Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self Sabotaging page

yogi19270 is offline Junior Member

Self Sabotaging

Primal Fuel
    Hi i really struggle with this topic! I cruise along doing really well and then someone says how great i look and that im losing weight and suddenly BANG!! Its almost like a green light to eat something naughty! Just wondering if anyone else has come across this, if so have your dealt with it and how. This stops me from meeting my goals, i get frustrated with myself and do the whole guilt thing.
    Any suggestions would be greatly received!
    Cheers

Chun is offline Junior Member
    My specs wouldn't be considered great when told to people online:
    19 male
    150 lbs
    10-12% BF

But everyone I know around me says that I'm in a great shape and doesn't require any improvement, they always wonder why I keep going on more and more extremely diets and trying to improve. It's just the whole point of it of how badly you want to achieve what you want and once you have what you want, you keep wanting more and more! Just have to understand the concept and "Rule your mind" to the point of what you want to achieve.

Do whatever you think it's right for you and that you're happy with it!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Put yourself in one of those situations mentally and walk through it. What is the little voice in your mind telling you at any given time? There is a sequential dialogue going on in your mind that you are able to change.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    focus more on how you feel not how you look

so when someone says 'you look great'

reply with 'I feel EVEN better because I constantly make the right choices '

janie is offline Senior Member
    I used to do exactly as you describe, Yogi. It is as though a compliment is permission to veer off track. Several years ago I shifted something in my brain and decided that nothing (even success!) was going to stop me. You can do that. Don't wait as long as I did.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    the compliments should serve as motivation to stay on track as the plan is clearly working!

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you are thinking 'diet' rather than lifestyle? If you are feeling deprived you need to determine why and how to correct that.

I just focus on feeding my body well, that is my priority. If I eat junk I don't feel guilty about it but I don't binge because being healthy is the goal.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    focus more on how you feel not how you look
    +1

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I have the exact same problem. Also, if I've had a really good drop in weight, I get cocky and think I can eat this or that crap. I am really trying to get to the root of it, as I want to weigh 120 (or look like I do). Apple fritters aren't going to get me there... I start a new strength training at my gym this week, I am hoping the new keeps me motivated to stay healthy.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    We do have an unfortunate tendency to repeat the same behaviors that failed to work in the past, imagining that things will turn out different this time.

Are you telling yourself you're "done" and you don't need to "diet" anymore? Concentrate on the goal of good health and how it follows from eating healthy food, not just in a general way but directly from each good thing you eat. Then practice imagining the opposite: how each unhealthy thing you eat will degrade your body.

This is a lifelong process, not a temporary distraction from "normal" eating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast