Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 20

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day out with the boyfriend walking all over London so this is going to be quite a test food-wise!

He made me scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes for breakfast, definitely not enough eggs but what could I say... Then I had a fig, a banana, and a cup of black tea.

Coffee with a splash of milk

Some rice, pork belly & salad

Steak, chips & salad

Too much alcohol
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-22-2013 at 02:55 AM.

We had an awful row while we were out yesterday... And I had a panic attack. Which led to a migraine today. It's embarrassing, we shouldn't be arguing so much that it makes me ill. It's horrible... But it's also passion. And while I know that is FAR from ideal, I think we have to work on it or we'll both regret not trying. We have holiday in 2.5 weeks and it'll just be the two of us driving around Mexico for two weeks so I guess it really will be make or break. I'm hoping it'll be the relaxing time away from London life and work that both of us need and that we're only bickering because we're stressed about other stuff and one always takes it out on the ones you most care about...

Anyway, so it's been a pretty dam emotional weekend and I didn't get out for the 12 miler I'd planned. Just ran about 8-9 miles which has made me feel a bit better. And I think I still managed to eat well rather than to make myself feel superficially happy, even though it's not been totally gluten free. An early night tonight will sort me out too.

Cup of tea (with milk), half a banana

Slice of ham, carrot & humus, mint & green tea

Chicken Kiev & a couple of breaded chicken pieces, mashed potato, peas, some mayonnaise

Square of 85% Lindt chocolate

Broccoli with some bbq sauce & mayo (yeah, not very good at all, but I still resisted going to the shop for chocolate & crisps!), 3 boiled eggs
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-22-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Monday... miserable weather and a sort of miserable mood... can't seem to shift it and just smile, what's wrong with me?! Plus my throat is still sore, in fact I feel like I'm losing my voice, and I am going to blame that on the boy having a cold. Goddammit it.

B - two boiled eggs, Berocca, green tea, fig
    S - handful of salted cashews
    L - forget retail therapy, it's all about food therapy... slightly more dairy than required and a bit of fried food but not all bad - went to the Indian YMCA which has a delicious & cheap canteen full of authentic Indian goodness. Had mutton curry with rice, some daal, some raita & a couple of vegetable pakora. Stuffed. And my stomach will probably hate me later, but I'm planning a very light dinner.
    S - green tea, need some digestive aid after that huge lunch!
    D - two smoked mackerel fillets, a big plate of spinach leaves, olive oil & some balsamic glaze; pineapple

Highlight of the day - got some new skin care products in the post from America (only took 3 weeks...!), which I saw recommended on AcneEinstein and which I'm hoping will help clear my face of all these nasty bumps.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Oh dear I think I'm broken. Horrible insomnia last night, and I'm usually totally able to cope and stay calm when I can't fall asleep, but I turned over in bed (having turned the light off around 10.30pm) and saw that it was gone 1am and just completely freaked out. All I wanted to do was hear my boyfriend's voice and have him calm me down. Ended up taking a valerian tablet around 2am, which did calm me down but gave me some weird hallucinatory semi-dreams, and I probably only got a couple of hours' sleep.

So I haven't gone to work and I'm just exhausted. I did go for a gentle 4 mile run around 11.45am because I felt like the fresh air would do me good and I'd feel even more miserable if I didn't do some sort of exercise this week, and at least then I'll be so tired tonight I should fall asleep easily. The half marathon is looming! Just another thing that's on my mind... I want to say I wish I'd never signed up for it, but it will feel great once I've done it I'm sure, just pretty bad timing with moving rooms in my flat and going on holiday and stuff. I do think I'm worrying my boyfriend with all this 'illness' though, I must be so fricking stressed at the mo, everything's just overwhelming me. Need a massive time out.

4 miles

Lots of hot water with honey & lemon
    B/L - banana, two boiled eggs

Spent about an hour wandering to the shops and back, thank god the sun's shining today!

S - not going to lie, I've stuffed my face with vegetable crisps. It was a pretty big compromise since I wanted both a massive pizza and a tub of Ben & Jerry's... but I've just made a big batch of ratatouille as well so I am trying to take care of myself!
    D - ratatouille, green beans & pork chop - mega yum!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. You're not broken, your body is just reacting to a stressful time. Hope all the causes of stress ease soon and you'll be able to enjoy your half marathon, and then your holiday! You've deserved it! Remember to be nice to yourself, sounds like you are.

For the half marathon, you already know you can run the distance so at this point it could be the best thing you can do is ease off the heavy training and eat well to make sure the energy stores are there on the day.

Thanks Pineneedles trying to remain as relaxed and calm as poss!

The boyfriend stayed over last night because I was worried I'd go crazy left alone with my own thoughts again, and while I still didn't get to sleep till quite late it definitely helped having him there. So back at work today... slightly zombie-esque. Still battling this cold too, I'm determined for it not to develop fully!

B - two boiled eggs, fig, lemon & ginger tea with honey, Berocca
    S - banana, 10 almonds, more lemon ginger & honey tea

Just found out decongestant tablets can cause restlessness, maybe that's what stopping me sleeping! Will take one more now and then try not to take again before bedtime, see if it makes a difference. Though my ears feel blocked

L - ratatouille, smoked mackerel fillet & some 'Shirataki' rice
    S - green tea, fig

My director just got back from 3 weeks in Australia and has brought a load of goodies with him. I am saving a Tim-Tam for after my half marathon, but finding it pretty dam easy to avoid the other chocolate sitting on my desk - who likes orange chocolate anyway?!

D - foraging in Marks & Spencer - chicken, butterbean, chickpea salad (it had a bit of rice & herb-y salad in it too). Then I must admit I had a chocolate ice cream at the theatre, nice & organic & gluten free!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-26-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Hmmm I'm not sure I've been eating all that well this week. No gluten, but a few too many bits that aren't quite primal... My main concern at the moment, however, is getting rid of this cold, sleeping properly, & feeling less stressed. At least the boyfriend & I seem to be doing well, seeing him tonight & I can't wait, just crossing my fingers he doesn't decide to have a go at me about the tone of voice in which I say something :-|

B - two eggs, Berocca, green tea, half a goat's milk chocolate yoghurt (it was in the fridge from my sick day and would have to be chucked by the time I'm next at home!)
    S - banana, handful of salted cashews, lemon ginger & honey tea
    L - had a little wander around the park and sat in the sun to read my book for 20mins (vitamin D!), then last of the ratatouille, smoked mackerel fillet & 'shirataki' rice
    Couple of horrifically sugary cocktails, few glasses of red wine
    D - moules frites (yeah not making the best choices)
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-27-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    I donít know, your choices donít sound that bad to me. Especially impressed with your choosing ratatouille over pizza and ice cream the other day! But I know what you mean, itís easy to let little things add up to a less-than-ideal whole.

Glad to hear allís well with you and the boyfriend. Hope youíre looking forward to the Mexico trip. Have you been on holiday together before?

Iím trying to make the switch from workplace instant coffee to green tea... New office, new habits, I hope. Might try using it on my skin as a toner, too, as suggested on the acne site. How are your new skin care products working out?

Yeah it's just the dairy and legumes that aren't too good for me. But I've been rushing around like a maniac and also quite poor this week and next so not planned meals properly. Planning is the only way to make sure you eat the best you can!

So looking forward to it now, I am dying to be on a beach! We've had a couple of weekend trips to his parents' place in Somerset and camped at a festival back in July, but this will be something else. 15 nights of just the two of us, will be intense.

How is the new office, where are you based?

So typical, I waited 3 weeks to get the stuff and one of the products was wrong! They sent me a toner rather than a cleanser, so I'm waiting for a response from their customer services to say they're sending me the right thing... In the meantime I have tried the toner (Avalon Organics Vitamin C) and am using the Madre Labs Camelia green tea face cream/serum stuff, and pretty happy with both. My skin does seem to be a little clearer to look at (still lots of bumps when I run my fingers over it), but I've also started taking Vitamin E supps (though I realised I bought the synthetic version) and I've just had my period so.... possibly too many external factors to tell yet?!

Feel a bit hungover/knackered today, didn't get to sleep till gone 2 and the boy gets up at 6/6.30!

B - yoghurt (meeeh) with melon, pineapple, grapes, banana & almonds, black coffee (meeeh), Berocca

L - I think today's going to be a write off, it's my friend's leaving lunch and someone else has ordered and I just want to eat whatever I want!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-27-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast