Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any tips for losing too much weight? page 3

CDC
    CDC is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    this is a joke rt?..

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Clearly if you were eating that many calories, you would be gaining weight. Therefore, either you are deceiving yourself or lying to us.
    What, would I ever lie to you? People as yourself that are claiming to gain weight below 800 calories, so it's not unreasonable that some people like myself can lose weight on 4000 kcal/day then? What's up, have you started to believe in the CICO myth after all?

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    You are not eating enough! You need to up those calories more! Try harder!
    Heh, why do you think so? When people stalls in losing weight they usually get the recommendation to eat more, so I guess that's what happened to me, all those calories fired up my metabolism too much! So, to down regulate my metabolism and start gaining some serious weight, I should rather eat less I suppose?

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    No, no, people tell us to eat less in a stall, you need to eat more.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Drinking alcohol will slow your metabolism

Also you sound like you lead a very active lifestyle...gym five days a week, cardio every morning? You probably need like 5,000 calories to maintain weight. Maybe you aren't eating enough.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Drinking alcohol will slow your metabolism

Also you sound like you lead a very active lifestyle...gym five days a week, cardio every morning? You probably need like 5,000 calories to maintain weight. Maybe you aren't eating enough.
    So you don't think that I am feeding a large tapeworm in my ingestines then? But hey, what you say makes sense after all, since I am relative big above 200 lbs and also very active, so I am probably eating too little then, even if it's 4000 kcal for an average per day! Hmmm, last month I have lost exactly two pound, that's 7000 calories of fat. Since I havent lost any strength, I guess that it is mostly fat! A quick calculation; 7000 calories divided by 30 days, that gives an additional 233 calories per day, equivalent to two eggs and a banana more to get to the maintenance! So I should have been eating an average of 4233 calories per day instead of 4000 only to be in energy balance! And to gain weight I better been eating around 4500 calories instead of only 4000 to gain a couple of pound per month...

Eureka!, I have finally found the reason for my weightloss, I have been eating too little, what a strange paradox...

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You can eat 50,000 calories a day and you'll starve to death if none of it is absorbed or digested. Study your poop carefully. Are there chunks of undigested food in there?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    So, eating less then, avoiding to feed the serpent and by that starting to gain some weight again?
    Actually not just less.... you need to fast for about a week. Then you stick a glass of soured milk to your nose. Now wait for said serpent to come to dinner.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Second guess... up your carbs. Sure works well to lower them when weight loss is the goal so I would postulate more carbs will help you gain weight

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually not just less.... you need to fast for about a week. Then you stick a glass of soured milk to your nose. Now wait for said serpent to come to dinner.
    I have archived the serpent/tapeworm hypothesis and will now eat a little more trying to do a lean bulk! I had expected that somebody would propose to eat less to gain weight since it seem kind of logical given the usual advice of eating more to lose weight. So since I lost some weight I thought for a moment that I might have been eating too much…

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast