Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 14

Livlytique is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome!

Oh I still manage to eat shit. It's just usually from WholeFoods with 'healthful' claims...

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hello Livlytique,

I just came across your journal, and thought I'd say HI!!

I'm in Canada but lived in England for 25 years, worked in London, lived near Guildford - loved it!! Was pretty healthy then (so I thought) as I had horses so did ALOT of the Heavy Lifting without really realising it!!!

I also noted you've come off the pill - as someone that did that 2 years ago, after being on it for 20 odd years, it took me a full 12 months for my cycle to regulate, but I felt tonnes better pretty quickly. Never taking hormones again if I can help it! It all takes time, and they say 'time takes time'.... So just a thought!

How's your sweet tooth? I found cutting all fruits and sweets was the key to crushing the addiction, and when I had an apple on Monday it was so lovely, but I've not had one since - I've - I hope - lost the cravings. Just a thought.

Anyway, hope all is well in Blighty
    PG - in Vancouver, Canada :-)

CuriousCat4711 is offline Junior Member
    Had a good grin about your being a dirty stop out good for you! Ahh the rush at the start of a relationship is so exciting! A weekend in a cottage sounds amazing. Don't stress about the eating... the extra exercise and cortisol flush will deal with that hehe!

So I've been off the pill a week and a half. I haven't stopped bleeding yet which is an annoyance but my head already feels clearer. Hope you have a better experience with the coil than I did. I bled for 3 months, cried every day and developed acne for the first time in my life. However I was quite severely overweight at the time and had pcos so I don't think my symptoms were normal. We're going old fashioned and resorting to condoms. We've even had the talk and should I fall pregnant unplanned we're fine with that it. In fact we want to save a deposit and buy a house so we can start a family. On cloud 9!

Still have no drive to exercise

Can't wait to hear about your blossoming romance!

4 mile run at 6.15 this morn!!
    Although I'm now feeling super tired and like I'm getting run down from the work stress... going to start on the echinacea today!

B - two boiled eggs, some pineapple & watermelon with yoghurt, a couple of bites of bacon, coffee, a few almonds
    L - salad box (veg, tuna, chickpeas)
    S - satsuma, soya yoghurt thing (better than crisps/chocolate!), cup of tea, banana - been a mental afternoon at work and wasn't sure I'd get dinner so just stuffed some food in my face when I could!
    D - honestly, just a bowl of lettuce when I got in lol wasn't hungry, running off adrenalin!

So the boy had a car crash. Which just topped off a crazy stressful day. He's fine, the car not so much, no idea if our weekend plans will go ahead... Don't know how to feel, he's not been very responsive and I'm sure he's in shock and just trying to chill at home, but there's this horribly selfish part of me that's like ahhh tell me everything's fine and we're still going on our little trip and reassuuuuure me!!! Such a princess
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Wow what a day!
    Work has gone over to the client after lots of stress and adrenalin this morning. Followed by a boozy lunch with a friend who can expense it to celebrate ha. And the boy has a courtesy car and all's good for our weekend away
    I will definitely reply to you, Cat and PinotGirl, I just think I need a minute to take a breath, process everything, and enjoy the weekend!

No exercise yet today...
    B - two eggs, coffee
    S - a few almonds
    L - tapas-y bits and half a bottle of red wine - babaganoush, halloumi, greek salad, pork belly skewers, prawn/scallop/salmon skewers, beetroot & creme fraiche, olives, and a croquette and a bit of flatbread. Not totally gluten-free but not awful either!

Great weekend, but bad eating weekend. Actually not that bad, we were pretty primal with all the meat on the BBQ, but there was a fair amount of bread involved...
    Still, went for a 5 mile run in the scorchio sunshine yesterday

B - two boiled eggs, banana & strawberries with some soya yoghurt thing, a few almonds, coffee - massive brekkie god knows why!
    L - bacon & avocado salad, cup of tea
    S - really naughty but I'm craving chocolate and my tummy hasn't been very happy today (definitely the bread and bit of pasta I had yesterday boo) so I decided to let it have some Lindt coconut choccie. Good quality y'know...
    D - mmm Lebanese. Lamb shwarma with rice and onion & tomato salad, a bit of halloumi and a bit of pitta bread. Yep I've fallen off the wagon bread-wise, it's not looking good for my tummy
    Last edited by Livlytique; 07-01-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Nice quick 3 mile run this morn - compared to the 5 miles it felt easy peasy!

B - two eggs, soya yoghurt, flat peach, coffee
    L - bacon & avocado salad, green tea, half a slice of carrot cake (arghhh)
    S - banana, almonds, bit of coconut chocolate
    D - went to a film screening tonight and was too stupid to prepare myself food-wise, so I ended up having a bit of sticky rice and some popcorn. Don't ask.

I feel like I'm hungry all the time again! I think I need to stop being tempted by the yoghurt in the office, it seems like the more I eat in the morning the more I eat throughout the day - counter-intuitive huh???

Hope everyone's well apart from not being very happy with my eating at the mo, I'm in a good place I reckon. Going to see the boy for dinner tomorrow night and then 10 days of holiday stretched out ahead of me thaaaank god.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 07-03-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat4711 View Post
    Had a good grin about your being a dirty stop out good for you! Ahh the rush at the start of a relationship is so exciting! A weekend in a cottage sounds amazing. Don't stress about the eating... the extra exercise and cortisol flush will deal with that hehe!

So I've been off the pill a week and a half. I haven't stopped bleeding yet which is an annoyance but my head already feels clearer. Hope you have a better experience with the coil than I did. I bled for 3 months, cried every day and developed acne for the first time in my life. However I was quite severely overweight at the time and had pcos so I don't think my symptoms were normal. We're going old fashioned and resorting to condoms. We've even had the talk and should I fall pregnant unplanned we're fine with that it. In fact we want to save a deposit and buy a house so we can start a family. On cloud 9!

Still have no drive to exercise

Can't wait to hear about your blossoming romance!
    Hiya Cat

Haha I'm not a dirty stop out if it's just with the same guy surely?! The weekend was great but not so sure about the extra exercise... he had a little 'nervous' issue shall we say...!!! Still, everything's ticking along nicely, I had a little panic on Sat night that he'll disappear when we don't see each other for a couple of weeks (with me going on holiday) but it was quite nice to be able to say it and talk about it and him not think I'm a madwoman (although he clearly did ha) and get turned off by it. Nice to date a guy who makes it clear that he likes me. He's even taking me to the station at ridiculous o'clock on Thurs so that we can spend Weds night together, I think it's crazy but he insisted and it's kinda sweet so why not.

That's rubbish re the pill - is it still happening? I have booked in for the coil fitting in 3 weeks and they're happy to do it without me having had a proper period as long as I do a pregnancy test. It sounds a bit scary but I hope it'll just be crampy for a couple of days and then fine. Sounds like you had the one with hormones though? Can't see how you'd develop acne with the copper IUD... everyone's different eh, I just can't stand condoms (yes I know it's silly but there you go) so might as well try something else.

Oh wow that's incredible news! Mazel Tov! To hell with condoms then

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot-Girl View Post
    Hello Livlytique,

I just came across your journal, and thought I'd say HI!!

I'm in Canada but lived in England for 25 years, worked in London, lived near Guildford - loved it!! Was pretty healthy then (so I thought) as I had horses so did ALOT of the Heavy Lifting without really realising it!!!

I also noted you've come off the pill - as someone that did that 2 years ago, after being on it for 20 odd years, it took me a full 12 months for my cycle to regulate, but I felt tonnes better pretty quickly. Never taking hormones again if I can help it! It all takes time, and they say 'time takes time'.... So just a thought!

How's your sweet tooth? I found cutting all fruits and sweets was the key to crushing the addiction, and when I had an apple on Monday it was so lovely, but I've not had one since - I've - I hope - lost the cravings. Just a thought.

Anyway, hope all is well in Blighty
    PG - in Vancouver, Canada :-)
    Hi PG!

Thanks for your message Ah I want to go to Canada so badly, even thinking of trying to move to Montreal with work so I can speak French on a daily basis compared to my couple of holidays a year!

Yeah I've been off it about a month now and felt totally different from the outset - mostly mentally. Completely appreciate how our bodies need to re-balance and learn to produce natural hormones again now that synthetic ones aren't taking over. I thought mine might sort itself out quicker because I've only been on it about 4 years compared to most women's decade plus, but whatevz, just happy to ride it out. No more poison ever!

Hmm sweet tooth isn't usually too bad, I can't eat certain things like apples anyway because of FODMAPs, and tend to stick to bananas and berries for fruit. I haven't even been craving much chocolate since I came off the pill (I've just realised that it must have been the pill that switched me onto chocolate because I was allllways a savoury craver, funny!), though I have eaten a bit the last couple of days. Still, I think I could do better with sugar intake. One day at a time...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Morning! 1 day till holidaaaaay!!!

mini workout
    B - 2 x boiled eggs, banana
    S - coffee, banana, a few raspberries
    L - bacon salad, a slice of chicken
    S - cup of tea and piece of coconut chocolate :-|
    D - delish Korean with the boy pork belly wrapped in lettuce, then beef & egg bibimbap yum!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 07-03-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast