Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 12

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oof that was a MAD weekend. I won't tell you what happened but you wouldn't have been happy with what was consumed ha. Brilliant fun but am totally exhausted, and have to try and stick to the 5-2 this week, only two weeks till holiday so I'm determined. Oh bugger, I also have to fit in a couple of runs!

The date went really well! Can't wait to see him again, I really hope this is the start of something... cross your fingers for me

B - two coffees (meh), boiled egg, banana
    S - tuna & bean salad thing
    L - tuna salad
    S - another awful eating day just because I'm trying to stay awake - a coke zero, a chocolate bar, and a small slice of victoria sponge (someone's bday...) - feeling quite disgusted with myself...
    D - yeah I ate spaghetti. F*** today dammit.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Ok, fast day no.1 this week.
    I am so tired and run down, and I only have myself to blame.

Mini workout this morn, then 2 boiled eggs and a coffee - 200 cals-ish.
    Some strawberries and blueberries, and a green tea - 100 cals-ish
    A big tupperware full of salad for lunch - hopefully not more than about 100 calories worth.
    Spicy butternut squash soup - about 100 cals again

Feeling a bit perkier now, these low cal days are actually fine and make me feel like I'm using energy resources my body doesn't normal access when it's burning off food. Work's about to get super stressful I think - with everyone on my team leaving, and lots of holidays starting, I've been made the lead on a big advertising campaign - I'm so scared I'm going to mess up or something. And what stresses me most is that I'm still a lowly assistant getting paid a shitty wage - should be getting promoted this week which is awesome but I still don't think the pay rise is going to reflect the HUGE amount of responsibility I've taken on recently. Isn't it ridiculous when something like pay stresses you out more than the work itself. And all this now when I've started dating someone and want to have time for a social life!!!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-18-2013 at 12:05 PM.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Livly...have you tried planning what you are going to eat on each day? It seems that chaos is in the way of your best intentions here. How about getting one of the excellent paleo cookbooks and picking out 4 or 5 days worth of food and then going out and doing some hunter gathering to get you back on track?

Yep I plan all my meals during the week - I write so many lists I feel like a crazy obsessive compulsive! I do a big shop on Sundays for breakfast, lunch and whichever nights I'm home for dinner.
    Apart from this weekend I feel I've been doing great, but weekends I do let my hair down a bit more - my main concern isn't alcohol or some crisps/chocolate Fri-Sun but more that I still stay away from grains when I have a 'cheat' day because that actually affects my health more noticeably.

CuriousCat4711 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you had a great weekend! When are you seeing him again? Enjoy those butterflies

Haha thanks! Seeing him tomorrow night and how refreshing, he says he's going to plan it and doesn't want me to do anything - As long as that doesn't mean an Italian restaurant that's fine with me...!

Mini workout this morn

B - 2 boiled eggs, green tea
    S - blueberries & strawberries, cup of tea
    L - half an hour in the sunshine, such a gorgeous day! big tuna salad, craving chocolate....
    S - another cup of tea, a small chocolate caramel sweet, banana - then a boiling hot 3 mile run
    D - bowl of spicy butternut squash soup and, I must admit I'm not being very good, a few cheesy Doritos & a blueberry juice
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-19-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Oops haven't had time to update this for a day or so.
    Eating's been ok-ish, I did my mini workout yesterday morning then had boiled eggs, was taken to a lovely japanese restaurant for lunch which included lots of meat and fish, a bit of tempura and rice, and some wine, so not the best... then I went to this guy's in the evening he cooked for me - salmon and lots of green veg, really lovely. a bit more wine... don't feel too bad today though (slightly sleep deprived!).
    Today, not sure how it's going to go. Had some fruit and yoghurt and a latte from the canteen for breakkie because I wasn't at home this morn. Ergh...bacon & sausage sarnie...then a baked sweet potato with chicken for lunch. Definitely going to have to get a run in after work!
    Had a cup of tea and a snickers this afternoon tut tut! But also ran 4.5 miles yeeeeah!! And a massive tuna salad for dinner
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-21-2013 at 12:20 PM.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Dirty stopout!

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It a very primal thing to do stopping out....lots of feel good chemicals as long as there are no feel bad diseases

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast