Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gaining weight page

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member

gaining weight

Primal Fuel
    Hey All, I really didn't know what other forum tab I should of put this under... but oh well here it goes!

I've been Primal (no cheating) since January. I haven't lost any weight.. I even fluctuate up and level out.

I'm not going to give you a list of reason, excuses, because that just waisting your time. I'm here to give you facts~ down to the point so I can get you lovely peoples wondrous options and help/advise
    I track, I count carbs, I started with atkins it didn't work, I don't have thyroid issues, I work out
    Body: 5'4'' female 165lbs. I have muscle. I just need to lose that extra 15 lbs. I think I look great at 150
    I eat 1500-1600 calories a day,
    When I was eating PALEO:
    25%protien 5-10%carbs 65% fat this was when I was on PALEO

now that i'm on Primal I eat banana in the morning and not as much fat (I'm not sure of those ratios) I was losing my mind tracking, not losing, and blah blah blah worrying way too much. On Paleo i was at about 20 net carbs and now on Primal I'm about 50-60. I thought maybe lower lower 20 carbs wasn't making me lose to I wanted to up my carbs (adding in fruit and yams) to see if it would make a difference.
    I switched because i wasn't losing weight. I'm still not now...

menu: Breakfast: Always tea w/ a little xylitiol (it doesn't bother me)
    Eggs, mushrooms, mozzarella
    or Almond flour and coconut mixed together
    or banana or Oppsie roll turkey sammy

lunch: burger no bun (sometimes with cheese usually not) with onions, tomatoes, cucumber

Dinner: Chicken, yam, onions OR chicken fajitas

snack: almond flour muffin (no sugar no honey) or cucumber w little tuna, bell peppers, or banana

I mix it up. I make sure to not eat too many almonds its either my snack OR my breakfast never together on the same day. never 2 bananas. so forth.

UGH what is wrong with my body!! why does it work for everyone but me! WHATS WRONG WITH ME~
    I still have my wheat belly haha

thanks all ...

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    "I track, I count carbs, I started with atkins it didn't work, I don't have thyroid issues, I work out"

Questions:
    - When you say Atkins didn't work, why? What happened there?
    - Do you like eating the things you eat?
    - How long have you been eating like this (macros, calories)?
    - What are your thyroid levels?

janeen is online now Senior Member
    You may be sensitive to something you are eating, causing inflammation. The easiest way to find out would be to eliminate all likely culprits for a few weeks and then try adding each one back in, one at a time. The most likely problems I see are dairy, nuts, and eggs.
    Janeen

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Im a 30 year old male who works out and you eat more than me.

That 1500-1600 calories looks way off to me, particularly if your getting good fats in as well (what are you cooking your food in)

Also, not many greens in your food from that menu and fruit can also be deceiving when it comes to the scales.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    "I track, I count carbs, I started with atkins it didn't work, I don't have thyroid issues, I work out"

Questions:
    - When you say Atkins didn't work, why? What happened there?
    - Do you like eating the things you eat?
    - How long have you been eating like this (macros, calories)?
    - What are your thyroid levels?
    Questions:
    - When you say Atkins didn't work, why? What happened there? I just didn't lose weight. I even did the fat fast.. nothing..
    - Do you like eating the things you eat? ya, I like eating the way I do now. BUT if I have to cut out the little cheese, nuts or fruit I have i'd be sad
    - How long have you been eating like this (macros, calories)? Since January 2013 so, 4 months?
    - What are your thyroid levels? I don't remember, but I didn't need to take thyroid.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    Im a 30 year old male who works out and you eat more than me.

That 1500-1600 calories looks way off to me, particularly if your getting good fats in as well (what are you cooking your food in)

Also, not many greens in your food from that menu and fruit can also be deceiving when it comes to the scales.

I cook my foods in Coconut oil. I use a little Olive oil as well...
    sometimes I only eat a bunch of asparagus for dinner w/ coconut oil on it, just to try and see what would happen and NOTHING!!

I'm going to try to incorporate more sprinting. BUT i just wanted to understand WHY i'm not losing weight. I didn't eat nuts for a long time (when I was on Atkins trying to get into Ketosis) and it didn't matter, if I was eating them or not I still wasn't losing weight. I could try eggs... but never had a problem. I"m speechless. I lost more weight on a low cal high carb diet. BUT I don't think I could EVER go back to that way of eating... I know this is healthy for my body... I just don't understsand. I'm so upset with myself! I work too hard for this. UGH. If I'm only eating 1500/day I should be losing weight regardless, right? so in a CALORIE stand point.. why am I not losing on LOW enough calories?? I dont understand that

diene is offline Senior Member
    I can't tell you why you're not losing weight, but you're not alone. I have the same problem. For about 4 months I ate between 1200-1500 calories a day, except for a weekend high-cal, high-carb day (okay, sometimes that's 2 weekend days) to replenish my glycogen stores so I could do HIIT on Monday without risking giving myself metabolic problems. I also kept my net carbs below 30g (most days it was below 20g). Did not lose any weight, except water weight. I'd gain a bunch of water weight (about 5 pounds) on my carb refeed day(s) and then lose it gradually over the next week. This went on for 4 months. It did nothing for me except make me (a) obsessed with food and (b) binge every once in a while. I was also very active--I worked out 6 days a week (and still do).

Yeah, it sucked and made no sense.

Finally, in mid-February, I stopped counting and restricting both calories and carbs. I also stopped weighing myself everyday. The last time I weighed myself (sometime last week), I had only gained one pound. Makes no sense, but now I feel very little incentive to start counting and restricting again.

tiva is offline Junior Member
    It could be very simple: 1500-1600 calories may be too many for you. I'm 5'6", at my ideal weight, and I typically eat about 1400 calories to maintain (except once a week, when I intentionally eat more than normal so I keep my body guessing a bit). You might try skipping the banana and almond flour muffin. If you're really hungry, have an egg (and that's a great true hunger test. Think you're hungry? Well, how does a hard boiled egg sound? If it doesn't sound appealing, you're not really hungry, most likely. If it does sound appealing, eat one!)

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I can't tell you why you're not losing weight, but you're not alone. I have the same problem. For about 4 months I ate between 1200-1500 calories a day, except for a weekend high-cal, high-carb day (okay, sometimes that's 2 weekend days) to replenish my glycogen stores so I could do HIIT on Monday without risking giving myself metabolic problems. I also kept my net carbs below 30g (most days it was below 20g). Did not lose any weight, except water weight. I'd gain a bunch of water weight (about 5 pounds) on my carb refeed day(s) and then lose it gradually over the next week. This went on for 4 months. It did nothing for me except make me (a) obsessed with food and (b) binge every once in a while. I was also very active--I worked out 6 days a week (and still do).

Yeah, it sucked and made no sense.

Finally, in mid-February, I stopped counting and restricting both calories and carbs. I also stopped weighing myself everyday. The last time I weighed myself (sometime last week), I had only gained one pound. Makes no sense, but now I feel very little incentive to start counting and restricting again.
    hmmm ya, thats been my experince. I'm glad I'm not alone, honestly. It makes me more sad seeing everyone drop pounds and feeling like i'm the only one! Since I maintain so well on this type of eating style, I was thinking of doing a round of HCG. I mean I did that a while ago and lost 15 pounds and kept it off! maybe I just stick to this style of eating for like my life style But yes I need to stop weighing myself and counting so much... for the weight to not drop its making me mental. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast