Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Severe seasonal allergies all of a sudden! Any suggestions? page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have to say that I used raw local FL honey for several years... I know a few people with bees as my husband grew up in this area with some people in the Ag business... and I still have seasonal allergies.
    I still use raw local honey as a sweetener sometimes when I want sweet... just not daily huge doses of it, because I didn't find it made any difference at all. YMMV.

Rinsing my sinuses with a neti pot helps. I haven't tried the NeilMed spray bottle.
    I also use Sinus Buster allergy(and natural nasal spray)... but there is no way I'm recommending that product for a kid.
    When the pollen is high I also use allergy meds, the 24 hr kind cetirizine or loratidine. Preference for loratidine for seasonal allergies. I tend to use cetirizine in combination with ranitidine, a H2 recept. agonist, for allergic reaction breakouts like hives.

It is what it is... if I don't manage the snot, irritation, and inflammation I'll end up with a sinus infection, or other respiratory infection. There have been quite a few years I've ended up with bronchitis because of not managing the allergies well because of not wanting to take allergy meds. Now I take them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

star is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Could
    If you can, it may help to get some kind of air filter system to run in her room overnight. Exposure to pollen can be helpful for allergies, but if she is reacting to chemicals (paper mill), it's probably best to just get her nasal passages as clear as possible whenever you can, for maximum comfort!
    Yes agree with this,its tested that filtration of air do help in minimising allergies

star is offline Member
    If you can, it may help to get some kind of air filter system to run in her room overnight. Exposure to pollen can be helpful for allergies, but if she is reacting to chemicals (paper mill), it's probably best to just get her nasal passages as clear as possible whenever you can, for maximum comfort!
    I agree with what you said, Air filter might help her to filter the air esp dust and pollen or a humidifier at night to relieve her nasal passage, it helps in respiratory issues. Local honey they say is not proven though for some it is effective, you may use a local honey that was raised closest to where you live, the closer the better since it will have more of exactly what you'll need.

star is offline Member
    Could the nettle tea and honey be masked in a smoothie (with local fruits/veg)? Does she get a form of probiotic in her diet regularly?

I agree with you. I do this air filtering actually 24/7 most of the time in our house. It really helps especially with asthmatic sufferers and those allergic to dusts and pollen. Neti pot is good in clearing out nasal passages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12