Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lactose intolerance page 2

Style is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    About raw milk. If your problem is with the lactose, then drinking raw milk will fix it. Pasteurization kills the natural enzyme lactaze which is needed to digest lactose that is in milk straight out of the udder. (Lactaze is what is in those pills they have for lactose intolerant people.) If your intolerance problem is with the casein part of milk, however, raw dairy will not fix it.
    Thanks. I didn't know that. Unfortunately raw milk is a pain in the ass to get in NC. I hate government.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know that. Unfortunately raw milk is a pain in the ass to get in NC. I hate government.
    Ah, yes, the downside to state's rights is that your state has the right to make stupid laws. Raw dairy is sold on supermarket shelves here.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    For myself I can digest a certain amount of lactose but definitely not yogurt or cottage cheese. I put a bit of cream in my coffee but If I start eating 2 or 3 slices of cheese then I start getting bloated and gassy.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    With cow milk my nose gets blocked and I have had lung problems for over 20 years, heavy coughing and shortness of breath. I had to take medication for several years to get enough lung capacity. This all stopped when I quit cowmilk and cheese, got plenty of air now. I also don't feel as cold as I used to don't know if that is a general primal food improvement or also the milk.

otzi Guest
    I once dated a lady but had to break it off when I found out her feet were severely frost-bitten requiring amputations...I guess that makes me 'Lack-Toes Intolerant"

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I once dated a lady but had to break it off when I found out her feet were severely frost-bitten requiring amputations...I guess that makes me 'Lack-Toes Intolerant"
    LOL!!! that just made me laugh! Happy Monday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12