Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 7

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm hoping that by reading your journal, I can get more fit simply by some kind of mental osmosis.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LMAO i used to tease the horrid exhubby about getting fit by osmosis. if he sat next to the abmachine watching tv for long enuf, he could grow a 6 pack!!!

went for another 6 k walk in the rain. got very wet but it was nice. love to feel the rain after such a long drought.
    dinner was a variation on pork, prawn and pineapple stir fry with steamed veges. garlic, ginger, diced wild pork, pinapple and prawns cooked in chicken broth. smidgen of fish sauce and some grated lemon zest as i had no lemon grass. i had some stewed apple and cultured cream for dessert. a cup of coffee while i was doing the dishes. and then a cup of earl grey with ginger and cinnamon and 1/2tsp honey after i put the kids to bed,

slow morning today as it is school hols. water and potions. brie omlette and coffee for breakfast. coffee for morning smoko.

snuck in some exercise!
    day 3 week 2 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 17. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps. 1st set properly. 2nd set meh.
    squatting - exercise 14. assisted one legged squats. 2 x 12 reps.
    perpendicular pushing. exercise 12. military press with 2 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps.
    bending. exercise 25. still cheating and doing 2 legged warrior coz of the ankle. used my 4kg clubbell 2 x 12 reps

i have been trying to pay attention to the rest intervals instead of just banging it all out to get it over with. make it more HIIT.

lunch was some more of the thai red curry with venison. i chucked about 10 tinned pinapple chunks in there and ate it like soup as i couldnt be bothered to steam any veges. cup of water with lunch.

made approx 6k walk. got the kids to go over have a picnic by the island and i did the bits of the block i could see the island from and doubled back.
    cup of water and a cup of coffee when i got in.

my copy of strength training anatomy arrived today as well which i am very happy about.
    Last edited by seaweed; 04-21-2013 at 11:07 PM.

dinner was diced venison. the offcuts of the leg bones as i got my knife sharpened. i am making broth with the bones as i axed them all in half. so diced venison fried in venison fat. i chucked a 1/2" cube of blue cheese in it once it was cooked and turned the pan off and let it melt. i had maybe 2 mashed maori potatoes which i cooked in the broth i was steaming the veges in. it reduced down so it was all gelatinous so i just mashed it all without adding any butter. steamed veges were red cabbage, golden cauliflower and 2 brussel sprouts. and i had half a reed avocado and about 5 small cherry tomatoes. all with lots of salt and pepper and a cup of water.

cup of coffee when i put the kids to bed.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i dont know. prob years of disordered eating. or constant coffee drinking in between meals. it is something i am going to experiment with.
    It would be worth it as you always go to such trouble to gather and prep your meals that I would hope you also get to enjoy them with gusto.,

interesting how even words can freak out the disordered eating mind. the thought of eating a meal with gusto brings images of someone having the edge to call me solid LOL i just like cooking. funny the kids went to the library when i was at the gym today and they complained when they got back that there were no decent kids cookery books there.

had to gym it today as the gym is closed for anzac day. left my water bottle in the car so maybe got lucky to get 100ml in swigs from the water fountain there. skin fold on my stomach is down 3mm from thursday.

close reverse grip lat pull downs to warm up for chin ups. 15 @ 60lbs. 10 @ 75lbs.
    chin ups. 5,4,3,2,1. same as before but maybe a bit better.
    press ups with 2 sec pause at the bottom. 5,4,3,2,1. piece of cake.
    super setted good mornings and one leg hamstring curl. 30kg on the bar for all sets. curls 10kgs. 15 on each leg, 10 on each leg and 5 on each leg. no rest in between. we did 3 supersets as usual.
    cable cross overs 3 sets of 15 @ 20lbs supersetted with bent over barbell row. 3 sets of 10 @ 30kgs
    triset roman chair ab circle, stiff arm pushdowns and ab roller. 20 ab circles, 15 stiff arm pushdowns @18kgs. 3 tri sets in all.

food.

water with pills.
    brie omlette with coffee

lunch cup of coffee and a faleo chocolate banana mug cake.

thinking about birthday cakes. i want a cake we can all eat as i dont want to have to eat it all on my own. i have thought about chocolate nut balls but i dont think the kids like them. raw fruitcake ditto. and i just found this
    Naked Chocolate Cake : The Healthy Chef – Teresa Cutter may or may not be able to get away with it. i do have to confess the sidebar ad for her healthy pea protein powder puts me off big time LOL euwww!!! i have always hated legumes.

i need to think birthday menu as well. since i like cooking that is no drama. just having everyone eat the same meal without any indecent yelling and complaining about how we should have pasta instead of fillet steak will be my present.

leaning towards. surprise LOL roast venison. with maybe chocolate sauce. some roast tubers and loads of veges. i have 4 days to make up my mind. and i have to have lunch and breakfast too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    had a cup of coffee midafternoon

dinner was steak and mushroom pieces in blue cheese sauce. steamed red cabbage and a few brussel sprouts. with grated russet apple in whipped cream with cinnamon as dessert. feeling incredibly stuffed so i prob ate too much steak.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast