Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 19

Livlytique is online now Senior Member
    Middle of the week... it's going quite slowly. Feeling a bit down but not really about anything in particular, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's my hormones...

3 mile run
    B - two boiled eggs, green tea, banana, 10 almonds
    S - plum
    L - salad with mackerel fillets (in sunflower oil unfortunately), green tea
    S - slice of ham
    D - chicken thighs with some kind of chorizo-esque stuffing, leeks sauteed in butter, roast broccoli yummmm peppermint tea & a square of 85% chocolate

EDIT - ah yeah, it's ovulation time, no wonder I've got a headache and I'm a moody cow!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Miserable people in the office matching the miserable weather. Need to put some good music on to cheer myself up if no one else is going to do it!

B - two eggs, fig, green tea
    S - banana
    L - salad with leftover stuffed chicken thighs, green tea

Had a bit of a lunchtime walk... also booked to go to Stockholm for a party weekend in November!

S - ashamed to say I had some Lindt coconut chocolate and a small bag of crisps... 2 x vodka tonics too

D - some grilled chicken & salad from my local Turkish

Feeling so down in the dumps what is wrong with me???!!!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-12-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Happy Friday!

Feeling a lot happier this morning. Hopefully Friday 13th will be lucky for me....

B - two boiled eggs... then got into the office and decided since it's a Friday I would have a coffee, which feels fine, and then my director bought us breakfast, so I had two sausages and a slice of bacon, yum!

S - yep I had a cupcake. Did I mention I'm running 11-12 miles later?

Lunchtime wander to the supermarket, about 15mins or so

L - salad with pork loin slices

11.5 miles in the pouring rain, so.much.fun!

S - Nakd cocoa bar

D - baked sweet potato, tuna, leeks sautéed in butter, broccoli
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-13-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Morning all, hope you're well

Feeling a bit crappy this morning, haven't been sleeping well at all the last couple of days... was going to have a 6.30am run but didn't sleep till about 1am so gave up on that idea. Humph. Don't know what's going on. Plus have a LOT on my life admin to do list, could do without work ha.

Great weekend full of feasting - 'twas Yom Kippur on Saturday (Jewish festival) so went home for lots of fish and cake, red wine and laughs. Then a friend's birthday pub lunch yesterday. Not gluten-free but not awful eating either.

B - two boiled eggs, Berocca, green tea, a few blueberries
    S - banana, 10 almonds
    L - leftover fish & greek salad from the Yom Kippur feast - no time to get out of the office though
    S - not so good... soya hot chocolate because I didn't want dairy but it tasted just like hot milk, no cocoa powder in it at all... and a Nakd pecan pie bar (dates, pecans, almonds)....and half of packet of crisps
    D - smoked mackerel fillet with some leftover gluten-free pasta salad, fig
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-17-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Hi Liv, glad you had a great weekend, sounds like fun! Well done on your 11.5 miles in the rain on Friday, too! Is that your longest training run before the event? When do you start to taper?

Know what you mean about the life admin... I got back home last night and realised how much washing, cleaning & generally sorting stuff out needs to be done after being away for the weekend. Could definitely have done with having today off work.

Hiya thank you, I think I'll probably do 12/12.5 miles this Friday, and then next weekend I've got quite a lot on so will just do 6 or so. Can't believe it's 3 weeks away now, which means Mexico is only 4 weeks away! I found out yesterday that the run starts around 9am which will be horrific, guess I'll be finished by lunchtime though so it's not so bad...

Didn't sleep very well again last night, my flatmate was banging around in her bathroom which is right by my head (good news is that'll be my bathroom soon! Sad that she's moving out but yay for en-suite and not having to clean up someone else's mess in the bathroom I'm currently using!). Still, made myself get up for a run this morn, hoping I'll be exhausted enough tonight to just crash out. No idea why I've suddenly got this insomniac phase happening.

3 mile run
    B - two boiled eggs, green tea
    S - Berocca, banana, 10 almonds
    S - lemon & ginger tea with teaspoon of honey
    L - salad with 2x smoked mackerel fillets
    D - stir fry with king prawns, spinach & broccoli (tamari, chilli & garlic to flavour it), fig, last piece of Lindt coconut chocolate for 21 days (yeah I know the challenge starts today but come on!)

So it looks like I'm going to do the 21-day challenge! I realised it would end the day after my half marathon and then I’ll have 2 weeks to totally relax in Mexico, but being in the Yucatan peninsula shouldn't mean going back to grains, it actually feels like it could be the most primal holiday I've ever had, climbing Mayan ruins 'n' all!

I want to be stricter with grains & sugary treats, keep my lactose intake as low as possible, do more bodyweight exercise, and learn to play! I'm going to tell my boyfriend about this when I speak to him later, I would love for him to join in the challenge with me, but I just know he won't stay away from grains....

Gah and obviously the day I commit to a 'challenge' I feel totally starved and like all I want is to gorge on salted cashews... that's ok isn't it?!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-17-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Finally a good night's sleep AND it's sunny in London! Had a really chilled evening on my own at home last night, was lucky that my flatmates weren't in either. Made some dinner and was going to watch a film but then thought I was far too tired to watch a whole one so I would switch the TV off altogether and do some reading instead. So nice to stimulate your mind in a way that's separated from work. Then I was in bed by 10pm and just laid there concentrating on my breathing for a bit rather than hoping to go straight to sleep, it worked. Still feeling tired, but at least my mood is positive.

Okay so it's day 2 of the challenge, and I don't care what anyone says, that last piece of chocolate last night was fine ha.
    I've been pretty bad at doing my morning bodyweight exercises since I've been training for the half marathon, and I would like to get back into this routine again. Didn't happen this morning though.

B - two boiled eggs, green tea, Berocca
    S - banana, 10 almonds, a few grapes & small handful of blueberries

20min lunchtime walk

L - salad with 1 smoked mackerel fillet, olive oil & balsamic
    S - green tea
    S - so there were loads of leftovers from a meeting, including a cheese board that no one had touched (what is wrong with people, they'd rather eat the sandwiches than the cheese!). I was starving so I allowed myself some goats cheese with a bit of chutney and some chicken & tuna from the inside of sandwiches. I think that's okay for keeping my lactose intake low, isn't it? Chutney prob had more sugar than necessary though...

Another 20min walk

D - mmm Bocca di Lupo again for a pre-theatre meal - if you live in London or are ever visiting you must go there!! Started with the radish & truffle oil salad, then had veal & pork meatballs, pork neck, cavolo nero with some kind of pork, and roasted beetroot (definitely trying that at home, great alternative to potatoes!). So delicious. I also had 2 polo mints.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-18-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Woke up feeling super skinny, then went to the bathroom and BAM! there's the TOTM. Immediately got cramps and felt bloated - how does that happen?! That the cramps start literally 5 mins after you notice your period's started. Ha (sorry to any males reading this).

Day 3 of the challenge.

Actually did some exercises this morn! I felt bad because I probably should've gone for a 3 mile run, but I'd been planning on staying at the boyfriend's last night and then he wasn't very well so I went home after the theatre instead (Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - inCREDible!) and in my mind I wasn't running this morn...long story short I did exercises instead - leg raises, press ups, standing twist toe touch things, squats & planks. About 5-10mins worth.

I could eat a horse today, so as long as it's primal, I'm gonna give myself whatever I want. I might have to let myself have a cup of tea though...

B - two boiled eggs, two figs, satsuma, green tea
    S - a small bar of 85% chocolate (it doesn't have milk in the ingredients!)
    S - handful of salted cashews (I've been craving them all week and finally bought some woohoo)

20 min walk in the park in the rain, lovely

L - salad with roast beef slices, cup of earl grey (no milk)
    S - more cashews (a good couple of handfuls) and a bit more 85% chocolate, a small glass of white wine

30 min walk

D - lovely Moroccan restaurant with friends, had squid stuffed with an olive-y tomato-y sauce and then lamb shank apricot tagine with some veg, glass of red wine too. For the first time ever at one of these dinners with friends I didn't have dessert even though they all did, and I'm so happy they didn't bring bread to the table! Feeling proud of myself.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-19-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy Friday everyone! Day 4 of the challenge.

Woke up with a sore throat AGAIN. Every day this week I've woken with swollen glands, so strange. I'm waiting for it to either develop into something or go away and it's highly annoying not knowing if I'm getting ill. Hoping it's to do with TOTM and just being a bit stressed at the mo. I have to run tonight so may need to have a coffee later - only a real one mind, none of that instant stuff.

B - two boiled eggs, Berocca, fig, green tea
    S - lemon & ginger tea, some blueberries, raspberries & grapes - feeling proud of myself again since there are almond croissants sitting on the desk and usually on a Fri morn I let myself have something a bit 'naughty', this time I took a look and said out loud, nope, no gluten till the half marathon's over, and walked away.
    S - nectarine, handful of salted cashews
    L - so my friend at work who's leaving to go back to Australia got me on her business lunch which was awesome, went to Balthazar (London outpost of the New York restaurant) mmmm and I think I stuck to a pretty Primal menu - had a glass of champagne & 1 oyster, then roasted beet salad (which had a bit of blue cheese in it hmm), then bouillabaisse (glorious fish stew) and a bit of spinach and they gave me a bit of gluten free bread on the side, and then I had a sip of my friend's espresso martini and an americano coffee. Not too shabby huh? I think that still fits into the challenge. Though my stomach hurrrrts now, which I put down to the caffeine, haven't had proper coffee for a while :-s
    D - ham salad, a few mouthfuls of rice noodles at the boyfriend's

Was meant to run 12 miles after work but felt so headache-y & exhausted that I've decided to take my stuff with me as do a run from my boyfriend's on Sunday instead. Now I'm going to feel terrible if I don't do it on Sunday! Unless this 'cold' actually develops into something, in which case I'll rest up.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast