Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corn Tortilla Chips page 3

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am proud that I can go to a Mexican restaurant and only eat a few tortilla chips, or just pass.

Corn for tortillas and tortilla chips is processed the traditional way with lime. It makes the corn more digestible. IMHO, 20% if you can just eat a few. LOL.

I would rather save my 20% for other things, like the tortillas themselves.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    By definition, it is from a grain and therefore not primal (and NOT good for you).
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    OK, tortillas and tortilla chips are 20% not primal. Organic, traditionally produced ones are far better than SAD. Do 100% if you want. I don't want. It's somewhere above 80% and less than 100% or not at all.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Lazy chip-eaters, sub in plantain chips instead.

Just as addicting but no grain and sometimes no bad oil.

You're welcome!

My specialty is home made blue corn tortillas. I fry them in coconut oil. Blue corn, water, salt. I gave them up for about 8 months while I was losing weight, but now indulge in them once or twice a week. That's my biggest source of grains, and worth it.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You can get organic tortilla chips at Costco as well...it is good to know there is some not GMO corn still out there.
    I still won't eat them but still nice to know.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123