Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page

seaweed is offline Senior Member

seaweed journal

Primal Fuel
    i will change my journal name when i have decided what to call it properly. right now i am putting an entry in for my exercise journal so i can keep track. i got BBY ( body by you by mark lauren ) which i am going to work thru. i need to fit it in with my one day at the gym a week and i also walk lots. so.....

BBY does 3 workouts a week. i go to the gym thursdays. my plan is to do BBY maybe fri, sun and tues. gym on thursday. and walk when i normally do.

i did my BBY assesments over the last couple of days to work out where i was with it all. it is quite funny as you need to be able to do 12 reps of an exercise with good form. you start at exercise 1 and do every odd numbered exercise till you can no longer do 12 with good form. you then take the last exercise you could do 12 reps of as your starting point. i got to exercise 25 on one of them and was nearly dead LOL it was great fun tho. alot of the exercises are challenging even if you can do them. i am still wondering if i didnt over pace myself as he reckons when you can do 12 reps of one exercise with good form, you upgrade to the next one.

today was sunday. day 2 of cycle 1. made it thru just!

pulling - exercise 17 - let me ups legs straight with 2 sec pause. 2 x 12 reps
    squatting - exercise 13 - one legged squats off knee high surface. 2 x 12 reps. i had to lean very slightly on the side of the chair a smidgen on the left leg as my ankle is still a bit dodgy.
    perpendicular pushing - exercise 11 - military press with 1 sec pause. 2 x 12 reps. i will be upgrading this to military press with 2 sec pauses next time.
    bending - exercise 25 - one legged warrior with 3kg weight. 2 x 12 reps. i could do this on my right leg but my ankle didnt like it on my left leg so i did 1 x 12 reps with the right leg. then did 2 x 12 reps on both legs.

this is actually harder than the good ol' lifting heavy at the gym i reckon. you get rest times as well so for pulling and perpendicular pushing, you get 2 mins to do each set of 12 reps. for squatting and bending, you get 3 mins to do each set.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yay for you Seas - I have just ordered the book. Can't wait to incorporate it into my CC lifestyle !
    I look forward to reading your progressions !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i may just fall under the table instead LOL it is actual incredibly hard. i was panting when i finished and my head was spinning.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    It certainly does sound pretty intense, but if you can do it at home with virtually no equipment that is ideal for you.

You put us all to shame.

Eagerly awaiting next instalment of your hopefully very soon to be renamed journal

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    'bout dang time you stared one of these! geesh! lol

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    sea, good to see you start a new journal! Didn't you used to have one about hunting, fishing, and indigenous foods? I thought that was where I got my mental image of you traipsing in the woods with a shot gun and snorkle (and now you've added a corset).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i had a carnivory journal for a while as an experiment. it worked pretty good for the first few weeks but i got so wired i was almost driving around with the shotgun under the car seat looking for food LOL cool mental image J. we so need to paint it. there is this unreally trippy bush remnant near me. it's on private land, on a incredibly windy coastal facing hill and has been grazed by sheep since the pakeha got here about 1860. all the big podocarps got felled for timber way back. so it's full of mainly low growing twistey horopito ( pseudowinter colorate i think ) whose euro name is pepper tree. it gets mottled red blotches on its leaves the more exposed to the elements it is. there's a fair bit of kotukutuku which is our native tree fuschia. the largest one in the world. it is deciduous down here too and it has this reddy orange papery bark. as it is all so low growing and the track is slightly raised you can see across the top. all sorts of wierd and wonderful insects fly around there. then underneath there are all these low bush tunnels and loads and loads of our noxious, toxic native nettle. onga onga. which is host of both our native admiral butterflies species. to paint someone in a gothic victorian dress or even some weird corset get up creeping thru there with a shotgun. you could prob use poetic license and put a deer in there LOL would be a good painting. you could even do a couple of children in victorian gear with a shotgun stalking deer thru there. i actual took a pic of my middle daughter yesterday when she was going rabbit shooting with her .22. she had her butt length hair tied up in a big bun at the back. a pair of denim shorts and a t-shirt and some black gum boots on. looked very decorative. she almost wore my steel boned corset last halloween but she didn't have any boobs for the top bit.

starting the day on an artistic note as i am so sore. my lats are burning still. i did kill them at the gym on thursday as well. and i forgot to put i did some chin ups on the totara tree on the island yesterday. 5,4,3,2,1 sets. i still can only do the first one of each set properly. i have found chinning up is far more difficult on a tree branch than a bar as it bends towards you.

i had a cup of water and some liquid minerals, some calcium ( for my ankle in case it really was broken), some deer velvet pills i got given to try and a tsp of SA when i got up. then breakfast was a cup of coffee with some whole milk and a splash of cream and a 2 egg brie omlette.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Reading this does make me wish I knew how to paint.

Or it sounds like the makings of an award winning creative landscape photograph.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I agree Annie - a very amazing picture.....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    exercise! made it round the 6k block for my resting recovery slow movement day. my ankle now has that pleasant pain feeling when it is angled on the inward roll. so so much better. i have worked out i like the type of pain that gives you sensation and goes away when you stop doing whatever it is that is causing it but i very much dislike the type of pain that involuntarily prevents movement. i suspect if i tried to break into a run, i would get that back very quickly LOL i can feel my butt at the top of the hamstrings when i go up hills so that must have been the one legged squats off a knee high surface.

in other news, we saw a white heron on the way to school today!!!!
    New Zealand Birds | Birds | Gallery | White heron, Egretta alba modesta
    rare as hen's teeth around here. there was the usual gaggle of spoonbills and one was taller and had a yellow beak. so it was in non breeding plummage. we did a u-turn and slowly snuck back. i chucked the kids out the car to commando crawl at it LOL it was almost the same height as my youngest so approx a metre maybe. much more upright standing than the little grey herons. it was just hanging out and some tourists drove past and scared it so it flew off. huge wing span and that slow motion flight. unreal.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast