Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 17

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    30 press ups, 1 min plank, 40 secs side planks

B - two boiled eggs, banana, green tea
    S - almonds

20-30 min lunchtime walk

L - seaweed salad, soup w/ salmon, veg & glass noodles

20 min walk down to meet my parents

D - radish, chicory, pecorino & truffle salad (dairy free this week might not be going so great, but they were just shavings!), Parma ham & figs, langoustines, fennel, string beans. A glass of rosť. Yum! Totally going to have a granita/sorbet before the theatre too....
    Last edited by Livlytique; 08-15-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Happy Friday!!

B - two boiled eggs, banana, green tea
    S - some blueberries, raspberries, grapes
    S - argh someone brought in the Swedish version of m&ms from holiday - I ate my weight in them
    L - ham and salad

But then, you know, I did just do a NINE MILE RUN!!! Woohoo nowhere near as hard as last week's 7 miler, could've gone to 10 but don't want to go to far too soon, anyway, yay

S - banana, coconut water
    D - finished up my ham salad before going out... Did have some crisps and chocolate on the way home, but I think I did pretty well this week!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 08-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Hello from another Londoner! (Not born and raised, though.)

Your dinner yesterday sounds a collection of seriously yummy things! I need to remember to get myself some figs while they're in season. My BF doesn't like them so I tend to not buy them but I love them and there's an Ottolenghi recipe in the Jerusalem book with figs and roasted sweet potatoes I want to try!

Hope you have a fun Friday despite the rain!

I'm having a day off from thinking about my diet. Which will prob undo all the good work with my running but hey, need to relax right? I've had a fair amount of fresh air and a good walk, but going out again and am going to drink and dine and get back to paleo life tomorrow.

Hi pineneedles! Thanks for your message, oh man Ottolenghi is king! How can your boy not like figs, I actually think they're the perfect fruit to stop you munching on sugary snacks, and go soooo well with salty food too mmm

Sunday Sunday...

Rather knackered but I've done a 3 mile run to loosen my muscles up a bit from Friday's run

Banana, cup of tea
    Omelette with onion and pepper, lettuce & olive oil, cup of chai
    Chicken breast with lots of roasted veg, some white wine, and a bit of chocolate...
    Last edited by Livlytique; 08-19-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Another week has started. I am KNACKERED and my voice seems to have gone but I didn't smoke this weekend so god knows what that's from... and I think the TOTM is about to be upon me. Great stuff all round.

B - two boiled eggs, green tea, banana
    S - Berocca, some strawberries, green tea

Oh dear the rest of yesterday was a write off, went to an open air cinema picnic with friends in the eve and stuffed myself with Jaffa cakes :|

So. So. Tired. And working late and hard for a big meeting tomorrow (wish me luck). So no run for me today, though I have eaten pretty well.

2 Boiled eggs, 2 Satsumas, banana, tuna salad, almonds, leftover roasted veg & some slices of ham. A few cups of green/lemon & ginger tea.

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

I'm having difficulty keeping up with this journal, mainly because when I fall off the wagon at the weekend I feel guilty having to write up what I've eaten. I also feel that writing everything down can become obsessive and is possibly unnecessary.

However, my skin has been breaking out badly and it's depressing me like crazy. I'm totally aware that my body is rebalancing, having come off the pill after 4 years (about 3 months off it now, and have an IUD instead, which is fab), so am trying not to stress too much about things like spots and irregular periods, especially since stress only makes it all worse (!), but it is HORRIBLE feeling like I can't leave the house without make up. So I was moaning to my boyfriend about it last night and funnily he said, why don't you write a food diary, so I thought I should try and be a bit stricter on here. I'm sorry if it's a boring journal, just noting food & exercise, but I guess I need to try. I'm mainly concerned about tea/coffee, gluten, and dairy.

B - 1 fig, 2 boiled eggs, green tea
    S - 2 slices bacon, banana

15min walk to the supermarket

L - salad with turkey breast slices
    D - made a yummy asian soup inspired by Pineneedles' journal - beef stock with chilli ginger garlic & tamari, spring greens, trout, rice noodles
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-05-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Today I'm doing my first ever running race! It's just a 5k, but it'll be the first time I've run with a massive group of people and so with the half marathon just a month away it'll be a good experience to understand how I can keep my own pace and so on. Wish me luck!

Forgot to mention yesterday that along with my usual daily vitamins (B, D, zinc, evening primrose, & sometimes 5-HTP) I'm going to take a daily probiotic to see how it helps my skin - I'm sure my gut issues manifest themselves as skin complaints. Discovered acneeinstein.com so am going to devour the info on there when I get a break from work, but good news is since Tuesday when my face was all red & blotchy, the marks have already gone down massively, so I'm feeling way more comfortable in my skin (no pun intended!) at the mo!

B - 1 fig, 2 boiled eggs, green tea
    S - 2 slices bacon (this will end after today, there has been free breakfast in the office all week, I figured as long as I take the bacon out of the sandwich I'm giving myself a little protein boost!)
    S - feel hungry today... 10 almonds and a banana

Sat outside in the sunshine for half an hour and read articles on acneeinstein heh.

L - salad with roast beef slices, green tea
    S - Berocca, couple of vegetable crisps - energy for my run!!

5k in 25mins34 - pretty happy with that, spesh in this close close heat!

S - banana, Nakd cocoa mint bar
    D - salmon nigiri, some edamame & seaweed - not the most paleo friendly dinner but it's getting late and I just want to shower and chill in bed when I get home
    Last edited by Livlytique; 09-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello! Good luck with the 5k! I'd never run in a race before my half marathon in May and it did come as a bit of a shock to suddenly run in a crowd so it's a good idea to get used to it.

Haven't been running very much recently - once or twice a week. It really helped to have an event to train for. Maybe I need to sign up for something else. I think there's one in Surrey where you run in a vineyard and they give you wine at the drink points ... that one appeals.

I'll have a look at that acne site. I don't have many breakouts but oily skin/large pores all over my t zone which diet doesn't seem to have improved at all like I hoped it would.

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast