Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any tips for losing too much weight? page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Any tips for losing too much weight?

Shop Now
    I have a patient in my office that wants to gain some weight, but instead he is losing too much weight, even if he seems to have done everything right! The patient is really eating too much, more than his daily calorie expenditure, and unfortunately he is still losing! Well, to be honest the patient is myself – I am my own patient so to say! So this is the problem; even if I am gorging down around 4000 calories per day I am still losing weight when I want to gain, so maybe I am eating too much? Yes, I really want to gain some weight at the moment, so should I then rather eat less food to avoid losing and gain some weight instead, since I have seen from so many treads that people that have the opposite problem and want to lose weight are recommended to eat more to lose more weight?

I have no known illness, but I have recently bought myself a glucose-meter and it fluctuates between 109 (fasted) and it drops to 85 two hours after eating! So, what’s wrong with me?

Thank you so much in advance…

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You need to up your exercise, maybe two hours a day on the treadmill and a marathon at the weekends. That should do it.

Paleobird Guest
    Maybe you have a tapeworm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Maybe you have a tapeworm.
    A large tapeworm serpent devouring thousands of thousands of my precious calories and growing fat in my intestine while I am losing weight? But wouldn’t the serpent’s weight still count as my weight then – a big fat tapeworm cannot easily be distinguished from the rest of my bodyweight I suppose?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    You will need to determine your daily fecal mass, this will include the worms eggs and excretion, the worm itself will only get so big before the tail breaks off.

So, eating less then, avoiding to feed the serpent and by that starting to gain some weight again?

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    First eat less, to starve the serpent, and after 2 months of fasting, when you're sure the serpent is dead, you can just eat like 20000 calories a day. That would help.

But really, have you checked your thyroid function? I saw some study once about some people whose metabolism speeds up when they eat more, but really in a linear function. Maybe you have that kind of thing? I have no clue, actually.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I hear tapeworm-serpents hate coffee with butter in it. You might be able to drive him out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I hear tapeworm-serpents hate coffee with butter in it. You might be able to drive him out that way.
    Really??? I'm not too sure about having a potential tape-worm swimming around in bullet proof coffee in my stomach... What if the tape worm is primal or paleo then, he may then grow even fatter and want to be fed huge amounts of bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner also?

So, tapeworm or not, isn’t it reasonable that my excessive food intake can be firing up my metabolism too much, and that I should drop calories and eat less to start gaining some weight again?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I would think lots of carbs, combined with lots of fat would take care of it. And maybe some coke made with real sugar, instead of Coke zero.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast