Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stalled......nothing new to the forums page 3

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My personal experience almost paralels Otzi's. I was very low and then low carb for a long time. Initially I lost a good amount of weight (25 lbs), but eventually hit a brick wall at about 10lbs to go.
    After adding 100g carbs in the form of starch, the weight and the body comp started shifting in the right direction once again.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Did I miss it? Did you post your height somewhere? I think 5'6" and 190 lbs requires a completely different approach than 6'2" and 190 lbs. If you look here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81185.html you can see that a 3 week plateau as you approach a healthy weight is no big deal.

And are you sure you can consistently measure your waist within 1/2"? I find my waist fluctuates 1/2" day to day for no apparent reason.
    I am 5' 8"
    the measuring...I'm doing it just once a week and it's not moving. I know it can be different from day to day, but week after week I would think it would change. Especially with the calorie deficit I'm at. ????

olivexwka is offline Junior Member
    Stay off the scale for a month and focus on eating as healthy as you can and train real hard on your training days and rest oftern.

LauraSB;

Great post you forwarded to me......kinda lost interest in it when the argument turned to "twinkie diet" other wise, great.

Going to start the fasting, well...I already did I guess. Eat from 5-10. Start sprints twice a week while I do my walks. See if any of it helps.

Otiz.........no whey....because the dairy? Bad for weight loss? I started taking it because it's easy but also because of my deficit, thought might be good to get the protein in the body before a workout....along with some coconut oil in it for fat content.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Otiz.........no whey....because the dairy? Bad for weight loss? I started taking it because it's easy but also because of my deficit, thought might be good to get the protein in the body before a workout....along with some coconut oil in it for fat content.
    Not the dairy--I just think it's an extra blast of calories you don't really need. I was chugging that stuff before or after workouts for a while, and when looking for places to cut calories it was an easy choice. Just eat an extra serving of lean meat. Plus, it is really a processed caloric drink. Look at the ingredients, there are also differences in isolated vs hydrolyzed etc...Then there's grass-fed and added chemicals/processing steps. Just something I didn't feel was giving me great bang-for-the-buck. Here's an article by Mark Sisson to help you decide: Whey Protein: Isolate, Conentrate, Hydrolysate | Mark's Daily Apple

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Eat more fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Eat more fat.
    70+%
    Last edited by ez2cy; 04-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Well...I've been told I don't eat enough, and I should try IF'ing.

Yesterday first day IF'ing. 19 hours, feed between 5-10. Force fed I should say. Not sure I'm a fan of this.

According to MFP, for me to lose 2 lbs /week, I need to eat 1320 cals/day. I have my macro's set for 65.7% fat, 33.1% protein and the rest carbs.

So, yesterday, don't eat from the nite before until 5, then start eating. Little hungry thru the day but nothing untolerable. I eat, feel good, but decide I HAVE to eat later as I'm no where near my cal intake for the day. Don't feel like eating but I do.

What I ended up with was.....I consumed 1301 cals for the day, 64% fat, 35.8% protein. Now, again, according to MFP, I burnt 1041 cals from exercise. Did 1 1/2 hour walk (with sprints) and 1 hour swim. So, I'm waaaaaaay below my cal intake for the day, (in order to lose 2lbs/week)

So.....I have no idea how I can eat more if I'm doing the IF'ng. ?????

Also, someone told me to stay off the scale...which I will continue to weigh and measure myself weekly. I did this morning for chits n giggles (only been a day) Up...4 lbs...LMAO

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I'm late to the party, as usual, but wanted to comment on the MFP numbers. I recently realized, you have to enter the calories you want to lose however much. It appears to do the calculation for you, but that is default. If I wanted to, I could put in goal of 2 lbs a week at 5000 calories a day. I'm 5'2" and 130 lbs.. Sadly, I hardly get 5000 calories a week, much less a day. Point is, find out your BMR with exercise included...then enter your goal loss and the calories manually. I'm sure all the other information you've gotten is great, just wanted to mention this...as I find using the more realistic numbers is kinder to myself and seems to actually see the scale moving...as long as I am honest with myself about my food intake. Point number 2, I recently bought a digital scale..very enlightening about actual portions. I got mine, battery included, for $14 at Costco.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's going to take you several days at least to get used to any new way of eating you try. Give it some time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast