Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Week Cutting Primal + IF(Warrior) Diet (1600-1700 cals) page

Chun is offline Junior Member

6 Week Cutting Primal + IF(Warrior) Diet (1600-1700 cals)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, lets get straight to the point!

I'm implementing a Primal + IF(Warrior) Diet. typically 20:4

1 Massive meal a day, I definitely prefer 1 massive meal as composed to many as I can eat non-stop all I want If I wanted to so this will help me portion control much easier and gives me a more flexible schedule.

Male
    19 years old 5"10
    150 lbs/68 kg
    10-12% BF

Goal: Lower that BF to the minimum and shred off a bit of facial fat in preparation for my 30th May Holiday, Woah!

Weight Training about 4/5 times a week. (1-2 mid Cardio per week)

Diet Plan: (Typically laying at 1600-1700 cals with a maintaince of 2300)
    30g Shredded Coconut - 20g fat, 2g carbs, 2g protein
    250g Salmon - 35g fats, 60g protein
    250g Cabbage - 5g carbs, 3g protein
    250g Mushrooms - 10g protein
    6 Whole Eggs - 33g fats, 38g protein
    All of the above will take me to around 1400 cals giving me roughly 200-300 cals spares in which i will put chicken breast/bacon/other meat + extra vegs of my choice to hit the 1600-1700 cals. about 40g protein 5g carbs.

Total Marcos (rounded, sorry if I'm a little off):
    90 Fats
    160 protein
    15 carbs

Take ideas from my thread and join me if you want!

Thoughts, expected results, suggestions extremely appreciated! thanks for reading! (:
    Last edited by Chun; 04-16-2013 at 05:11 AM.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    I'm right with you. Started 1/1/13. Macros are almost identical except on heavy lifting days I increase carbs another 150-200 grams (I find the carb refeeds very helpful in keeping appetite under control). I eat between noon and 8pm. I lift heavy 2x/week and sprint 1x/week.

Results:
    1/1/13: 180lbs. Est 16% bodyfat.
    Today: 166 lbs. Est 9% bodyfat. All lifts maintained or improved.
    Goal: 162lbs. Est 6% bodyfat while maintaing or improving all lifts.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Nice results.

I am one week into 20/4 fast/eat window, the first week I didnt worry too much about macros or what I ate just eating until full. The first few days I over ate but the last few I have had to add in food to come up to around 1800 Cals a day (6'2, 44, 235lbs, 18-20% BF)

This weeks focus is to eat mainly primal at my meals its going well.

Last night's meal
    Cheese and apple (75g edam cheese)
    250g porter house steak
    Butter
    Cabage, carrot, beetroot, kohi rabi colesaw with pumpkin and sunflower seeds
    1/2 tbsp Aoli in the colesaw
    Smoothy of Banana, peach, rockmelon, 1 cup milk

Couple of cups of coffee with milk during the day, plenty of water, black/green tea. ~ 1400 Cals

This morning I swam at squad and dropped 10 secs of my 400m PB. Enegry levels are great. I swim twice a week (squad) surf ski paddle, surf, 5km run once per week and 2 by BW/KB sessions per week so pretty active
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Sounds great, nice to know that there are people on the same boat! I was almost worried that I might not be getting enough calories but seeing the ratio of maintenance cals vs set-cals, my worries are dismissed! I guess it's safe to say that I can drop another 300 cals on non training days to see better results.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    are you a guy or a girl?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    are you a guy or a girl?
    Male, I thought it was guessable with my stats I will input this in right now to make it clear!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chun View Post
    Male, I thought it was guessable with my stats I will input this in right now to make it clear!
    From the fact that you said you were already 10-12% bodyfat and your goal was to get much more shredded, I just assumed you were male. That would be an odd goal for a woman.

at 5'10, 150lbs, with a goal of "shredding facial fat in preparation for a holiday" i'd guess girl first.

you need a solid dose of the heavy weights and a steak or two. if you aren't shredded at 150lbs, something is seriously wrong
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    at 5'10, 150lbs, with a goal of "shredding facial fat in preparation for a holiday" i'd guess girl first.
    Really? at 10-12% body fat, that "girl" probably hasn't had a period in a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Really? at 10-12% body fat, that "girl" probably hasn't had a period in a good while.
    yeah, really. there are thousands of mentally broken women in this country who think they're "fat" at 10-12% bodyfat. besides... i don't rely on anyone to accurately supply bodyfat % information on the internet.

do you really think a man would have a goal of "shredding facial fat?" that isn't exactly the manliest thing ever posted on the internet. in fact, it might be the least manly thing i've read in a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast