Thread: I have a confession to make...forgive me dear Grok for I have sinned page

jaczor is offline Member

I have a confession to make...forgive me dear Grok for I have sinned

Shop Now
    I' fell off the wagon about 4 weeks ago, fell so far that I couldn't even see the damn thing.

It started when I got sick (nasty stomach virus) then as I was almost cured I got the flu and got completely derailed, to make matters worse, my parents were visitting for the last two weeks, so that meant eating out a lot, I tried to eat at least 60% paleo, but that wasn't the case most times.

For the past week I've even eaten a lot of junk food and I felt awful every single day, I had forgotten what all those carbs and refined sugars did to my body, but still, I couldn't stop, I still craved that crap even though I knew I would feel like sh!t 5 minutes later.

Also, because I was sick, I couldn't work out, it has been 3 weeks since my last crossfit WOD.

Now I'm getting back on it today, I don't think I did too much damage weight wise, I don't use a scale, I go by clothe/belt size and by how I feel/look and I'm still where I was at 4 weeks ago, probably carrying a few extra pounds of water weight.

My plan:
    1) 24 hour fast: I started yesterday at 9:30 pm.
    2) First week will be 100% paleo, very low carb, no cheat meals.
    3) Defined goal: I might visit my family in two months, they last saw me in December, after I had been eating paleo for 1.5 months and they were all amazed at how I looked, my goal is to lose more weight, enough to amaze them again, to have some sort of guideline, I bought some size 36 jeans that currently fit but are a little snug, my goal is to have them fit loose and be able to rock some 34's.
    4) Exercise: I need to go back to doing crossfit, that will take care of my core strength, flexibility and legs, I will also join a gym to complement it with some weight lifting, I find that some muscles don't get a full workout on CF, at least not enough to stimulate growth, specially pecs, biceps, traps and triceps.

Well, that's pretty much it, I guess that writing it and sharing with you guys will help me to hold myself accountable and motivate me to do it.

If anyone has had any similar experiences or any tips or advice that they want to share, please feel free to do so!.

Grok on brothers and sisters!

Last edited by jaczor; 04-15-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Scott FM is offline Junior Member
    For that matter, I have fallen off also..at least I now I know someone down here..
    I ran into a friend o mine last week who has been on track for quite some time and he asked me, straight on, what the hell happened to me. I was doing well and just drifted.
    Frankly, I feel bad on several levels but mostly it is physical..and that is reason enough to get back on track. There is no time for self recrimination nor moping about just back to basics

If you want, feel free to contact me so we can help each other get back on course and stay there..take care!

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    I fell off the wagon too, and I have no good reason for it. I've spent the past few weeks getting back on my Primal feet, so to speak. BUT, when I began Primal I went in all the way, no "transitioning" to Primal. I don't know why I am having such a hard time now. I am back to square one, and I have a plan; I just seem to have some sort of excuse to not go back 100%. I need to constantly remind myself of my first Primal leap and GO FOR IT again!
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

jaczor is offline Member
    I am hoping that this 24 hrs "detox" will help me bounce back into paleo eating cold turkey, I too did it without transitioning the first time, and it was surprisingly easy then.

olivexwka is offline Junior Member
    I ran into a friend o mine last week who has been on track for quite some time and he asked me

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    I have fallen off the wagon a few times but the last one was by far the worst - it took a lot to get back on the path but now that I am back I feel better than ever and I am moving forward again. Hang in there - take it one step at a time and sooner than you know you'll be back on track.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

jaczor is offline Member
    So far so good guys, the bloating is gone!. This was my first paleo meal after the 24hr fast:

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    If that doesn't do the trick, I am not sure what will Looks yummy!
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am in the same boat! I never transitioned into eating primal the first time, I just did it and it wasn't that hard! However, I fell off the wagon... or drifted off... and started letting more crap back into my diet. As a result, my weight stalled (and probably went up, but I haven't actually jumped on the scales to check), and I started feeling less healthy and my recovery time from exercise went down hill (and my gains seem to be slower). The good thing is I HAVE kept up my physical activity. If I hadn't I think I'd have spiraled further down.

I'm starting to get back on track this week... haven't gone too badly (except last night when we grabbed a quick rubbish meal to eat ) but I need to be as close to 100% as possible.