Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there samples of Primal Fuel? page 2

Geeknik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    oh, and if Mark (or anyone at MDA) is reading this thread, I'd also be interested in samples of the primal fuel... I'd be more inclined to drop ($whatever it is) on a large container of primal fuel if I could get a little sample packet to try first - even if I had to pay 50 or 99 for the packet... just sayin'.
    Yeah, I'd like to try some samples too and if they were offered at places like whole foods, gnc or trader joe's I'd be more inclined to buy it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Protein is the worst macro to get extra calories from and protein powder is even worse. Eat freaking ice cream, cheese, cream, fruit, eggs, whatever the hell you want! Blend it all into a shake if thats your thing.

You are dangerously underweight for a pregnant woman and probably doing you child harm to put it bluntly. Eat like you are in a famine while pregnant and the child we be very predisposed to obesity.

Edit: retead that you are breastfeeding, not pregnant to its not as serious. Still my advice applies. Breast milk needs to not be only insanly nutrient dense but also you need to avoid pufa and other dangerous stuff that is in carnation drinks. Ice cream with only 5 ingredients is about the best possible thing for healthy weight gain.
    Last edited by Zach; 04-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Geeknik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Jay Robb's is pretty darn clean, IMO - we used to buy his vanilla flavor (but honestly, it was a bit sweet for me).
    I have a sweet tooth so tend to prefer Jay Robb's. I'm using Bodylogix chocolate flavored protein powder right now and it isn't quite sweet or chocolatey enough for me. Next I want to try Optimum Nutrition's Mocha Cappuccino flavored whey protein to see if it tastes as good as the Atkins Mocha Latte shakes.

abbyful is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Protein is the worst macro to get extra calories from and protein powder is even worse. Eat freaking ice cream, cheese, cream, fruit, eggs, whatever the hell you want! Blend it all into a shake if thats your thing.

You are dangerously underweight for a pregnant woman and probably doing you child harm to put it bluntly. Eat like you are in a famine while pregnant and the child we be very predisposed to obesity.

Edit: retead that you are breastfeeding, not pregnant to its not as serious. Still my advice applies. Breast milk needs to not be only insanly nutrient dense but also you need to avoid pufa and other dangerous stuff that is in carnation drinks. Ice cream with only 5 ingredients is about the best possible thing for healthy weight gain.
    I hope it doesn't sound like I'm limiting myself on food intake: I do eat A LOT already. I eat about twice what my husband does! And I am very liberal with full-fat dairy.
    When I was pregnant, I was eating additional full large meals each day. I don't count calories, but I estimate I was probably eating 4000+ calories a day and I still only gained 18 pounds.

My sister was the same way with her kids. Her doctor made her stop BFing and switch to formula several months in both times because she dropped under 100 pounds. I don't want to end up in the same boat, I've over halfway to my goal to BF until 12 months, LO is currently 7.5 months. LO is getting plenty to eat, he's at the 95-percentile in both height & weight.

I do love some Breyers vanilla ice cream, I'll try eating that more often. But I also still want to make some easy to mix up like shake drink at work between meals, in addition to the snacks I already bring (nuts, cheese, fruit). And/or to make breakfast smoothies before work in the style my sister does to try to pack in as many calories as possible: making a full-fat yogurt based smoothie and adding in raw egg and protein powder.

Edit to add: And I do not have any health problems like thyroid issues that would make me lose weight, just BFing seems to burn a lot of calories for me. I've been "underweight" my entire life, it's just where I naturally fall on the bell curve.
    Last edited by abbyful; 04-15-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well thats good you arent restricting. Are you positive you and your sister arent hyperthyroid?

I still dont think protein powder is a good idea for multiple reasons. Cant you just use whole fat dairy, egg yolks, nut butters, honey and fruit to make a massive calorie shake? Also for work just pack more food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12