Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Leptin in a nutshell?

Leptin in a nutshell?

Shop Now
    I've been reading a lot about leptin lately around the forum, but it seems to be all over the place. I can't really find any good info online, so can someone explain it to me in a very simple form, and tell me how to restore leptin levels? How do I know if I'm leptin resistant?

Thanks!

Good question R. I am very interested in this as well. I can't wait to here some responses. I am too ignorant on this topic.

Never mind I found some good info! I should have searched before... well here's a question: I have been near zero carbs for only two weeks without any visible weight loss. Should I refeed tomorrow or should I wait a little longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Good question R. I am very interested in this as well. I can't wait to here some responses. I am too ignorant on this topic.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ghlight=leptin

EGY explains it very well there.

"Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora Gedgaudas goes into leptin extensively. It's such a good book!. She says if you have any degree of love handles, you have some degree of leptin resistance!

Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    "Primal Body, Primal Mind" by Nora Gedgaudas goes into leptin extensively. It's such a good book!. She says if you have any degree of love handles, you have some degree of leptin resistance!
    Haha I have some love handles... I really need to know how to restore leptin sensitivity.. will a refeed really do the trick?? I'm afraid to eat so many carbs and ruin my diet.

Shop Now
    Stephan has a pretty good set of posts related to leptin, I recommend you read them in chronological order:

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...h/label/leptin
    Last edited by venam; 05-11-2010 at 10:27 AM.