
    EDIT - in a brilliant turn of events, we're having a work outing to the cinema this afternoon and I've just been given a bonus woohoo!

B - two boiled eggs, blueberries & blackberries with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    S - mozzarella tomato and pesto panini :s :s :s
    L - two satsumas, courgette soup
    S - oh Jesus chocolate binge in the cinema
    D - ham & avocado salad
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast