Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal in the UK - bacon sandwiches without the sandwich... page

caro_h is offline Junior Member

Primal in the UK - bacon sandwiches without the sandwich...

I've been toying with the idea of writing one of these for a few weeks now, ever since I bit the bullet and decided to embrace the Primal WOE/WOL... It's not easy in the UK - primal/paleo is still a really, really niche interest (even more so than in the US) and fellow travellers are hard to find. I'd been treading a LC path for a while and enjoying it, but felt as if I needed to branch out a little; make it more about life and not just about food. So, MDA and the PB brought me here!

Sleep, play, sunshine (not much of that here!) and super-delicious, amazing food. What's not to like? This is the point where I admit I'm pretty lazy and still not fully on board with the whole exercise thing - even though I know how great it will make me feel; fitting it in... aaargh. But I see planks in my future...

I work fulltime, I have a young son (9yo) who is partly-primal, and a SO who is also as primal as I can get him (but who is wedded to his Standard British Diet too...baby steps, yes?) I'm 40 this year, so I guess this is my midlife crisis...

I used to write journals/diaries A LOT when I was younger (cringe) - hopefully this won't be as knuckle-gnawingly awful as they were! I don't know how this is going to turn out - might be a list of foods, might be a place to open up, who knows?

I'll record some stats, just 'cos I feel I should:
    5' 7"
    150lb
    Almost 40
    Weaknesses: bacon, dark chocolate, blue cheese, eating coconut oil by the spoonful (not too bad, huh?!)

140lb by July would be great, but it's not a mission. We'll see. I just know how much better I feel eating this way. PB has made me feel great about food, excited about it. I experiment now! And I finally feel like I know my body better. I've even started IF sometimes - just because I can. It's amazing. I eat only when I'm hungry, which is utterly new to me because before LC/primal I was hungry ALL THE TIME. And mainly for chocolate

So, that's it. Food so far today: one apple, one banana, one large spoonful coconut oil. One cup of revolting hospital canteen cappuccino with half a sachet of sugar to make it mildly less revolting. Dinner will be panfried pollock fillets with roasted broccolli, red peppers and buttered spring greens. Love it.

Cx

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Hi caro_h....liking the journal so far.

It's not so hard in the UK...and there are a surprising number of us hanging around here too.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Plus our Bacon is better than US bacon (I lived there 13 years. I should know )
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Ha, yes! I once tried to make a tomato and bacon sauce (for pasta...) when living in Minneapolis. How many packets did I get through to get an even vaguely bacon-y taste?! Tbf I think it was that Oscar Meyer stuff, should've known better.

Thanks for reading, spuggygirl. It's good to know there are a few Brits out there!

But of course, a big hello to anyone else too before I offend anyone :wink:

Ilythia is offline Member
    Hi Caro! I am in the North West UK with a primal family of 4! Great to be able to chat. There's a FB page called Primal Britain that's picking up a bit (though not very chatty).

Ilythia is offline Member
    Ps I hear you on the cringey journals! I found one from when I was 13. Mortified.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hello, I like your journal! I live in Maine, U.S.A., and I know there are other primal/paleo people about but finding them is hard. I can relate to feeling a bit on the fringe.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Paleo-UK is another good FB page with quite a lot of traffic

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    No wonder, it is imported from where I live: Denmark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast