Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essential Oils as perfume... I need advice! page 2

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I quit wearing regular perfumes years ago .... I use EO's straight, but more often use a blend of amber and a musk oil. I also use Song of India solid, amber, sandalwood and musk are my favorites. They come in little carved soapstone jars and the scent is long lasting.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    I love messing about with all sort of essential oils to create things that smell pretty. Try combining a few until you get something that you like.

Rose and geranium (classic floral), Vanilla and orange (orange creamsicle), Lavender and melissa (relaxing floral), gardenia and coconut (exotic floral), ylang ylang and sandalwood (sensual and woody) ...

You can even mix three at the same time to get some really interesting combinations. I love vanilla, gardenia and coconut. Amber is also a good base note to play other scents against.

Mints do tend to go odd fairly quickly. And yes, blend your EOs in a carrier oil. Almond oil works well but has a subtle fragrance...
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Sweet almond oil as a base and french rose oil is my favourite although the rose oil is just about the most expensive EO around! A little under 600 for a 100 mls over here! But you don't need a lot, so it goes a long way. Is very good for opening the heart chakra too :-)

I definitely think pregnancy makes a difference to all senses. Caution though with EOs whilst pregnant especially using any of them neat directly on your skin. One way I like to use EO straight is to put a drop on clothing that's near to my skin; the body warms it up and you get lovely wafts as you move about.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12