Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 11

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    When's the half-marathon? I have a full one on the 22nd so happy to share my experience of primal training

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    When's the half-marathon? I have a full one on the 22nd so happy to share my experience of primal training
    22nd of June? Good luck! Mine's not until October, it's the Royal Parks one in London. I'm only doing it to get back into running to be honest, not sure I'd ever do a full marathon...

That's what I said! You have plenty of time to get ready then.

CuriousCat4711 is offline Junior Member
    It's great reading your progress. Your commitment to exercise is inspiring.

I'm from Kent but live in Essex and work in London.

How have you found coming off the pill? I'm coming off it at the end of this week.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Oh wow this morning's run was TOUGH. Following a 500 calorie day (I think I actually had about 400), my body really didn't have any fuel in it. I nearly gave up at 2 miles but pushed on through because it's only another 9 or so minutes to do the extra mile. Going to need bed by lunchtime I bet!

B - feeeeeding myself up this morn, hopefully it won't counteract the fast yesterday, and I should be burning fat now anyway. 2 boiled eggs, blueberries & a banana with greek yoghurt and a gluten-free scone my friend made me (blueberry lemon & ricotta), and... a coffee :-s (it's going to be stressful and busy at work today, let's get going!)
    L - nice big salad with mackerel fillets in olive oil, bit more scone - had a good 30-40 min walk too
    D - ratatouille, chunk of cucumber, mint tea
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-13-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Sounds like you should be getting the fat burning going now. Coconut oil will really help with fat burning as it is so easily metaboilsed so switch the yoghurt if possible. Well done on the extra mile...it's the one where you get 90% of the training improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat4711 View Post
    It's great reading your progress. Your commitment to exercise is inspiring.

I'm from Kent but live in Essex and work in London.

How have you found coming off the pill? I'm coming off it at the end of this week.
    Thank you, that's so kind! To be honest, I've felt so lazy up until the last month or so, and I really believe it's the position I'm in now compared to earlier this year:

Firstly I can't afford a gym membership and I used to go all the time when I lived at home (spesh because my dad goes most nights so it made sense if Mum wasn't making dinner till late anyway), so I'm forced to get outside and do it, and signing up to the half marathon means I can't avoid it if it's raining etc, I don't want to let anyone down when it comes to race day. And then just getting up 10 mins earlier on a non-run day and doing a bit of a bodyweight workout, even though it's not the toughest regime, is good for me mentally and physically, knowing if I'm stuck at work late I've at least done a little bit of something. I also try and add exercise into my day, like I always go up the 3 flights of stairs at work, and try to have a little walk at lunchtime when I can (usually combined with collecting dry cleaning or going to Boots or something!)

Secondly I've been single for 4 or 5 months now so even though I don't actually have loads more time to myself I feel like I have more control over how busy I am and therefore exercise and sleep is a priority, and if that means I miss out on a drink after work it's not the end of the world, there are always more opportunities to meet people for drinks. It's funny actually, when I was with my ex my weekends were either spent at his or he was at mine, so I'd end up going out both Fri and Sat or whatever. Recently, I've been going out on one of the nights, and have been perfectly happy staying in on my own the other night, cooking and catching up on sleep - and whereas I used to have massive FOMO, now I'm just content, I don't have to answer to anyone and the one night out per weekend that I spend with my closest friends is really meaningful instead of worrying about getting home and having energy for the next night out etc.

Thirdly I definitely think coming off the pill has been amazing and I never want to have that toxic crap in my body again (we'll see what happens when I start seeing a new boy!). It's only been 2 weeks so I'm still waiting for the acne to break out, but who knows, it might never happen. The main difference I've noticed in myself is just this positive attitude, it's absolutely wonderful to have emotions again. I was always so apathetic and I think that lack of passion was what made me break up with my ex, we'd just become too close as friends and no longer as 'lovers' ha. I feel so much calmer, I'm pretty sure I've lost weight - outside of the 2 fasting days I've done this week, I just mean I feel lighter in general and I don't have the urge to eat all the time. I've stuck to a gluten-free Paleo-esque style of eating way more easily, I'm just not tempted by the chocolate/crisps/carb-y rubbish as much as I was, which in turn makes me feel better about myself and more determined to keep going with the diet and exercise. A big positive circle!

Haha I sound like such a hippy! Sorry for the essay but honestly, I used to be such a moaner, and yeah I can still have a good ol' bitch, but it really feels like something's clicked in the last few weeks and I think it's a combination of coming off the pill and taking a full month off men. I feel in tune with my body and in control of my life. And now I'm ready to give and receive love, so fingers crossed my date tomorrow goes well and I might have someone new in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Sounds like you should be getting the fat burning going now. Coconut oil will really help with fat burning as it is so easily metaboilsed so switch the yoghurt if possible. Well done on the extra mile...it's the one where you get 90% of the training improvement.
    Thank you, I've got some coconut oil at home so will give it a try this weekend, I just can't get enough of that creamy greek yog though!

Happy Friday everyone!

Ah omg it's date night tonight!! I'm nervous!!!!

Mini workout - leg raises, press ups, back/shoulder raise thing, triceps dips, stork, plank twists, spiderman plank things

B - boiled egg, banana, green tea - suddenly starving so I popped down to the canteen for a sausage and 2 slices of bacon, at least it's fatty protein!
    L - very cheeky business lunch - probably half a bottle of white wine, a couple of slices of bread with taramasalata, 2 oysters, halibut steak with spinach and sugar snap peas, and a couple of small scoops of ice cream. Feel rather tipsy, thank god I have till 8.30/9pm to meet this boy, as long as I don't crash out!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-14-2013 at 10:25 AM.

CuriousCat4711 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you for that lovely long reply :-) I am currently out but will reply properly later. Just wanted to say good luck on your date!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast