Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 2

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks upupandaway, the craving just hit me again now but I happened to be on here and read your comment - you have singlehandedly stopped me running to the newsagents by reminding me it's a reaction to my workload and nothing else!

Spuggygirl - exactly, I'm never going to be eating McD's around TOTM, but some dark chocolate TLC and possibly an organic ice cream treat should sort me out without taking me off track.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livlytique View Post
    Spuggygirl - exactly, I'm never going to be eating McD's around TOTM, but some dark chocolate TLC and possibly an organic ice cream treat should sort me out without taking me off track.
    I get you! I'm a big fan of Lindt 90% - it stops me craving the rubbishy stuff. I've discovered I can't do dairy so ice cream is out...probably not a bad thing as it was never something I found it easy to practice moderation with, but a frozen banana blended up with some raw cacao and coconut milk hits the spot for me just as well. If you're a choccie fan check out The Raw Chocolate Company - their raw chocolate covered mulberries are to die for, and all healthy stuff!

Ooh I'm definitely going to have to try that! I'll buy some for next time I go home, mother needs to stay away from the mint aero bubbles...!

Day 7

The sun is shining, let's see if I can be a little less stressy today. At least the big meeting will be over by lunchtime!

1 min of squats, 25 press ups (15 full ones), 1 min plank & 45 secs side planks to wake me up this morning.
    Lots of fresh air walking to and from meeting, and then I'll be having a good 30 min walk later to take some shoes back and do a bit of shopping after work

Breakfast - boiled egg, strawberries, 2 satsumas, organic natural yoghurt, almonds, ground flaxseed, coffee
    Snacks - more strawberries & blueberries, raspberries, cup of tea
    Lunch - spicy szechuan soup with green veg, rice & kelp noodles, chicken breast
    Snack - apple, square of 85% dark chocolate
    Dinner - salmon stir fry - onion, red & yellow peppers, chili paste, broccoli, and melt in the mouth salmon I could only bring myself to leave in the wok for a minute so I could still eat it pretty much raw! yum! also might give CoYo a go - it's a coconut milk yoghurt brand, totally gluten-free, perfect for a treat later in the eve...
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-19-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Oh dear. Flatmate decided a Friday night would be a good night for defrosting the freezer... and I may have had an ice cream that was going to melt or be thrown away.

Bugger.

Thank god I'm doing a 20 mile training walk tomorrow, onwards and upwards eh.

Day 7.5

I'm calling this a half paleo day because I'm off for a 20 mile walk any minute and am allowing myself a few carbs today without worrying. This basically means because I'll have burnt about 1500 calories my best friend's coming over later for a curry and movie still, it's just rice, no bread. I've signed up for a half marathon in October to get myself back into running after the Moonwalk is done and dusted, so I will need to start experimenting with nutrition for training. It'll be interesting, I don't want it to be a case of allowing myself pasta etc just because I've had a run y'know? For the sake of the Moonwalk being just a couple of weeks away I'm sticking to what I know for now, but am definitely looking forward to adapting my Paelo body to training in the future.

Anyway...

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with onion and red & yellow peppers, coffee
    Walk snacks - sandwich with marmite and cheddar, half an energy gel, minstrels chocolate
    'Lunch' - mum's chopped liver mmm followed by a bag of Kettle Chips :-s
    Dinner - glass of red wine, chicken & lamb biryani, okra, aubergine, some naan bread....

Who am I kidding a half paleo day. This was a non paleo day. But did I mention I walked 20 miles in the sunshine!!!

Back to primal goodness tomorrow, the far too full stomach post-curry makes me never want to 'cheat' again.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Day 8

It's the beginning of a new week, the sun is shining, today is food shop day, and I have my mum's proper Jewish chicken soup for lunch/dinner, can't wait!

Diet:
    I've just had a read over my entries, and I'm not entirely happy with how much chocolate I end up sneaking in at the end of the day, so this week's focus is going to be on cutting back there. Instead, I'm going to get some bananas and freeze them so I can have 'banana ice cream' if necessary, and try to up my meat/fish intake at lunchtime to regulate my appetite for the sweet treats. Feta & avocado salad was delicious last week, but I need to be better prepared so I can have a proper chicken salad. I had a day off yesterday and my stomach doesn't feel great today, so I can't wait to do some cooking and take a bit more control of my eating habits. I'm going to take probiotics for a few days to sort my stomach out too.

I have one lunch out this week, so 4 lunches will be big-ass tupperware salads as per usual. I'm going to roast some chicken pieces and buy some mixed seeds to add a bit of fat in.
    I'm out for dinner Thurs & Fri, so for Mon-Weds dinners at home I'm going to make a batch of bolognese this afternoon and will eat it with kale/cauliflower on those nights; I also have some broccoli in the fridge to finish up.

Exercise:
    I've done my final big training walk, with 3 weeks to go before the Moonwalk, so this week (if I get out of work at a reasonable time) I would like to do the 5 mile walk from work to home twice, and probably 13 miles on Saturday.
    I want to make sure I do my 5 minutes of squats, press ups and planks every morning - it makes me feel like I've done a little bit of something at least, if I can't get out in the fresh air at lunchtime or whatever.
    I'm not sure I've lost weight, but I do feel a bit lighter in general, mainly around my stomach and face, and it's the mental clarity and calm that I'm most enjoying.

Breakfast - finished up mum's chopped liver (oh I do miss Jewish food now I've moved out!), boiled egg, coffee
    Lunch - finished up pot of natural yoghurt, bowl of chicken soup
    Snack - baked apple (no sugar, just coconut butter and cinnamon) with coconut milk yoghurt
    Dinner - chicken soup, handful of almonds, and a frozen banana to come a bit later

A good 45min walking and resistance band workout
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-21-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Day 9

Can't be bothered with work today, need to be lying on a beach somewhere. But here we go.

45 secs squats, 20 press ups (10 full ones), 45 sec plank and 30 sec side planks (a bit achey today from my arm workout yesterday)

Breakfast - boiled egg, apple & blueberries with natural yoghurt, almonds & ground flaxseed, coffee
    Snack - banana and hazelnut butter
    Lunch - salad with roast chicken thighs
    Snack - satsuma, cup of white tea (not with milk!)
    Dinner - bolognese with kale and broccoli, 'nakd' cocoa mint bar (dates, cashews, raisins, cocoa), a few squares of 85% dark chocolate

5 mile walk from work to home at 4mph
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-23-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Day 10

Ah the sun keeps shining here in London - could spring finally be with us?!

Felt bloated this morning, most probably the dates & raisins in the bar I ate last night, which is annoying. Hopefully walking today will sort it out.

I also remembered my focus this week is on not sneaking so much chocolate, even if it is 85%, so that's not working very well. I don't want to keep eating fruit when I have sweet tooth cravings because that doesn't get me away from the sugar addiction either. What to do, what to do.... Is it a case of just eating more during the day, especially protein/fat? What if I'm not hungry during the day compared to in the evening? I don't want to swap to a grazing all day style of eating... Advice appreciated!

In the meantime:

1 min squats, 20 press ups (inc 10 full), 1 min plank, 45 secs side planks
    20 min walk from dr's appointment to work - nothing to worry about health-wise
    5 mile walk from work to home @ 4mph

Breakfast - satsuma, boiled egg, blueberries & half an apple with yoghurt, almonds & ground flaxseed, latte
    Snack - cup of tea, a few almonds
    Lunch - salad with roast chicken thighs
    Snack - plum, 'pecan pie' bar (dates, pecans, almonds)
    Dinner - bolognese, kale & broccoli; small glass of red wine, square of 85% chocolate and frozen banana
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Day 11

Definitely thought I looked slimmer in the mirror this morning! Bring it on, Primal life, bring it on. And the weather is still beautiful which means I just want to get outside the whole time definitely going to have a walk at lunchtime, I'm out tonight so a bit worried about what I'm going to eat for dinner....

1 min squats, 25 press ups (15 full ones), 1 min plank, 30 sec side planks
    Little bit of a walk to sit in the park for lunch
    15 min walk home from bus stop - does that cancel out the bread?!

Breakfast - boiled egg; blueberries, half apple, plum with yoghurt and ground flaxseed; coffee
    Snack - a few almonds
    Lunch - salad with leftover bolognese, cup of tea, satsuma
    Snack - banana and hazelnut butter
    Dinner - Turkish restaurant and uh-oh I had bread chicken and salad and bread dammit! White wine too. And now 2 vodka tonics at a gig.

I won't regret it I won't regret it I won't regret it....
    The way I see it - when I was eating the bread I could tell I didn't particularly want it or need it, I was just picking for the sake of doing something (a bit of an awkward date needless to say); at least I can recognise that and I doubt it'll happen again in such a spontaneous way.

Also - men look away now - it seems like the TOTM has come early (4 days early!!!) so perhaps that has something to do with it. Not happy with that situation at all, not sure what's going on there... Explains the bloating and slightly out of tune BMs the last two days though - apologies, far too much info!!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-24-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast