Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Virgin Diet: question! page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Make your own salsa. It's very easy to make pico de gallo. Just chop up onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Done! I've also done chopped onions, mango, red bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice for a mango salsa. Tastes great on fish or chicken. Add chipotle pepper or hot sauce if you want it hot. There are hot sauces without sugar if you look hard enough.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Buy plain everything. If you are buying frozen vegetables they should have nothing added, no seasoning, no sauce, no "buttery". Buy individual spices and herbs, no seasoning blends. Plain, unseasoned meat, fish, and poultry. Plain dairy, flavor your own yogurt.

Style is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Buy plain everything. If you are buying frozen vegetables they should have nothing added, no seasoning, no sauce, no "buttery". Buy individual spices and herbs, no seasoning blends. Plain, unseasoned meat, fish, and poultry. Plain dairy, flavor your own yogurt.
    Oh I know. My wife, who's not paleo, does the shopping. I just went to cook some sweet potato fries from the freezer. They contain "food starch," which apparently "can be made from wheat, potato, rice, corn or tapioca," so that is out.

I would never buy that crap. Fresh french fries are awesome, why get frozen? It takes what, 2 minutes longer to prepare (assuming you have a fry cutter)?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234