Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 3

Livlytique is online now Senior Member
    Day 11 again. Going out again tonight. Not so worried about the drinking but I need to make sure I eat something proper before going. Let's see!

EDIT: looks like I'm being put on a pitch at work, which includes a 24 hour challenge from 3pm today :| no going out for me... but unfortunately that probably means pizza for dinner. Will do what I can.

Breakfast - boiled egg, blueberries & half an apple with yoghurt, ground flaxseed and almonds, coffee, green tea (I have a banging headache, perhaps caffeine will cure it...)
    Rest of the day/eve - awful eating, far too much chocolate and pizza.

Intense afternoon but still a lot of fun, got to be back at work early tomorrow morning to carry on so hope I get a good sleep tonight... I WILL get back to paleo life tomorrow, there's no reason a brainstorming session has to end with fizzy drinks and carbs that give me stomach cramps. Back to 10 days' success...
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-25-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Day 11 again....not passed.
    I'll be back tomorrow. I will this isn't going to be one of those fall off the wagon for a month episodes. I want to keep the weight off, it's so clear to me now that I'd lost some!

Day 11!

I shall be drinking tonight but I shall be eating like a cave girl.

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, strawberries, half an apple & satsuma with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    Snack - banana
    Lunch - spicy chicken soup, satsuma
    Snack - cup of tea, square of dark choc
    Dinner - salmon, courgette, pepper & mushroom stir fry that I accidentally made far too salty so could barely eat meaning I had a square of dark choc after to try and help me forget it! Feel sick from that salty taste....
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-27-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Day 12

Horribly hungover, can't get myself out of bed. But I really need to do a 10 mile training walk and I'm starving so I'm going to have to get up at some point. I feel far worse than usual considering I stuck to vodka at my friend's and drank water pretty much the whole time we were in the club. I honestly think it's from not having something starchy before I went out hmm.

Anyway.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs on toast (it had to happen before something awful happened!), coffee
    Snack/Lunch - half an apple, 2 squares of dark choc, plum, almonds, yoghurt, peppermint tea
    Dinner - baked sweet potato with tuna, red onion, green pepper and black olive mix

9 mile walk, and lots of cleaning around the flat
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-28-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Good morning!

Beautiful day in London, perfect for my walk after work

Day 13 (lucky for some...?!)

1 min squats, 15 full press ups 10 on knees press ups, 1 min plank, 30 secs side planks
    20 min walk to meet my friend for coffee @ lunchtime
    45 min power walk after work (sweating on the train in my skinny jeans and trainers, sexy...!)

Breakfast - boiled egg, half an apple & plum with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    Snack - almonds, satsuma, green tea
    Lunch - salad with baked salmon, chai latte
    Snack - some carrot and cucumber sticks, scraped off quiche topping and scraped off tuna from sandwich (leftover food from a meeting - don't know why I'm so hungry today that I had to do that - at least I didn't eat the bread!!!)
    Dinner - salmon veg & kelp noodle stir fry, glass of red wine (not going to lie, there was a splash of sweet chilli sauce in the meal...), half an apple, square of dark choc, mint tea
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-29-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Day 14

Weight loss feels like it's been reversed. Hoping the bloating is a sign of TOTM than me being unable to change my body dammit especially since I've been pretty consistent with exercise in the morning and my walking. Hmm.

1 min squats, 20 press ups, 1 min plank, 40 secs side planks
    15-20min walk at lunchtime
    A good 40 mins running around like a maniac in the fresh air @ netball

Breakfast - boiled egg; half apple, plum, banana, yoghurt, almonds & ground flaxseed; coffee
    Snack - almonds
    Lunch - salad with baked salmon
    Snack - cup of tea, banana with hazelnut butter
    Snack - two sushi wrap things from Wasabi (chicken/tuna with rice wrapped in nori) --> weight loss reversal might be because I'm ALWAYS hungry. However I think it's because it's that TOTM in this instance and I should give my body what it's asking for y'know? Rice isn't the worst thing I could have eaten, plus I'm about to play netball.
    Dinner - spicy chicken soup, 2 squares 85% choc, peppermint tea
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-30-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Day 15 and oh the sun is shining still!

You can't imagine the happiness of Londoners when we get a few days' of sunshine in a row!

Feeling good today, that run around last night was so good, can't wait to get into my half marathon training in a few weeks now. I have a boat party with work tonight which'll be funny. Drunken and funny. Sounds like they're getting pizza into the office for quick snacks before we go, and I've requested gluten-free so fingers crossed I'll get something a bit starchy to somewhat prevent the hangover but that won't completely drive me off course.

1 min squats, 15 full press ups & 10 on knees, 1 min plank, 40 secs side planks
    Lovely 20 min walk in the sunshine and amongst the flowers of Regents Park.

Breakfast - boiled egg, plum & half an apple with yoghurt & ground flaxseed, coffee
    Snack - banana, 1 strawberry (heh have to include it all right!?)
    Lunch - prawn & spinach salad, green tea
    "Dinner" - gluten- free pizza (and a couple of normal slices too) - tastes like crap! And I'm still hungry. Fat use eating that rubbish is. Now get me a vodka tonic!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Oh dear. I was just looking into why I've been so gassy every afternoon the last few days, and I think it might be to do with these FODMAP things... I've been eating apples and plums instead of berries every morning and these are apparently high FODMAP foods. Woops. Need to do some reading up asap!

EDIT - Jesus. This probably explains why I've never got on well with legumes, porridge or chewing gum... Perhaps my issue is not a gluten intolerance at all, perhaps it's all to do with FODMAPs! Which would eliminate gluten anyway (only a good thing), but make it clearer why I get gassy, acid reflux etc etc. Wow.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-01-2013 at 08:04 AM.

So day 15 ended with crisps and chocolate on the nightbus home. So day 15 will have to be tomorrow instead - today is a write off too; mum's had an issue with her foot so I've had to leave work and look after her, with a raging hangover and a sandwich :-s don't judge me... I know it's alcohol that makes me eat crap every time!

Despite hating myself for eating rubbish today I should still note it down:
    Porridge with apple and banana, coffee
    BLT baguette
    Olives, chicken with tomato sauce and mozzarella, small rosemary potatoes, roast veg
    Feast ice cream
    Coca cola
    Veg and kelp noodles stir fry
    Peppermint tea, square of 85% dark chocolate

I did walk the 5 miles home from work though!!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-02-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actual day 15.

Happy Friday everyone! It's actually quite hot in London today, to the extent of not needing a jacket whaaaat?! Cannot wait for the long bank holiday weekend to start

1 min squats, 15 full press ups, numerous triceps press ups, 1 min plank, 40 secs side planks

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, blueberries & banana with yoghurt, ground flaxseed & almonds, coffee
    Lunch - salmon tartare/seaweed/kelp noodles etc salad, some chicken & tuna scraped off sandwiches, a couple of squares of chocolate, cup of tea
    Dinner - a fabulous pretty paleo evening (except for the alcohol) that included oysters, smoked salmon, crab, halibut and lots of veg - wonderful!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 05-04-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast