Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PrimalCon Oxnard 2013 page 2

SimoneW58 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi All,

A great question, Cyndi! What was my #1 take away? That I CAN do this! All of you inspired me so much. I immediately became 100% primal, >80% of the time. Happy to report that I've lost 6 lbs--and I do know that a lot of that is water--and I feel incredible. I'm going to bed earlier, sleeping better, and even got the hubby leaning in the primal direction. LOL! I just keep throwing all the rest of the non-primal junk out of my house. Thanks to my conversations with Edward and Paul, I'm readjusting my pre-race eating and my road fuel for the Vancouver half marathon on May 5. No more GU! Ew!

The other big take away is that I knew PrimalCon would be a great experience, but I never imagined that I would meet so many totally COOL people! Spending the weekend with all of you was life-changing. I can't wait until the next one. Mexico, anybody??

Dianna Wachtel

throckmortonqdirktwister is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cline View Post
    Hey guys! What was your #1 take away from the weekend?
    for me, it was to meet people who are also into paleo and primal. i may be wrong, but it seems like paleo is not well-known down here in Houston. when i mention the paleo diet to the folks that i come across, they raise an eyebrow at me. not that this discouraged me; rather, it encouraged that paleo and primal is my current private obsesssion.

at PrimalCon, i met people who were as familiar with the ideas as me. we read the same articles. we eat the same leafy green vegetables as snacks. we share the same lament for workout machines. at last, i had met people with whom i could talk primal!

it was such a great experience that i joined the local Primal Living group back home. i hear that Bryan and Tracy show up at that one from time to time, so i look forward to seeing them again and growing our mutual relationship from "we met at primalcon and you are cool cuz you own a movnat gym" to that of friendship. i do have a geographical advantage, after all!

thanks again to all my new, sledgehammer-swinging friends for a great vacation. GROK ON!

Patrick

p.s. I have an idea for something I can present at a future PrimalCon, and I am going to pitch it to Brad Kearns real soon. Before I do that, I would like to tell some of you about and hear what you think. that way, I can develop it more so that it will be just right for my pitch. who is interested?

cline is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoneW58 View Post
    Hi All,

A great question, Cyndi! What was my #1 take away? That I CAN do this! All of you inspired me so much. I immediately became 100% primal, >80% of the time. Happy to report that I've lost 6 lbs--and I do know that a lot of that is water--and I feel incredible. I'm going to bed earlier, sleeping better, and even got the hubby leaning in the primal direction. LOL! I just keep throwing all the rest of the non-primal junk out of my house. Thanks to my conversations with Edward and Paul, I'm readjusting my pre-race eating and my road fuel for the Vancouver half marathon on May 5. No more GU! Ew!

The other big take away is that I knew PrimalCon would be a great experience, but I never imagined that I would meet so many totally COOL people! Spending the weekend with all of you was life-changing. I can't wait until the next one. Mexico, anybody??

Dianna Wachtel
    Dianna, This is AWESOME! Well done! It's great you've got the hubby interested! You'll do really well at the half!

cline is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoneW58 View Post
    Hi All,

Dianna Wachtel
    Dianna, This is AWESOME! Well done! It's great you've got the hubby interested! You'll do really well at the half!

cline is offline Member
    My take aways are a little different.

Like Patrick, I'm so amazed that I spent a weekend with like minded folks. Seriously. That was huge and so life affirming. Kind of like refueling after being primal for a while. Just really got both of us jazzed up, again. Which was really nice.

My specific take aways:

* finally convinced the husband to give up the super bright see from anywhere digital clock in the bedroom and no more charging cell phones in the bedroom. This was big. We've been "discussing" sleep quality and he finally understood.

* I've completely changed my training routine to suit what I need/want to do. I was hanging on to something I didn't need to hang on to and with access to such amazing experts I was able to discuss my goals and thoughts with them and was able to finally just do what I knew, in my soul, I needed to do. This was because I had the support of the amazing folks (and attendees) there.

* I constantly think about how I walk and sit.

* We're going to reinvigorate our primal journey. We've been about 1.5 years primal (most of it full paleo for me) and we are in a great place. But we've got some new journals and we've committed to more mobility work, tweaking the diet (I need some carbs back in), a darker bedroom, and some additional move nat activity in our lives.

Anthrocavedude is offline Junior Member
    OK Patrick....I'm curious about your pitch!

I think it would be fun to do a drumming circle during PrimalCon's "off-hours". The drum (percussion in general) is probably the oldest musical instrument or expression (next to voice) in human history.

-Russell/Rory

PrimalDaddy is offline Junior Member
    Just getting into this Primal lifestyle - saw the incredible blog post about the event!

Were there any people from the UK at the event? I'd love to get to PrimalCon in 2014 - hopefully dates can be released early enough to allow leave from work, and travel to be booked.

One week into Primal - never felt better - weight falling off, and never had more energy.

synntropy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrocavedude View Post
    OK Patrick....I'm curious about your pitch!

I think it would be fun to do a drumming circle during PrimalCon's "off-hours". The drum (percussion in general) is probably the oldest musical instrument or expression (next to voice) in human history.

-Russell/Rory
    I can bring a drum.

adam204 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=PrimalDaddy;1174657]Were there any people from the UK at the event? I'd love to get to PrimalCon in 2014 - hopefully dates can be released early enough to allow leave from work, and travel to be booked.QUOTE]

+1

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    Would love to be able to go to the next one. Time to start saving up!
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12