Thread: Turning Primal in the UK page 10

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A good 3 mile run upon waking :-p

B - banana, blueberries & Greek yog with ground flaxseed, green tea
    L - leftover biryani
    S - green tea
    D - chicken fajitas, 3 squares lindt coconut chocolate, herbal fruit tea

Not a great day for eating but I walked loads as well as my run n a bit of a body weight workout post-run. Spent really good mother daughter time at a local literary festival too so I've had my fill of physical, intellectual and emotional stimulation today - all in perfect balance!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-09-2013 at 02:14 PM.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Hi Livly, I'm uk too. Have you tried coconut milk instead of yoghurt? Much better for getting the fat metabolism firing. My morning shake is a handful of blueberries or frozen berries (Waitrose) half a can of coconut milk, a big bunch of curly kale, two spoons of miracle matcha and a banana. I sometimes put some raw honey in if I am doing anything active.

Oh that sounds really yum! I do like coconut milk but often find it too sweet and sickly to have too much of it. Also, I only have a really noisy handheld blender so not sure my flatmate would appreciate me adding that to my morning routine!
    However, everyone is talking about the 5-2 diet at the mo n I thought I might give it a shot to get me into intermittent fasting - that shake sounds perfect for a 500 calorie day, would keep you going for hours. So if I did a fast day at the weekend the blender going late morning would be fine!

It has pretty much everything you need to keep you going...maybe a little light on protein but have a hard boiled egg ready and your good for 4 or 5 hours I reckon.

Will have to give it a try! I have ground flaxseed so would prob swap the matcha for that rather than spend more money...

Attempting a 500 calorie day today, and it's going well so far. But that's probably because I'm going to have my second tattoo done later today (ahhhh!!!) and so I'm not really in the mood for eating with these nervous butterflies!

Did a mini workout this morn, arms back and legs for 10-15mins.

B - two boiled eggs, green tea
    L - a horrifically bland prawn salad with much fewer prawns than normal, lovely.
    S - cup of tea, banana - have I reached 500 yet?! no idea....
    D - roasted broccoli soup yum. So my first 'fasting' day is done, feeling pretty good!

Oh and the tattoo looks awesome as well :-p
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.

10 min mini workout this morn

B - boiled egg, some blueberries & a dollop of Greek yog, green tea
    S - 10 almonds, satsuma, green tea
    L - prawn salad (woohoo a whole pack of prawns, not a measly 30 calories worth!), peppermint tea
    S - I'm craving chocolate annoyingly. I'm allowing it. EDIT actually I'm not allowing it, I went down to the canteen and picked up one of those Nakd gluten-free bars made of dates and cashews - absolutely fine!
    D - making a pot of ratatouille mmmm
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.

What exercise(s) do you do for your mini workout?

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    What exercise(s) do you do for your mini workout?
    I was doing 1 minute of squats, around 20-30 press ups (I've built up to 15 full ones and then do 10 or so more on my knees), and then 1 minute plank and 30-45 seconds side planks.

Now I'm starting training for a half marathon and was getting very tight hamstrings so I haven't squatted for a couple of weeks while I've been getting used to my foam roller.
    Instead I'm doing these back exercises that were in The Times a week or so ago - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...en_418546a.pdf - not sure if you need to be a subscriber to see it, let me know and I can attached a pic instead. Then press ups, triceps dips, and the planks/side planks or swivel crunches holding something heavy.

It's nothing major but it does get my heart racing a bit and makes me feel like I've done SOMEthing if I don't get the chance to have a proper workout or whatever.

Attempting another 500 calorie day today, and then apparently that's my fasting over until next week! It's kinda weird thinking you just do it for 2 days and then eat however you like for a while before coming back to the fasts again. I think if I get into this it'll make me want to do alternate day fasting instead, seems to make more sense to me, unless of course there are social engagements that get in the way etc.

So, mini workout this morn - leg raises, press ups, shoulder retraction, triceps dips, stork, side plank twists and swivel crunches.

B - two boiled eggs, green tea
    S - berocca - people around me at work are ill and I am NOT coming down with something before my date on Friday!!!
    L - smaaaall prawn salad, cup of tea
    D - broccoli soup. Hmm need something a bit more if I'm going to have a run in the morning, hopefully blueberries won't tip me over 500 cals, I think I've done damn good today!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-12-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast