Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Ferritin levels.....and massive hair shedding page 2

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sigzephyr View Post
    My ferritin level is 33. My dr wasn't concerned but I am. I am taking iron supps now and molasses.
    Iron and ferritin are not the same thing. If your ferritin levels are low, that is what you need to be supplementing.

I noticed an improvement within 3 days of starting to supplement ferritin after increased shedding and getting my blood levels checked. My iron levels were fine, but ferritin was about what yours is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Iron and ferritin are not the same thing. If your ferritin levels are low, that is what you need to be supplementing.

I noticed an improvement within 3 days of starting to supplement ferritin after increased shedding and getting my blood levels checked. My iron levels were fine, but ferritin was about what yours is.
    It's strange I haven't heard of this before. My understanding was ferritin is a protein that binds to iron and stores it in the body. Everything I have read suggests taking iron to increase ferritin levels. Are you suggesting it is possible to skip this and go straight to supplementing with ferritin?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12